KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ant-Man, The Movie

Ant-Man, The Movie
Started by: PlasticMan411

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

sad

Michael Douglas?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:33 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Damn I was REALLY liking the idea of Rudd as Pym. Douglas playing him must mean Marvel really does not want Pym as an avenger.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:22 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I guess they had to slip-up and pull a Warner Brothers at some point.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:30 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yep WB are in good company now.

I wonder if they could at least have Douglas in Avengers 2 aiding in the creation of Ultron. Surely they wouldn't need to wait for the Ant-Man movie for that to happen.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Douglas is a GOOD actor, but as Pym? Horrible idea.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:58 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bats2jm

Michael Douglas Hank Pym might be The Villain http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01...t-man-hank-pym/

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 01:52 AM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Douglas playing him must mean Marvel really does not want Pym as an avenger.
thumb up

It made me so very happy to read this update on my phone earlier today. HATE PYM! Always have always will think he's an unworthy full of himself wife beating hero wannabe Avenger. Desperate for others approval as well as confirmation of his own inflated delusional self image. So much so that's his goal and reasoning for wanting to do go and be a hero rather than for being heroic or doing good itself. It's exactly why in my opinion he'll never be the very things he strives to believing himself to be.

Having been written that way has made him an unique, more human complex character which I love and don't believe there's nearly enough of in well known mainstream comics but its also why he'd never be allowed into a huge block buster superhero movie. At least not written true to his own darker more complicated history. However without that he's just not an interesting character and why he's never taken off in popularity as the other Avengers did in my opinion.

As for the news Pym will be old past Antman I say eek! awesome!
Maybe he can still become the creator of Ultron too and we can avoid the idea of passing that burden off on Tony and villainizing Jarvis that I hated hearing rumors about. eek!

This is excellent news in my day. I knew Joss should still be trusted. I had moments of doubt but I never lost hope and I could be wrong but I think he's going to astonish once again. wink

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 09:05 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I want to see what some of the Pym fans around here, (Pym-ftw, PR) think about this news.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 07:53 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 05:50 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

So Rudd is in it

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 11:29 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah he's playing Scott Lang

going for a Old Ant-Man & new Ant-Man story it seems.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2014 02:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I guess that's not bad news. I don't know this will work. Even though it's Ant-man I still imagine a movie about him to be some what of a physical action movie. It's Micheal Douglas though so having him in a movie can't hurt. It's still Ant-man though but having Micheal Douglas in it certainly peeks my interest a bit if not just to see how it works

Old Post Jan 16th, 2014 12:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Evangeline Lilly as Wasp? I would like that.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/2...studios-ant-man

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Feb 6th, 2014 01:46 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I want to see what some of the Pym fans around here, (Pym-ftw, PR) think about this news.
Douglas is a true A lister, I'm personally okay with it. I have more of a problem with Pym not creating Ultron, this isn't a Fox movie where the canon is closer to toilet paper than a script, this is Disney and the movies have a way of changing comic storylines. Also
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Evangeline Lilly as Wasp? I would like that.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/2...studios-ant-man
also this, I wonder if they will go with the rumored LangxJan relationship or if she is regulated to just flashbacks, we know everyone wants her in avengers 3 so Idk either way its failed to me.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 15th, 2014 03:48 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I'm hoping Patrick Wilson plays a young Pym who (somehow) makes it to current times to join the avengers :P

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 04:11 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I think if they do that, he gets the code name Yellow Jacket. I heard all they want for avengers 3 is Wasp though so who knows how they will shoe horn her in...

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 12:42 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Evangeline Lilly has been confirmed now & HOUSE OF CARDS Star Corey Stoll in talks

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=96705

people thinking Egghead for Corey in the comments.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 06:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

It's possible but if I had to guess he will be Klaw to tease a future BP movie

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 06:10 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I wonder with Avengers AI cancelled if Marvel will do a Pym solo comic, I can't imagine Marvel putting out a movie for a character that isn't featured in any books. In other news it looks like the involvement of Robert Redford really didn't affect Cap 2's bottom line, which is making me nervous for this movie being Marvel's first flop.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 05:20 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by pym-ftw
, which is making me nervous for this movie being Marvel's first flop.

People seem to think Guardians will be their first flop

guess will have to wait and see.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 05:23 AM