KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs. Martian Manhunter

Magneto vs. Martian Manhunter
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
His healing factor would be given one hell of a work out if his body was pulled apart. smile

Not really.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 12:27 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Accel
He healed completely form just a pile of goo before in moments. Ripping him apart won't be any thing he can't handle.

Meh, I suppose. However, he could still screw with J'onn's electrical impulse's in his brain.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 12:33 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Accel
He healed completely form just a pile of goo before in moments. Ripping him apart won't be any thing he can't handle.

Not if Mags makes all his blood rush out of his brains through his nose until he passes out. Or better force throw him into the sun using his high iron blood as the anchor.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 04:59 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
What If...

And during all this MM isn't going to be fighting back.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 05:56 AM
What If... is currently offline Click here to Send What If... a Private Message Find more posts by What If... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

J'onn SPEEDBLITZ's Magento, game over.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 01:23 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Soleran
J'onn SPEEDBLITZ's Magento, game over.

J'onn doesn't speedblitz.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:42 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

mm i like magnus but mm would beat him in a long hard fight.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:57 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

J'onn doesn't speedblitz.

It's within his abilities to take Magneto out before Magento could harm him, so he CAN do it, he wins.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:20 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

It's within his abilities to take Magneto out before Magento could harm him, so he CAN do it, he wins.

He doesn't speedblitz.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:21 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

He doesn't speedblitz.

He is capable of it therefore in the forum he could use that power against Magneto for the win.

Don't like it? To bad he can do it, it's within his powerset.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:23 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

He is capable of it therefore in the forum he could use that power against Magneto for the win.

Don't like it? To bad he can do it, it's within his powerset.

Okay.... he CAN'T. That better? He's no Superman or Flash.

He doesn't have the ability to take out Magneto before Magneto simply summons a shield. From there, it's just a matter of:

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?...rpolarissb4.jpg

Magneto ftw.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:26 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Lol, J'onn does have superspeed so your point is moot about what Magneto could do becuase he would be incapacitated.

If you take away speed Magneto has a chance.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:29 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Lol, J'onn does have superspeed so your point is moot about what Magneto could do becuase he would be incapacitated.

If you take away speed Magneto has a chance.

Right, and speed doesn't mean J'onn wins this. His reflexes are not up to par with Superman and Flash. YOUR point is moot.

Magneto caught a speedblitzing Northstar out of the sky with little trouble. He's gone mach 100 in Earth's atmosphere. He's taken punches from Hercules and Namor w/o too much trouble.

All he has to do here is put up a shield. Nothing too difficult. From there, he pulls J'onn's blood out.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:31 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Right, and speed doesn't mean J'onn wins this. His reflexes are not up to par with Superman and Flash. YOUR point is moot.

I am not even sure what your point is by trying to compare J'onn speed to flash and superman, this is Magneto! Magneto doesn't have superhuman reaction speed so it doesn't matter. Once again DC speed for the win over Marvel.

By the way Northstar has NOTHING on MM, combine speed plus MM's strength or phase attack and Magneto is DEAD if he wants it.

quote:
All he has to do here is put up a shield. Nothing too difficult. From there, he pulls J'onn's blood out.

Magneto's reactions aren't going to cut the mustard against J'onn, game over.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:35 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I am not even sure what your point is by trying to compare J'onn speed to flash and superman, this is Magneto! Magneto doesn't have superhuman reaction speed so it doesn't matter. Once again DC speed for the win over Marvel.

Actually, he does. And all he has to do is put a shield up. J'onn isn't going to 'speedblitz' him because quite literally he CAN'T. His battle/combat speeds have never been put into the speedblitzing category. The only time I've ever seen him come close to a speedblitz, he was half way around the world from his target, and had to pick up a shit load of momentum before he could reach them. Hell, they even had their backs turned. I don't think Magneto's going to let J'onn do all that. Even if he did, Magneto would be waiting for him with his shield up. ALL Magneto has to do is a simple gesture. J'onn isn't killing him before Magneto flicks his wrist. That's just not going to happen.

By the way Northstar has NOTHING on MM, combine speed plus MM's strength or phase attack and Magneto is DEAD if he wants it.

You're right.... Northstar is MUCH MUCH faster than J'onn is. 99% the speed of light anyone? In Earth's atmosphere, J'onn AT BEST goes a couple times mach speed. And that's his travel speed.... I'm not even talking about his combat speed. So, you essentially have NO point.

How do you cut mustard? confused

stick out tongue

Anyway, you're putting way too much time/effort/faith in a speedblitz when the person you're talking about can't even do so in a combat situation which is what we're dealing with.

If you were talking about Superman, then I'd agree with you.

As it is, all Magneto has to do is put his shield up, and pull his blood out.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:46 PM
mighty adam

batdude is right it will not be easy cuz magneto is a beast very underrated on here but i do see mm winning but it won't be easy.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:47 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

well dam now i think about it mm can't use tp on mags dam oh well i don't see mm wining. magneto 8/10.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:50 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by mighty adam
batdude is right it will not be easy cuz magneto is a beast very underrated on here but i do see mm winning but it won't be easy.

Magneto is hardly underrated

When you can show me Magneto fighting a speedster with zero prep and surviving when they are as strong as MM we can talk since you cannot then oh well. Not to mention all MM needs to do is heat vision Magneto, he doesn't even need to move. This fight is to funny, MM has to many ways to overcome Magneto's HUMAN limitationssmile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 08:24 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Magneto is hardly underrated

When you can show me Magneto fighting a speedster with zero prep and surviving when they are as strong as MM we can talk since you cannot then oh well. Not to mention all MM needs to do is heat vision Magneto, he doesn't even need to move. This fight is to funny, MM has to many ways to overcome Magneto's HUMAN limitationssmile

Magneto is hardly human. He's taken shots from Hercules, Namor, and Colossus w/o any damage at all. confused He's caught a speedblitzing Northstar.

The funny thing is.... MM can't even speedblitz. So there goes one of his ways to win.

I agree w/ the heat vision part. That's certainly a viable tactic. However, w/ shields up...

BOOM!!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?...rpolarissb4.jpg

Blood pull. smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 08:33 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

In JLA: Earth 2, J'onn was going at Mach 12.

In Rock of Ages, J'onn was matching Superman Blue at Mach 20.

So he could definitely speedblitz.

Also J'onn's Martian physiology enables him to change his organic systems to anything he desires. He can even shrink to microspopic size and alter his physiology to breath water. I wouldn't put it past him alter his physiology to the point where the "blood pull" would be nulliefied. He has complete psychic control over his physiology. I also wouldn't say that pulling the blood out his system would entirely work. He can just make more blood similar to the way he remakes a limb or two.

Also intangibility could nullify Mag's iron blood pull technique...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 08:42 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote