KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Martial Arts

Martial Arts
Started by: spidergrl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidergrl
Living

yea it was a tad funi

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 07:59 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Baylin
laughing out loud

My next weapons creation are going to be numb chucks... (Nunchaku)
hmm...you give me an ideashifty...maybe i can take the broken tanto and turn into a *gasp*

SWORDCHUCKS! eek!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 07:19 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

ummmmmmmmok sad

* runs and hids under a desk hoping the swordchucks don't break and hit spidergrl

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:43 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

*dodges TrAnCeDuO's flying fingers and ducks behind nearest solid object...*

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 12:36 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

* spidergrl runs with Baylin behind the solid object as them see pieces of debrue (sp?) flying everywhere.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:03 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

Do any of you practice healing arts such as shiatsu or kuatsu along side your fighting arts.
We do basic first aid at our club but just out of interest I've just started a shiatsu course. I think it is very important to be able to put your sparring partners back together after you've broken them...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 06:29 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

we don't learn how to help people. we have the rule - if you don't have your hands up and get kicked - then its your fault. deal with it.....!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:36 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

I thinks that could be where TKD and Jujitsu are vastly different.

In TKD you make a mistake or something goes wrong you get hit.
In Jujitsu when things go wrong bones get snapped...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:51 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
I thinks that could be where TKD and Jujitsu are vastly different.

In TKD you make a mistake or something goes wrong you get hit.
In Jujitsu when things go wrong bones get snapped...

thats very true. last sunday i was over at one of the blackbelts house practicing when he got into a leg lock and re-broke his leg.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:32 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

reali shit?? the worst i've ever got is when i broke my finger and had to get my whole arm in a cast for 6 weeks

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:35 AM
badboy2006
girl slayer

thats harsh i've split my head several times doing martial arts

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:59 AM
badboy2006 is currently offline Click here to Send badboy2006 a Private Message Find more posts by badboy2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

bruised rib... split lip...

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:12 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I've pretty much bruised most of my body at some point or another. Last week I thought I'd broke a toe but it seems fine now so maybe it was just badly bruised.

Hey Spidergrl there's a TKD club opening up near me so I'm thinking of checking it out as I've no real experience of Korian MA so I think it will be interesting.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:31 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

ive always been told to go and check out other styles...but dont you think thats a bit...awkward?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:24 AM
spidergrl
Living

quote:
I've pretty much bruised most of my body at some point or another. Last week I thought I'd broke a toe but it seems fine now so maybe it was just badly bruised.

Hey Spidergrl there's a TKD club opening up near me so I'm thinking of checking it out as I've no real experience of Korian MA so I think it will be interesting.

awsome - where abouts do you live??
when you come back from one of their trainings send a post or PM me and tell me who it was - be great to know what kind of stuff they do there eek!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:05 AM
spidergrl
Living

quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
ive always been told to go and check out other styles...but dont you think thats a bit...awkward?

yea i've tried a few different martial arts - but nothings the same for me big grin
yea i know what you mean. you walk in and they're like hi what martial art do you do and your like ........ and they're like aaaaaaaa dumb!! and walk off sad quiet dis-heartning realli - puts you off that sport confused

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:08 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

they mock your martial art?im sorry to hear that. thats never happened to me and the people at my dojo certainly wouldnt ever do that!messed

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 09:43 PM
spidergrl
Living

yea like in nz, we have two different 'groups' of taekwondo. and to travel over seas with tkd you need to be part of their club thing as well. and when i went there they're all like
'omg you suck. union sucks. go away. blah blah blah'
i was like sheshhhhhhhhh carm your panties down!!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 02:56 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

I dunno sometimes a little rivalry can be fun so long as it doesn't get out of hand. The Jujitsu Ryu I'm a member of is pretty much split into North and South divisions. I train in the North and we often find at big Ryu meetings, whilst we are respectfull of them they often try and be all high and mighty and have a "Because we have more black belts we are better then you" attitude. The thing is we train "harder" than they do.
For example when we do wall work we do proper wall breakfalls, which compared to landing on mat is pretty damn hard the southern clubs dont so by the end of the meetings they go home complaining of being bruised and hurting all over whilst we go home taking the pi** out of them for being soft... big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 09:07 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

our jiu jitsu soke would never allow any of that.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 03:31 AM