KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers Movie

Transformers Movie
Started by: darth_royke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

AN UPDATE
(from ssh)

1- They will be releasing more teaser posters in the coming months.

2- Paramount made studies and concluded that the TF "ANNOUNCEMENT" was the 2nd highest rated "teaser" this summer.

3.- They just finished shooting a lot of Pentagon interiors on a soundstage in scenes that involved many Chiefs of staff in their huge war room.

4.- Shia just was recently suspended over the edge of a 20 story building in a very dynamic and intense scene.

5.- The average transformation time from normal mode to alt mode and vice versa is about 3 to 4 seconds.

6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).

7.- Filming of massive chase scenes will begin in the following weeks.

8.- The CGI transformations by ILM are looking wicked and nastier every single day.

9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

10.- This movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular TF TV series and/or comic book.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 09:55 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

scoured some transformers forums and found these pics. some are toy prototypes, others are movie concepts. they may or may not reflect the final product, but they are certainly not fan-made.

***spoiler warning (well, no shit):

prime (not bad, but not great): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...6dd24405br7.jpg

starscream (awful): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...6dd5ca67ar3.jpg

incinerator: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...584039b5il5.jpg

as of yet nameless(looks like another version of incinerator): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...5841b497qb0.jpg

this page has some images as well, including bumblebee (not the first leaked pic, more detailed)http://flickr.com/photos/lights

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 03:39 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

...btw shouldnt this be in scifi/fantasy, since it is scifi and generally live action as well?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 03:54 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

*double post...sorry*

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 04:00 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Man I havent posted in here for a while but.... "For Feck's sake" was a more conservative version of my reaction when I saw these.

And after the misleading build up (Speilberg making all his G1 noises, the flatnose G1-Optimus like truck under the tarp at that show etc )
the descision to turn this into a superficial looking new whole concept at the expense of all G1 lore is a total choker.

It may as well be a gobots movie.

Prime: Looking so vulnerable compared to the original Prime. The original TFs at least looked solid and soulful in their design.
This "Prime" looks totally off to me. He looks like one good twatting would send his armour all over the shop.. Also the Truck looking inconspicous is out too by the looks of it. A COE truck wouldnt have been impossible to do now, would it...?

Starscream: WTF....?!?? Plenty of F-15s in the world. Why did they have to do this blasphemy of turning the 2nd most known decepticon, who is known for being sleek in robot mode(Granted, not as a G1 toy so much though) and as a Jet..? If Starscream was human, I could see him being a seething Kevin Spacey type. THIS design looks more like a "The Rock" or.... or.... nope. To put names of people to this shit would only insult people.

Now we get this Turkey/Monkey thing with virtually no Starscream charicteristics to bare to the eye.
Garbage. Total fecking garbage IMO.

Bumblebee: May as well have just called him Bluestreak or Smokescreen and given his a paint job for all the similarity to Bumblebee that that thing has. Way to pick the right size/class of car, Bay.

Fundimentally.... Were these new characters I could go "mehhh" and take em or leave em.

But to attempt to appeal to our our memories hearts and wallets and then hitting us suddenly with this bionacle looking trash by naming the characters "Prime" "Bumblebee" "Ratchet" "Megatron" etc without acknowledging what made the originals so cool visually or otherwise: unforgivable to me.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 06:27 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

As long as the movie is good and entertaining multiple times, and makes me giddy about a sequel. Thats all I can hope for.

As history has shown, transformers is up for interpretation.

but yes, the designs are gay

Looks like the toy companies are having a major hand in this picture.

and we know what that means

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Aug 23rd, 2006 at 07:10 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 07:07 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Not to mention the backhanders from GM that influenced the inappropriate allocation of characters forms. Kind of a "Highest bidder gets to dictate the forms" mentality made literal. Suckage.

'Course its all open to interpretation.
Well. I hate this interpretation.
Very generic and souless And the recent Alternators/ Masterpiece lines are the an excellent reworking. Why...?
Because they stayed true to the characters while updating the look.

This is just like making Batman with Batman's costume Pink and instead of pairing him with Robin, it could be poodlefish.
Just to be 'different and creative'.

How well would that be recieved by Batfans raised on Batlore...?

stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 23rd, 2006 at 07:55 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 07:51 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS
scoured some transformers forums and found these pics. some are toy prototypes, others are movie concepts. they may or may not reflect the final product, but they are certainly not fan-made.

***spoiler warning (well, no shit):

prime (not bad, but not great): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...6dd24405br7.jpg

starscream (awful): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...6dd5ca67ar3.jpg

incinerator: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...584039b5il5.jpg

as of yet nameless(looks like another version of incinerator): http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...5841b497qb0.jpg

this page has some images as well, including bumblebee (not the first leaked pic, more detailed)http://flickr.com/photos/lights

cool

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:27 PM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

I think the transformed Optimus looks cool. but the 'vehicle' mode is UGH, he's a regular truck...with flames? FLAMES?!!! the original colour scheme was great. and the 'flat' face truck was what i expected from optimus, but since you dont see those kind of trucks around anymore i guess they went with the times.

the others are meh too, hopefully the movie will be good enough that we can get pass the look of the transformers

oh and how the heck are kids going to transform a transformer that looks THAT complicated, looking at prime and bumblebee they have so many little parts and stuff...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 01:01 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

i found some more pic(s)

here's the link http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24215

Scorponok
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 01:38 AM
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Silverstein
AN UPDATE
(from ssh)
9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

If I hear the word mini-con, I'm leaving the FVCKEN theater man.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 04:03 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

i gotta say this again, im NOT diggin Optimus' flames. the red fading to yellow ontop of a dark blue... sad

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 02:44 AM
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you....................MEGATRON!

To me, that is one of THE absolute worst Transformer design I have ever seen. It looks like a DIGIMON, for Goodness sakes! Man. Spielberg and Bay may have already ruined it. But, we can't be that sure for now.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 03:36 AM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

His mouth looks like an anus.

I can only imagine the bad dialog.

So shit will literally be coming out of his mouth.

Whats kinda really bothering me about this movie so far, is that none of them are wearing their respected autobot/decepticon symbols.

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Aug 27th, 2006 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 03:50 AM
Marko
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you....................MEGATRON!

To me, that is one of THE absolute worst Transformer design I have ever seen. It looks like a DIGIMON, for Goodness sakes! Man. Spielberg and Bay may have already ruined it. But, we can't be that sure for now.

i think it looks ace. i've already seen this pic but forgot to post it. i also saw some v close ups of optimus. i also saw some cars on set that had the decepticon badge on it. it was a police car

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 09:51 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

all these michael bay transformers have weird faces. its hard to distinguish any facial features...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 03:23 PM
Marko
Supreme Member

all these michael bay transformers have weird faces. its hard to distinguish any facial features...

come on. it isn't that hard.

Attachment: megatron.jpg
This has been downloaded 132 time(s).

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 10:23 PM
xNIXSONx

haha thanks for the diagram. i could see his mouth and facial features i guess. but that starscream has a fcked up face and that helicopter guy Incinerator.

however im still looking forward to this movie.

i wanna see what Frenzy looks like, wikipedia lists him as an mp3 player and an allie of Soundwave(who will not be in the movie cuz they agreed they could not get him right)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 12:15 AM
Marko
Supreme Member

haha thanks for the diagram. i could see his mouth and facial features i guess. but that starscream has a fcked up face and that helicopter guy Incinerator.

however im still looking forward to this movie.

i wanna see what Frenzy looks like, wikipedia lists him as an mp3 player and an allie of Soundwave(who will not be in the movie cuz they agreed they could not get him right)

lol no problem. i really like the new look of them. i agree the originals were ace. they had more personality. but this makes them look more threatening and realistic for todays audiences. ok i understand that giants robots in disguise from space isnt believable. but i think it is more believable this way than if they were to have a pretty face.
also i like your new style of sigs. however i prefer your previous one to this

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 10:19 AM
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by cain marko
lol no problem. i really like the new look of them. i agree the originals were ace. they had more personality. but this makes them look more threatening and realistic for todays audiences. ok i understand that giants robots in disguise from space isnt believable. but i think it is more believable this way than if they were to have a pretty face.
also i like your new style of sigs. however i prefer your previous one to this

the originals are great ofcourse yeah. But they were overdue for a new look i guess. I guess i see where Michael Bay and co are coming from, cuz if they used the original look, the transformation would be sort of lazy.

thanks, hmm i just felt like changing my sig but i liked it more than the current one i have heh.

pic below, lazy transformation fanart i think

Attachment: optimus7yq.jpg
This has been downloaded 115 time(s).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 03:15 AM