KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Kakashi vs Gai

which is better
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hatake,Kakashi 30 81.08%
Maito,Gai 7 18.92%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kakashi vs Gai
Started by: KyubiRasengan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Kakashi is leagues cooler and therefore wins by default.

see thats the kind of reasoning that starts wars roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 02:38 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wade217

i used to think gai was a really great fighter, but after i saw that he had to open like 5 gates just to beat kisame's clone or whatever it was--the guy kisame used to fight who was only supposed to have like a quarter of kisame's actual strength--i dont really think gai's all that. he didnt use anything but taijutsu. if his ninjutsu was any good he would have used it before resorting to a forbidden technique. and i dont see him practice anything but taijutsu. he's obviously good because he's a high ranked jounin, but he's not at kakashi's level. in a fight between the two, i dont think gai's speed would help even is kakshi didnt use sharingan because kakshi isnt exactly slow, plus i doubt there's a ninja alive that can form seals faster.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 03:06 AM
wade217 is currently offline Click here to Send wade217 a Private Message Find more posts by wade217 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wade217

Originally posted by Kento
Well unlike Lee Gai can use chakra. He just wouldn't in a fight with Kakashi. Plus Kakashi could see where Gai was going to be since Sasuke did it with Naruto who was a lot faster in their fight. But Gai and Kakashi are always said to be even and Gai knows not to look into Kakashi's eye soo.

question: doesnt it take a lot of chakra control to walk on water, because im pretty positive i remember seeing lee walk o water when they fought kisame. what's up with that?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 03:10 AM
wade217 is currently offline Click here to Send wade217 a Private Message Find more posts by wade217 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by wade217
i used to think gai was a really great fighter, but after i saw that he had to open like 5 gates just to beat kisame's clone or whatever it was--the guy kisame used to fight who was only supposed to have like a quarter of kisame's actual strength--i dont really think gai's all that. he didnt use anything but taijutsu. if his ninjutsu was any good he would have used it before resorting to a forbidden technique. and i dont see him practice anything but taijutsu. he's obviously good because he's a high ranked jounin, but he's not at kakashi's level. in a fight between the two, i dont think gai's speed would help even is kakshi didnt use sharingan because kakshi isnt exactly slow, plus i doubt there's a ninja alive that can form seals faster.
You don't have to know ninjutsu or genjutsu to be a good ninja. Didn't Rock Lee teach anybody that?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 03:18 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wade217

You don't have to know ninjutsu or genjutsu to be a good ninja. Didn't Rock Lee teach anybody that?

i didnt say he wasnt good. i just said he wasnt at kakashi's level.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 04:08 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

i didnt say he wasnt good. i just said he wasnt at kakashi's level.
Because Gai had to use the Gates against Kisame's clone? He basically beat Kisame's clone himself, Kakashi has some help against Itachi's. It's also not like Kakashi can stand against either Itachi or Kisame either. I'd be willing to be Gai with just a few gates would be faster than Kakashi could react much less with five open. Not to mention he knows how to counter the sharigan doing anything to him besides maybe Mangekyou putting him into a different dimension or whatever..And Kakashi isn't exactly going to have an easy time hitting him with it.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 04:17 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GEEKiN

Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Kakashi can't copy Gai's Taijutsu with the sharigan Sasuke tried against lee.

when did sasuke try to copy lee? i dont remember that

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:24 PM
GEEKiN is currently offline Click here to Send GEEKiN a Private Message Find more posts by GEEKiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

'eff yo couch, Geekin.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:35 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

IMO Kakashi would win.

Purely because he's never fallen for anything twice, coupled with the fact he's seen Gai fight many many times, i see this going to Kakashi.

I do't think Gai using gates vs Kisame is reason enough to assume he's weaker, don't forget, we still haven't seen Gai remove his weights yet have we?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:40 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wade217

Because Gai had to use the Gates against Kisame's clone? He basically beat Kisame's clone himself, Kakashi has some help against Itachi's. It's also not like Kakashi can stand against either Itachi or Kisame either. I'd be willing to be Gai with just a few gates would be faster than Kakashi could react much less with five open. Not to mention he knows how to counter the sharigan doing anything to him besides maybe Mangekyou putting him into a different dimension or whatever..And Kakashi isn't exactly going to have an easy time hitting him with it.

1. when kakashi went up against itachi, it was the real itachi, not some quarter-strength clone. 2. itachi is more powerfull that kisame. 3. gai only leaned how to avoid one of the sharingan's powers: genjutsu. theres no way to stop sharingan from seeing. 4. kakashi and gai are a lot like sasuke and lee. sasuke was able to do everything lee could do after seeing him fight only once, even match his speed. keep in mind that was while his regular sharingan hadnt even fully developed. you must consider that kakashi has watched gai fight not once, but over the course of many years. he has much more control over his sharingan than sasuke had then. so, w/ the aid of his sharingan, kakashi prolly knows gai's moves foward and backward and can copy every one of them he's seen, including primary lotus. this would make kakshi's taijutsu close to or equal to gai's or possible better. 5. assuming, however, that their taijutsu is equal, kakashi can probably perform hundreds more techniques than gai, giving him an extreme advantage.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:47 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

1. when kakashi went up against itachi, it was the real itachi, not some quarter-strength clone. 2. itachi is more powerfull that kisame. 3. gai only leaned how to avoid one of the sharingan's powers: genjutsu. theres no way to stop sharingan from seeing. 4. kakashi and gai are a lot like sasuke and lee. sasuke was able to do everything lee could do after seeing him fight only once, even match his speed. keep in mind that was while his regular sharingan hadnt even fully developed. you must consider that kakashi has watched gai fight not once, but over the course of many years. he has much more control over his sharingan than sasuke had then. so, w/ the aid of his sharingan, kakashi prolly knows gai's moves foward and backward and can copy every one of them he's seen, including primary lotus. this would make kakshi's taijutsu close to or equal to gai's or possible better. 5. assuming, however, that their taijutsu is equal, kakashi can probably perform hundreds more techniques than gai, giving him an extreme advantage.
Kakashi was completely owned by Itachi also, and ran when Gai came in. When he fought Itachi's clone he needed a bit of help to beat him also.

We've never seen Itachi or Kisame use any power or exert themselves at all..so we don't know who is stronger as it never really says.

The Sharingan's biggest thing is genjutsu though.

Kakashi has never shown he can see people move like Sasuke did against Naruto...and Sasuke hasn't shown that again either when he was fighting Deidara. Also Sasuke couldn't keep up Lee's speed as long as Lee can, and he's not as strong. Sasuke got the speed by using chakra while Lee has it naturally. Kakashi could possibly do it also but Gai would be a lot better at moving at high speed, plus Kakashi wouldn't be able to get faster than the gates.

Gai has watched Kakashi fight also and they know each other like the back of their hands but Kakashi more or less relies on his sharingan in a battle against a skilled opponent to know what they are doing but he can't do that with Gai, and using the sharingan causes a strain on his body that I doubt he'd do anyway fighting Gai because the battle wouldn't be over with quick and all that Kakashi has shown with his eye would be useless. He won't be able to hypnotize Gai like he did Zabuza since Gai looks at his feet, and the mangekyou sharingan attack Kakashi has to aim and he'll have a hard time aiming at something moving fast as Gai. Not to mention Gai wouldn't be charging straight in. Like Lee said about himself..He can't charge straight in because he doesn't have the eyes to do so. Gai won't be in a straight line while moving with the gates or at full speed so it's going to be even harder with Gai circiling around him and hitting him from all different sides.

Sure Kakashi's ninjutsu could help him out more than Gai's taijutsu but I doubt just because Kakashi has the mangekyou sharingan is going to be a deciding factor.

I don't think Gai would totally beat Kakashi either. I think it could go either way depending on who does what and how they fight and whatnot. I doubt in their sparring matched Kakashi has tried everything he knows and I doubt even more so Gai has used the gates and went all out also.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 06:18 PM
Csdabest

Right now. If Sasuke actual speed is anything like the game. Then I put him above Gai in speed now. But Sasuke is insanely fast. but back on topic.

Kakashi is a genius and is talented in all areas. So he should take this.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 03:15 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Sasuke is insanely fast..compared to Naruto without using Kyuubi. But he's not really the fastest.

Doesn't Gai being a h2h genius count for something? lol

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 05:05 AM
NemeBro

Kisame would easily beat Kakashi, so I hardly see what Gai being weaker than Kisame has to do with anything.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 02:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wade217

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Kisame would easily beat Kakashi, so I hardly see what Gai being weaker than Kisame has to do with anything.

thats kinda dumb why would kisame beat kakashi? and that doesnt have anything to do with gai vs kakshi.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 03:33 AM
wade217

Sasuke is insanely fast..compared to Naruto without using Kyuubi. But he's not really the fastest.

