KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 243 244 [245] 246 247 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Why would this even be a fight?

I can't think of more than a few notable victories by Bas and the most fan was undeserved.

Shamrock submitted him twice with lightning speed.
He's only lost 4 times, and all were via submission, he's never been outstriked through all his career fights.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 03:23 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Decent fight tonight. Download mobdro.apk and go to btsports 1 to watch the ppv free.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2015 12:46 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Cormier wins by TKO in RD 3

Woodley wins by KO in RD 2

Old Post Oct 4th, 2015 02:18 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Only got around to watching the Cormier/Gustafsson fight as of now. It was a really good match. I was impressed with DC's ability to actually close the distance and get in good clinch range strikes. Gustafsson did really well though. Landing a takedown on a wrestler like Cormier is insane, but I think turning his back so much hurt him.

Split decision win for Cormier.

Who do y'all think could take Cormier with Jones gone? I wouldn't be surprised if Machida did it, but he's at MW now.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 5th, 2015 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 04:16 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gsp is coming back!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 01:04 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Myth
I love this stuff. Kazushi Sakuraba is my all time fav but he hasn't done so well the last couple of years.
Remember that time Mayhem Miller wrecked his shit? 8D

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 03:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/...he-ufc-more-and

This was the closest I could find to GSP returning. Seems like he's just leaving the door open, but not 100% coming back to the ring. I'd be excited if does, but let's not get our hopes up.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 05:16 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Dang! Rousey lost to Holm. Didn't see that coming!

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 07:50 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I thought it was quite possible, although I was defintely not bold enough to call it. Holly is just a far more technical striker than Ronda is. Women's bantamweight hasn't had anyone like her, so Ronda has been able to make due with her insane judo. Holly shut the grappling down(even took Ronda down once) though, and lit her up on the feet.

While I have grown to like Ronda a little more, she was being really disrepectful to Holly. I can't help but feeling like Ronda's loss is a little poetic.

Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs Valerie Letourneau was pretty awesome. It was a very technical muay thai match. I think Joanna is quite possibly the best striker in women's mma. She's like a female Jose Aldo.

Good stuff to Robert Whittaker and Uriah Hall. I think Robert has great things ahead of him. Really good striker.

MARK HUNT WON! That is the most important thing though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 15th, 2015 at 08:06 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 08:01 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Rousey was a pompous idiot who tried to outbox a 19 time boxing champion. She then chose to compound the folly by not relenting even though the strategy wasn't working.

After the 18th Left Hook

Rousey- GRRRR, ME ROUSEY, ME BREAK YOU....

And she goes to sleep

While I was ECSTATIC to see Holm decimate Rousey, I think Rousey wins a rematch hands down.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 08:29 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

^^agreed about the rematch comment.

she got trapped with that leading left straight so many times, i'm still baffled on why her corner didn't just have her circle left. Holmes even snuck in an elbow because Rhonda thought she can do a stand up lol. But yea, a rematch would be much different imo.

Last edited by dynamix on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 09:06 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 09:04 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by dynamix
^^agreed about the rematch comment.

she got trapped with that leading left straight so many times, i'm still baffled on why her corner didn't just have her circle left. Holmes even snuck in an elbow because Rhonda thought she can do a stand up lol. But yea, a rematch would be much different imo.
She'd still lose.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 05:38 AM
StyleTime

I think a rematch would be interesting. While I do understand the idea that "Ronda didn't fight to her strengths", I must point out that Ronda did in fact try for takedowns. Holly always shut it down, and even took Ronda down at one point.

In a rematch, maybe Ronda could go for it earlier, but Holly's defense seemed pretty good. And she is a pretty large bantamweight with good strength.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 06:20 PM
dynamix

as expected, a rematch is scheduled.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:52 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

ALDO VS MCGREGOR

CALL IT! (I got Aldo winning)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 02:51 AM
LordofBrooklyn

LORDOFMMA's PREDICTIONS

McGregor via TKO RD 3
Weidman via unanimous decision.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 02:54 AM
StyleTime

McGregor gets TKO'd in the 3rd. I agree

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 02:58 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by StyleTime
McGregor gets TKO'd in the 3rd. I agree

NEVER go against THELORDOFMMA's predictions!!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 11:57 AM
StyleTime

Yeah, I'm going to wait on the rematch lol. Just felt too flash ko- like for my liking.

It was a good counter from McGregor though. I can't take that away from him.
NEVER go against THELORDOFMMA's predictions!!!

LORDOFMMA's PREDICTIONS

McGregor via TKO RD 3
Weidman via unanimous decision.

Except when they're wrong.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 02:35 PM
Bro SMASH

I'm still hoping for the Green Ranger vs. CM Punk match.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 07:33 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote