KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Coded Speak - The New PC?

Coded Speak - The New PC?
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

In a world of with all the colors of the rainbow, saying things are either black or white disregards everything in between.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 01:43 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
No it isn't. It's just insinuating something because you're too much of a pussy to say it bluntly. It doesn't require intelligence.

I think that is exactly the point.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 01:50 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Re: Coded Speak - The New PC?

Originally posted by PVS
-I'm sure not all homosexuals are peadophiles, but you cant deny that when a man rapes a little boy, he's a homosexual. (homosexuality and peadophilia are directly linked)

Not true. So all the Catholic Priests who molest children must be homosexual then? Not true.

Homosexuals are attracted to men. Pedophiles are attracted to children, girls or boys. Homosexuals are NOT pedophiles, and pedophiles are NOT homosexuals.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 02:01 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

I think you missed the point.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 02:06 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Re: Re: Coded Speak - The New PC?

Originally posted by Makedde
Not true. So all the Catholic Priests who molest children must be homosexual then? Not true.

Homosexuals are attracted to men. Pedophiles are attracted to children, girls or boys. Homosexuals are NOT pedophiles, and pedophiles are NOT homosexuals.

Did you even read the first post?
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I think you missed the point.

I think she did as well.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 02:16 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Coded Speak - The New PC?

well...she's trying and we should commend her for that.

^^^^
see, thats not coded speak. thats tact and grace smile

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 02:20 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde

I read the first post. You say that all pedophiles are homosexuals. That's the same as saying that all homosexuals are pedophiles.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 03:09 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

I read the first post. You say that all pedophiles are homosexuals. That's the same as saying that all homosexuals are pedophiles.

erm um......not really. I think he means that pedos don't really give a shit about the gender of their victim.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 03:20 AM
Darth Callous is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Re: Re: Re: Coded Speak - The New PC?

Originally posted by PVS

^^^^

True. True.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 03:27 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

The thread isnt about pedophiles. That was an example of the form of PC that the thread is about

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 04:03 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

you read the first sentence and ran with it.
it was an example of coded speak. now go back and
read the post. contribute something relevant or please stfu.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 04:07 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

news media dictionary-
suspected gang member=n!gger
welfare mother=n3gress
east coast liberal=k!ke
illegal alien=sp!c
urban youth=p!caninny
suspected terrorist=towel-head

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 07:18 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Coded Speak - The New PC?

Originally posted by PVS

^^^^

techincally it is coded speech

non coded speech would be

"poofs are not nonces and nonces are not poofs"

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 10:06 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde

Originally posted by PVS
you read the first sentence and ran with it.
it was an example of coded speak. now go back and
read the post. contribute something relevant or please stfu.

My apoligies, I did not know what this 'coded speak' was. I understand you now. smile

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 10:30 AM
finti

yeah there are more and more so called coded speak, but it is more and more that look for so called coded speak when there is non as well. Meaning that in certain political discussions, at least here in Norway, debaters look for coded speak all the time in their opponents even if it is kind of straight forward arguments that are being raised.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 10:48 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Coded Speak - The New PC?

Originally posted by PVS
-I'm sure not all homosexuals are peadophiles, but you cant deny that when a man rapes a little boy, he's a homosexual. (homosexuality and peadophilia are directly linked)

-many people died during ww2, jews were a fraction. im not denying that many were killed. (the jews were never systematically killed, they were just casualties of war)

-many blacks are decent people, but just look at them all looting and killing after katrina. they were out of control and i support the decision to shoot first and ask questions later. (black people who are not obedient should be shot, white people who have committed the same crime were simply 'looking for food')

im talking about coded speak. a recent mutation of the dreaded PC, which the right claims to never use, and is soley a tool of the left. but is it? i have found in reading and listening to those of the extreme right, that they weild the art of PC like a samurai master weilds a katana. a tool which allows them to not directly admit their beliefs, but at the same time not deny them in the least.

i find that when the left decides upon PC terms, its just that. terms. no hidden meaning, but rather a dillusion of true meaning. a clumsy attempt to sophisticate our terminology, when in fact it only tends to delete any meaning from the subject of the term. of coarse i refer to the ridiculous side of PC. the side which calls black people "african american" when i have yet to meet a single black person who is offended or affected in any way by being called "black". but is there really a change in message behind these terms? or just a load of unnecessary syllables and hyphens? its annoying, but i honestly dont feel threatened by this manner of control.

what prompted me to make this thread was a budding off-topic debate on mel gibson in the holocaust denier thread. mel weilds PC in a way which allows him to dodge the question of "do you believe the holocaust was real?" and escape without a scratch. (response was similar to the above paraphrased example).

i have seen a growing trend in coded speak over recent years. it seems commonplace in debates over homosexuality, terrorism, racism, and all other hot button issues. seek and ye shall find.

anyone care to elaborate/confirm/deny my observation?
A decade and a half later, we have coded speak everywhere this thread was prophetic.13 years ago.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 10:21 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

haha this pvs was almost on par with steve zodiac

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 12:45 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
haha this pvs was almost on par with steve zodiac
yes he was Bash.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 01:06 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I had lurked stormfront and other racist forums back then, since a wise woman named shi-tzu once said 'know your enemy'. anyhoo I noticed that, almost overnight, they all stopped dropping n-bombs and other slurs. they would be like "what a beautiful culture" at an article/video of criminality involving black people. some would get too excited and let the slurs fly, but he would be quickly (yet gently) chided by his peers.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 01:17 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I had lurked stormfront and other racist forums back then, since a wise woman named shi-tzu once said 'know your enemy'. anyhoo I noticed that, almost overnight, they all stopped dropping n-bombs and other slurs. they would be like "what a beautiful culture" at an article/video of criminality involving black people. some would get too excited and let the slurs fly, but he would be quickly (yet gently) chided by his peers.
Yeah, I think the rest of us noticed a little later. How they had become far more insidious and far better at hiding in plain site. The coded speech they use now is clear to you and I, some people here still miss it I think.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2019 02:37 PM