KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3279 3280 [3281] 3282 3283 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dominis
I liked it, yeah. I'm not going to lie, Palpatine is a big reason why I enjoyed the film.

Don't get me wrong, I have my complaints with the movie and the trilogy as a whole, but I think most of the fanbase nitpick and make up issues that aren't even there.

Well if you liked it you liked it. I cant force you not to, just like you cant force me not to like the prequels.

And yeah was good to get definitive confirmation of Palpatine being the most powerful Sith ever, and clearly well above any Prequel Jedi. So I can see the appeal there for Sidious fans.

But I personally think in terms of a great villain Prequel and ROTJ Palpatine >>>> TROS Palpatine. I personally dont think JJ gets the character (where it seems like he does its because hes just imitating ROTJ), and shoehorning him into this trilogy last minute probably didnt help either.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Welcome back, S66. Zamp, Lucius, The Canadian, and now yourself?

'Tis a most joyful reunion.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:42 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Class of '05 represent. My joints hurt.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

It's funny to see the different waves of SW vs forum members. The Final Generation (myself at least in this form, Ant, Azronger, Skillz, etc.) has migrated away from KMC to another forum and I wonder if that's the end.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 07:55 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

No one cares where you guys went. All you folks did is troll anyway, and make this forum an absolute cesspool. thumb down

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 01:14 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Sheev
No one cares where you guys went. All you folks did is troll anyway, and make this forum an absolute cesspool. thumb down

laughing I mean, that generation was definitely the peak of SW vs. debating in terms of sophistication and depth, with long and sustained blogs and debates like this and this. There was also more trolling than usual, sometimes to terrible levels, but to say that's "all" that was done is clearly wrong.

(esp to direct it at me since after 2016 I hardly trolled at all)

--------

Anyway, I was just posting to check in on everyone and reminiscence about my time here. It wasn't all positive, but it was definitely a huge part of my life...probably more huge than it should have been. I made a lot of friends from here too though, so I can't say I would take that back.

Hope everyone is doing well. thumb up

Last edited by The Ellimist on Jan 19th, 2020 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:04 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I'm not saying that some of you didn't know your shit. I'm just saying that towards the end, most of you JUST trolled or shitposted in pretty much every thread that popped up.

It was borderline impossible to have a decent Star Wars related discussion here. That's what got annoying.... I can only hope the same crap isn't going on in the forum you guys migrated to.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Sheev
I'm not saying that some of you didn't know your shit. I'm just saying that towards the end, most of you JUST trolled or shitposted in pretty much every thread that popped up.

It was borderline impossible to have a decent Star Wars related discussion here. That's what got annoying.... I can only hope the same crap isn't going on in the forum you guys migrated to.

That did become a problem here, yeah, partly because of a few actors and partly because people got bored. We've at least temporarily fixed that problem with more mods and greater community engagement (discouraging boredom trolling).

I'm not saying towards the end that it was a bad thing we left lol (don't think I personally really trolled after 2016 though)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:16 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by The Ellimist
It's funny to see the different waves of SW vs forum members. The Final Generation (myself at least in this form, Ant, Azronger, Skillz, etc.) has migrated away from KMC to another forum and I wonder if that's the end.
you'll never know the tales of edge of destiny, or edge of infinity or whatever the hell it was called.

What you got ain't nothin new.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You pre-2012 guys had a Neo Nazi sock invasion too?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Proxy wars on proxy wars

RIP Star Wars Forums, The Sith Outcasts, Mega Star Wars Forums, Coalition of Darkness, etc. you will be missed.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:57 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Jaggarath
You pre-2012 guys had a Neo Nazi sock invasion too?
ooh baby

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

huh. I was wondering where everybody went.

let's see if this forum ever gets back to its glory days with just us around.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:35 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Probably won't. For one thing, the new Star Wars content isn't really compatible with debating (not enough new force user characters). For another, old KMC didn't have to compete with social networking sites. Discord has pretty much guaranteed that websites like this are obsolete.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 07:15 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

(please log in to view the image)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 07:07 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

I recently watched Legend of Galactic Heroes, a space opera anime from the 80s heavily inspired by Star Wars. There is a battle in that anime where the combined forces of both sides number over 200,000 ships and like thirty million personnel. That's in a single battle. In this setting, a fleet of 25,000 ships is seen as small.

It's nice to see a proper sense of scale for a war on a galactic scale.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2020 08:34 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, Star Wars has always felt small. The scale of distances, personnel, planets, even time... always seemed teensy. 3 million clones for the whole dang galactic war! The Red Army flipin wishes it could match those kinds of astronomical numbers.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

hello ya'll

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 06:06 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 07:38 AM
The Merchant

Speaking strictly the movies then millions of clones makes more sense. In AOTC over 10,000 systems joined the CIS and that many "split" the Republic in half. Hannity has a statement in ANH that implies less than 1000 ships for the Empire, and none of the battles we see in the films ever have even 100 capital ships around. If you read the scripts then armies of clones and droids are in the "thousands" range never beyond that. The death stars and Starkiller base do put a huge dent in that interpretation, however.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:17 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote