KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » book 3 of eragon

book 3 of eragon
Started by: Darth Grathius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naruto91
Novelist

I have read Eragon and Eldest and I actually did like them as books. But when you look at the big scheme of things, it might just be kind of coinidental. In the book cover it says, "His (Paloni's) abbiding love of fantasy inspired him," or something like that. Then I think about it and I think he just took the plot line of Star Wars (not literally, but it is apearent), then placed it in a Lord of the Rings world. He kind of even forgot to change his two main character's names... Eragon and Arya.. kinda suspicous.

But all in all, they are good reads and a nice addition to any fantasy collection. And about #3, I hopes he surprises me...

Ichigo means Strawberry, there's not a name more manly than that...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 11:24 PM
Naruto91 is currently offline Click here to Send Naruto91 a Private Message Find more posts by Naruto91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Lol. Did you know what you just said? If I publish my own book right now that sucks, during the year the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows" would come out, would it become famous? Your statements make no sense. If your not impressed, then you shouldn't come to threads talking about the Inheritance Trilogy. If it's popular, that means alot of people read it. And if alot of people read it, that means people like it.

Use your logic.

You didn't understand me. Eragon and LOTR were basically the same type of stuff..swords..elves...darves and what not. I said they were popular because The Return of the King came out the same year, making the book big. Because of the LOTR craze it became popular.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:27 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naruto91
Novelist

I agree, it was popular and that was a reason, similar things have happened all the time...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:34 PM
Naruto91 is currently offline Click here to Send Naruto91 a Private Message Find more posts by Naruto91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by Naruto91
I agree, it was popular and that was a reason, similar things have happened all the time...

w00t *high fives Naruto*

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:36 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naruto91
Novelist

Don't mention it.

Now back on topic. Anyone think the cover may be anything other than Green? Or has it been officially announced?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:46 PM
SkinWalker

Don't mention it.

Now back on topic. Anyone think the cover may be anything other than Green? Or has it been officially announced?

It's been Officially announced.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:37 AM
Naruto91
Novelist

Okay, thanks for that.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 10:40 PM
SkinWalker

Okay, thanks for that.

No problem. *walks off in a cool loner kind of way into sunset while undeniably catchy music plays* *credits roll*

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 10:44 PM
Naruto91
Novelist

*Walks in opposite direction, unceremoniously walking into a tree...*

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 10:50 PM
SkinWalker

*Walks in opposite direction, unceremoniously walking into a tree...*

XD *walks over to Naruto and smashes head in*

jk.

Okay, back on topic.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 01:52 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

O_o I still don't get it.

Probably only 1 person out of every 100 I meet in the street have actually read atleast one of the LoTR books. LoTR became ALOT more famous just because of the kick a$$ movies. Same thing with Harry Potter, after the movie came out, Harry Potter's popularity went insane.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 12:51 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by Spidervlad
O_o I still don't get it.

Probably only 1 person out of every 100 I meet in the street have actually read atleast one of the LoTR books. LoTR became ALOT more famous just because of the kick a$$ movies. Same thing with Harry Potter, after the movie came out, Harry Potter's popularity went insane.

True with Harry Potter, but not with LOTR, they were immensly popular a few years after publication. They were one of the beginners of fantasty. Basically, the highest fantasy there is.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 02:12 AM
SkinWalker

I just watched Eragon the movie today. Of course, I had viewed it once in theaters and it was ok. I rated it two 1/2 stars which, on my scale, is half a star above bad. Though this time, I just couldn't stand it. When Eragon yelled, "LET'S FINISH THIS!" I pleaded to god that it would be in the next 30 seconds.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 01:45 AM
poppop

Eragon 3

It last egg will hatch for roran because a a human and he killed urgals and the twins. The dragon will be green.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 12:26 AM
poppop is currently offline Click here to Send poppop a Private Message Find more posts by poppop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by poppop
It last egg will hatch for roran because a a human and he killed urgals and the twins. The dragon will be green.

Let me revise this for people.

The last egg will hatch for Roran because he is a human and he killed some urgals and the twins. The dragon will be green.

That is only an assumption and we all know that the dragon will be green.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 01:04 AM
pinkfloydkor

the planned release is for summer 08, not 07 sorry

and shortly before eldest came out, e said in an interveiw that he was "leaning toward" empire for the title, but did not confirm

(possible book cover)

http://media.shurtugal.com/bookcovers/thumbs/book3.jpg

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 11:51 PM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

didnt Paolini confirm it was the green dragon?

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 10:17 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mud_blood_princ

Im done with the series, the movie ruined it 4 me.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 06:26 PM
mud_blood_princ is currently offline Click here to Send mud_blood_princ a Private Message Find more posts by mud_blood_princ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rue_Meridian

Smile

The 3 book in the trilogy will be green with a green dragon. paolini said so himself. he has not released a title and some ppl are saying that the book will come out at the beginning of the 2008 year

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 10:14 PM
Rue_Meridian is currently offline Click here to Send Rue_Meridian a Private Message Find more posts by Rue_Meridian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by masterkit
You didn't understand me. Eragon and LOTR were basically the same type of stuff..swords..elves...darves and what not. I said they were popular because The Return of the King came out the same year, making the book big. Because of the LOTR craze it became popular.

Of course, the difference is that The Lord Of The Rings will still be regarded as a classic tale many years from now, irregardless of the the craze which surrounded the film-adaptations - really something quite sad when one considers the fact that so many people will never know the depths of Tolkien's fantasy because they'll have only seen the films - and Eragon (et al.) will likely only be remembered as Paolini's stepping-stones - I do believe he will be an excellent author one day. wink

I've read the books - they were good enough. Still, I've always felt that Paolini borrowed far too much from other fantasy writers, including Tolkien - not that other writers (including Tolkien) haven't borrowed or adapted ideas or themes.

For instance, take a look at that damned map and try to point out at least three place-names that aren't actual plaigarisms or directly derived from Tolkien's Elvish roots, (e.g., Melian; Ardwen; Eldor; Sílthrim; etc.).

All that aside, I'll buy the third book when it comes out....I'd say that it's a good enough series for an introduction to fantasy; after that, I'd suggest many others beside.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 09:28 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote