KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?

How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

If Wolverine is an immortal, what would happen if Wolverine is tied in chains and then cut in half by an adamantium saw... does that mean each half of his body will make a new half?

If that is the case, then there would be 2 Wolverine's running around.

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 06:04 AM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poncho73
Mean Green

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stickman618
what happens when you chop off a limb(say he doesn't have adamantium)?

will it grow back?
or will it turn into a stub?

I have read the entire thread and I have to say that because of respins over the years and as someone mention before, the appeasement of the wolverine fans, they have lost touch with reality in a fictional reality. I think that I can allow for skin, muscle and tissue to regen, but I have to stop at bone. I don't know what makes bones grow with us as we get older, but I do know that you can come back 1000 years later and all the tissue and such are gone...the bone is still there. Loose the bone, loose the regen. I would say stump in that case.

A thought...if the mutant gene is stored in the brain, then all you would have to do to him is take his brain and store it. Take his body and store that. Put the two together say 1000 years later and see if he were to regen then. If the Marvel guys can go WAYYYY to far, so can I. big grin

BTW...I am just old school. What is this A O A that i read in the post?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 05:00 AM
poncho73 is currently offline Click here to Send poncho73 a Private Message Find more posts by poncho73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

actaully his healign fatcor is in his soul and every single cell. Also he can gorw back limb's and has been stated as such. He also has gorwn his head, back and has also grown his claws back before as well.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 07:14 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poncho73
Mean Green

Originally posted by capt it up
actaully his healign fatcor is in his soul and every single cell. Also he can gorw back limb's and has been stated as such. He also has gorwn his head, back and has also grown his claws back before as well.

OK...now I do hope that you see how totally ridiculous that is don't you.
Grow back your HEAD??? confused

And grow back something that isn't grown in the first place??? Claws??? that is the most idiotic thing that I have heard of. I have always had trouble with the explanation of a hero across multiple platforms, because they start trying to one up each other or outright refuse to acknowledge each others additions.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:11 AM
poncho73 is currently offline Click here to Send poncho73 a Private Message Find more posts by poncho73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

he's always had claws

anywayz

what if his body was vaporized and only his head remained, would his body grow back??

what if he was split right down the middle, which half would grow back??

what if only a hand remained, would his entire body grow back from his hand?

(all of course assuming he has no adamantium)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:56 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Immortality
Such a hateful world...

I agree with Poncho, all that sounds ridiculous!
I really doubt Wolverine's an immortal, I don't think he'd be able to regenerate if whole limbs were to be cut off.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:24 PM
Immortality is currently offline Click here to Send Immortality a Private Message Find more posts by Immortality Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MR.Grum
Universal Soul collector

he can grow back from a singal cell in like 6-8 pannels no expression

Grum Rule#1:ALL Grum Rules Apply.

(sig by PiGgLet)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 11:58 PM
MR.Grum is currently offline Click here to Send MR.Grum a Private Message Find more posts by MR.Grum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MR.Grum
Universal Soul collector

Originally posted by Immortality
I agree with Poncho, all that sounds ridiculous!
I really doubt Wolverine's an immortal, I don't think he'd be able to regenerate if whole limbs were to be cut off.
blasphemy!

(sig by PiGgLet)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 11:59 PM
MR.Grum is currently offline Click here to Send MR.Grum a Private Message Find more posts by MR.Grum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poncho73
Mean Green

We know that wolverine was picked primarily because of his healing ability. This allowed the grafting of the metal to his skeleton. I was just thinking of a couple of things as I read the replies. Some may remember an issue of one of the spiderman comics in which Spidey gets pissed at Doc Oct because he hurts the Black Cat. Spidey Rips the arms out of Doc and throws them away. That reminded me of when Magneto levitates Wolverine in the movie. What if Mags just went nuts and ripped the metal out of wolverine sorta like the security guard in part 2.

The other thing that I thought about was video games and RPG board games. The limit to being able to regen is usually directly related to a persons system. If you think about it like HP (health points), as long as a person has HPs, he can regen...when those points get too low, he can't. So if this is the case, the load that was put on Wolvie would have had to make him collapse from exhaustion after the Phoenix' onslaught in the movie.

Oh BTW....the "cancellation kid" would have been the perfect defense against Phoenix. He would only need to get near her and her powers would be nullified. Then just stick her with one of those needles and problem solved.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 03:37 AM
MR.Grum
Universal Soul collector

Originally posted by capt it up
that whole claw thing was when he had bone claws if some one comes and breaks them now there aint no growing back unless he still has his bones under there and even then bone claws suck

(sig by PiGgLet)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 02:55 PM
argesilen

His regeneration abillity can't be in his every cell, it's just stupid, what if for example would left 2 cells, and both of them would form Wolverine in adult form, so there would be 2 W. Well, why not tear wolverione into 1000000 cells so the world would be flooded with superheoes. By the way, that would mean that there are some written evidence in his cell about his age, so it would reproduce old Wolverine not the baby. And also, the brain is organ that controle his regeneration, or at least it should be, because Wolverine is a human, not just an ameboid structure being who can regenerate when he's cut in half....

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:51 PM
argesilen is currently offline Click here to Send argesilen a Private Message Find more posts by argesilen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

if he were immortal, he would be classified as omega-level

like MR.IMMORTAL, right?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 02:49 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

fact logan is immortal ( issue 48)
fact logan regrow his head ( issue 32)

nothign to debate here really

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:51 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

another thing

why were people so confused about whether or not logan had bone claws originally?
he obviously had the necessary muscles to move them, i mean, you can't just put metal there and expect it to move by will

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:52 AM
Grinning Goku

another thing

why were people so confused about whether or not logan had bone claws originally?
he obviously had the necessary muscles to move them, i mean, you can't just put metal there and expect it to move by will

It's Wolverine, anything is possible. big grin

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 04:36 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

another thing

Actually in the beginning....before he's complete origin was told, he didnt have bone claws. Muscle tendons and ligaments were attached to the adamantium claws in his forearms. its shown in the weapons and vehicles handbook. but that info is like 20 years old and guess doesnt apply to nowadays. kind of cheesey.

Its all about story lines that sell the book. Marvel cant keep anything consistant with original marvel handbook facts, like 20 years ago. Everything gets bended around to sell an idea, even its far fetched.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 10:47 PM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by poncho73
That reminded me of when Magneto levitates Wolverine in the movie. What if Mags just went nuts and ripped the metal out of wolverine sorta like the security guard in part 2.

That's already happened.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?...ntiumoutqy9.jpg

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 11:39 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by The Pict
then he'll come back to life wink

Accually, depends on the version. Its already been stated that Ultimate version can be killed via suffacation. Not sure about the 616 version.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 02:29 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by MR.Grum
he can grow back from a singal cell in like 6-8 pannels no expression

I thought he was a god then. But he was burnt to his adamantium skeleton. All melted off. Then he regenerated... blink

PWNT

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 02:35 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

he is immortal in the sense that elves in "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" are immortal

he'll live forever unless he's killed

the question is... how do you kill him??

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 05:59 AM