Doesn't Gai being a h2h genius count for something? lol

i dont think that statement about sasuke is supported by anything. i dont doubt, however, that sasuke is ideed insanely faster than naruto inside kento's head.

but that doesnt have nothing to do with gai and kakashi.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 03:39 AM
wade217

Originally posted by Csdabest
Right now. If Sasuke actual speed is anything like the game. Then I put him above Gai in speed now. But Sasuke is insanely fast. but back on topic.

Kakashi is a genius and is talented in all areas. So he should take this.

thank you. kakashi is talented in all areas.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 03:41 AM
wade217

Kakashi was completely owned by Itachi also, and ran when Gai came in. When he fought Itachi's clone he needed a bit of help to beat him also.

We've never seen Itachi or Kisame use any power or exert themselves at all..so we don't know who is stronger as it never really says.

The Sharingan's biggest thing is genjutsu though.

Kakashi has never shown he can see people move like Sasuke did against Naruto...and Sasuke hasn't shown that again either when he was fighting Deidara. Also Sasuke couldn't keep up Lee's speed as long as Lee can, and he's not as strong. Sasuke got the speed by using chakra while Lee has it naturally. Kakashi could possibly do it also but Gai would be a lot better at moving at high speed, plus Kakashi wouldn't be able to get faster than the gates.

Gai has watched Kakashi fight also and they know each other like the back of their hands but Kakashi more or less relies on his sharingan in a battle against a skilled opponent to know what they are doing but he can't do that with Gai, and using the sharingan causes a strain on his body that I doubt he'd do anyway fighting Gai because the battle wouldn't be over with quick and all that Kakashi has shown with his eye would be useless. He won't be able to hypnotize Gai like he did Zabuza since Gai looks at his feet, and the mangekyou sharingan attack Kakashi has to aim and he'll have a hard time aiming at something moving fast as Gai. Not to mention Gai wouldn't be charging straight in. Like Lee said about himself..He can't charge straight in because he doesn't have the eyes to do so. Gai won't be in a straight line while moving with the gates or at full speed so it's going to be even harder with Gai circiling around him and hitting him from all different sides.

Sure Kakashi's ninjutsu could help him out more than Gai's taijutsu but I doubt just because Kakashi has the mangekyou sharingan is going to be a deciding factor.

I don't think Gai would totally beat Kakashi either. I think it could go either way depending on who does what and how they fight and whatnot. I doubt in their sparring matched Kakashi has tried everything he knows and I doubt even more so Gai has used the gates and went all out also.

kisame has made several comments that indicated he viewed itachi as his superior.
sharingan is a whole lot more than genjutsu.
kakashi can see ppl move like sasuke. that is the sharingan's power. he showed us this when he first fought zabuza ( i think thats his name. when they were guarding the bridgebuilder). deidar didnt do anything but throw clay. why would kakashi need to see him move?
who said sasuke got his speed from chakra? no. sasuke really is that fast. and he may not have been as strong as lee back then, but he is now, and so is kakashi.
kakashi does not rely on sharingan. he was considered a genius ninja long before he got sharingan. and there is no reason why he wouldnt be able to use sharingan on gai. plus, gai watching kakashi is not the same as kakashi watching gai because kakashi has sharingan.
kakshi might actually be able to handle gai w/o aid of sharingan if he's already used it to learn all gai's moves. kakashi's not slow and he does rely on just taijutsu or sharingan or genjutsu. he's rounded. unlike gai.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 04:00 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

kisame has made several comments that indicated he viewed itachi as his superior.
sharingan is a whole lot more than genjutsu.
kakashi can see ppl move like sasuke. that is the sharingan's power. he showed us this when he first fought zabuza ( i think thats his name. when they were guarding the bridgebuilder). deidar didnt do anything but throw clay. why would kakashi need to see him move?
who said sasuke got his speed from chakra? no. sasuke really is that fast. and he may not have been as strong as lee back then, but he is now, and so is kakashi.
kakashi does not rely on sharingan. he was considered a genius ninja long before he got sharingan. and there is no reason why he wouldnt be able to use sharingan on gai. plus, gai watching kakashi is not the same as kakashi watching gai because kakashi has sharingan.
kakshi might actually be able to handle gai w/o aid of sharingan if he's already used it to learn all gai's moves. kakashi's not slow and he does rely on just taijutsu or sharingan or genjutsu. he's rounded. unlike gai.

I'm sure the sharingan would have nothing to do with Kisame listening to Itachi. I don't care how much chakra you would have but Genjutsu that put Kakashi in a coma, and fire that burns hotter than the sun isn't anything to screw around with.

Yea it is but genjutsu is the biggest thing it utilizes.

Kakashi also has been hit by plenty of things that means there has to be a limit to the whole predicting movements. So has Sasuke during shippuden. It still has to do with eye contact in Kakashi's case what would make Sasuke's or Itachi's any different?

Kakashi was always fast enough for Lee, as was Gai. Sasuke couldn't even use the speed for a fraction of the time Lee did and was getting tired before he even went to use chidori.

Every fight Kakashi has ever had in Naruto against somebody not fodder he always had to rely on the sharingan. Kakashi is a genius ninja sure but he would have been dead by creating chidori if not for the 4th also. Besides Gai has already said him being Kakashi's rival has let him see the weakness in the sharingan beause he's been around it and learned through fighting it meaning Kakashi has used the sharingan when they fight. And Gai watching Kakashi is the same since Gai is good at reading people without some plot device like the sharingan.

Being rounded in taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu doesn't mean anything. His genjutsu he gets from the sharingan is useless because Gai won't be looking at it. Genjutsu that he could use without Gai would be able to dispell. Ninjutsu, doesn't mean an auto win at all. Taijutsu, Gai probably has the speed advantage, and just copying Gai isn't going to mean he can easily beat him. Not with Gai's own taijutsu at least. I don't even think Kakashi could handle the Primary Lotus either, doing or receiving it.

i dont think that statement about sasuke is supported by anything. i dont doubt, however, that sasuke is ideed insanely faster than naruto inside kento's head.

but that doesnt have nothing to do with gai and kakashi.
Um...Sasuke proved that without Naruto using Kyuubi, and without Sasuke using cursed seal that Sasuke is a lot faster but he wasn't faster than Sai or Yamato. Yamato isn't Kakashi's superior and Gai is at the very least between them though in speed probably even with Kakashi if not superior.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 06:32 PM
wade217

I'm sure the sharingan would have nothing to do with Kisame listening to Itachi. I don't care how much chakra you would have but Genjutsu that put Kakashi in a coma, and fire that burns hotter than the sun isn't anything to screw around with.

i dont get what the point is supposed to be there.

Yea it is but genjutsu is the biggest thing it utilizes.

i dont know what u mean by biggest. i dont think theres a scale to measure the size of sharingan's abilities.

It still has to do with eye contact in Kakashi's case what would make Sasuke's or Itachi's any different?

im pretty sure only the genjutsu needs eye contact.

Besides Gai has already said him being Kakashi's rival has let him see the weakness in the sharingan beause he's been around it and learned through fighting it meaning Kakashi has used the sharingan when they fight. And Gai watching Kakashi is the same since Gai is good at reading people without some plot device like the sharingan.

gai and kakashi havent fought. i know this because gai said he practiced certain things "in case" he ever had to fight kakashi. also, there is no reason to think gai is any better at reading ppl than anyone else.

Being rounded in taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu doesn't mean anything. His genjutsu he gets from the sharingan is useless because Gai won't be looking at it. Genjutsu that he could use without Gai would be able to dispell. Ninjutsu, doesn't mean an auto win at all. Taijutsu, Gai probably has the speed advantage, and just copying Gai isn't going to mean he can easily beat him. Not with Gai's own taijutsu at least. I don't even think Kakashi could handle the Primary Lotus either, doing or receiving it.

genjutsu, ninjutsu, sharingan,...whatever--none of them alone mean automatic win. all of them together mean likely win tho. if lee could do primary lotus as a 13 yr old genin who couldnt even make final round of the chuunin exam ,i think a guy who was a jounin at 13 would be able to do primary lotus when he is 26 and aquired sharingan.

Um...Sasuke proved that without Naruto using Kyuubi, and without Sasuke using cursed seal that Sasuke is a lot faster but he wasn't faster than Sai or Yamato. Yamato isn't Kakashi's superior and Gai is at the very least between them though in speed probably even with Kakashi if not superior.

i'd say sasuke's taijutsu was just better. i dont think their speeds are that dramatically different, now, or then, using cursed seal and kyuubi, or not.

Last edited by wade217 on Jan 29th, 2008 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 08:25 PM