KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine Vs Sabertooth

Wolverine Vs Sabertooth
Started by: Ricodrayz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
I have other allies.
(please log in to view the image)
eek! laughing

dam you but every one knows PIP>>>>>thor

but of course deer>>>>PIP>>>>>thor

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 04:33 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

if I post a pic of my spidey boxers can we all just hug and make up here..?
confused

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 04:34 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by jinzin
if I post a pic of my spidey boxers can we all just hug and make up here..?
confused

hmmmm interesting...............fine I will agree only if we see these so called spidey boxers because as you all know they give spidersense which makes you untouchable

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 04:35 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

laughing love

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 05:48 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Are these the same senses that are better than Spider-Man and Daredevil combined? The senses where Logan can hear, see and smell people from miles but are trumped by good old H2O? blink Seems it's more of Creed's skills than fooling Logan's senses.
God you are a retard. Pointing out how much of a dumbass you are tires me out more than wrestling practice used to.

1) WTF, who said Wolverine's senses were better than both Spidey and DD? Sure as shit wasn't me. I have only ever said that Wolverine's sense of smell was better than DD's was you great doofus.

2) Yeah one of the easiest ways to make an animal lose your scent is to take to water. How the hell do you not know that???

3)It's Creed knowing the limitations of a sense of smell and taking advantage of them and ambushing someone from BEHIND.
Is this the same healing factor that instantly heals Logan from anything but a nuke? You all can't have it both ways. You can't say that explosions and class 100 punches won't effect Logan but then say he lost because of previously healed wounds from earlier fights.
Your stupidity knows no boundaries. I love re-explaining shit to you over and over.

1) This was early Wolverine HF which was SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than current (I heal from skeleton) HF.

2) I can have it both ways because his HF has gotten exponentially stronger as time goes on you bafoon.

3) Wolverine didn't lose the Morlock tunnel fight dumbass. He entered that fight with his original HF which was much weaker than today's HF, he had just gone through a fight with the other Marauders (injuring himself further, and he is STATED to be very weak because of the fight he had just had with Deathstrike. Read a comic moron, instead od commenting on shit you are obviously ignorant of.
The fact is that Logan still was helped.
No, he was not helped. In Power Pack # 27 Wolverine isn't even fighting Sabretooth.
And in the other comic Power Pack jumped Sabretooth without Wolverine asking them to or needing them to. It's also not in continuity so it's not open to debate.
Ah, now Logan didn't know how to fight yet.
It is stated in the comic you ass. Wolverine admits he was a fighter that won using brawling tactics. "I fought with no real skill back in those days." At this point Wolverine probably had less fighting SKILL than Sabretooth. Today it is the opposite. Wolverine has an advantage over Creed in fighting skill.
The fact that Creed was getting the better of Logan shows who was winning.
Having an advantage in a fight does not mean you have it won. Lots of people have had advantages against Wolverine. That in no way means he was beaten in those fights. Wolverine is constantly portrayed as the underdog. He takes a beating and then gets pissed and wipes his ass with chumps like Thing.
Is a Wolverine fan actually complaining about another character getting upgrades?
Why wouldn't I? Sabretooth has had upgrades. Weapon X gave him upgrades. Wolverine has never been upgraded save for adamantium. His only upgrades are a healing factor that gets progressively stronger. Wolverine didn't know Creed had been upgraded and was obviously suprised at the changes, which is why Creed gained the advantage.
All Creed did was tear out Logan's spine but he healed instantly. Hm, it seems you were calling foul earlier in your post about Logan being "in very bad shape for that fight" and "he is still hurting from his fight with Deathstrike". Sounds a bit contradictory to me?
What the hell are you babbling about? Wolverine had just fought Deathstrike back during Uncanny # 212-213 and was weak and still stalemated Creed. In Wolverine # 50 he hasn't just got done fighting anyone. Creed ripped his spine out and Logan heals instantly. WTF are you on? Those 2 fights have nothing in common.
Fair playing field?! Logan's senses, speed and agility should keep anybody from ambushing him. Creed playing smart does not take away from his success against Logan.
Deeeeeeeeer, Creed has Logan's enhanced senses and he is faster and more agile. Having the senses he knows how to exploit them (losing his scent by hiding in the water/attacking from downwind) and because he is that fast he is good at attacking Logan from behind before he knows what's going on (which he does most of their fights.) If a UFC match starts off with one guy railing some unsuspecting dude in the back of the head while he's talking to his manager before the fight that is obviously one guy taking unfair advantage of another.
It seems to me Logan is saying "You beat me and left me for dead time and time again".
How is that any different from all the times Logan has beaten Creed and left him for dead? It's not.
Hardly proof Capt. Logan saying something and seeming confident about his statement won't convince many.
Then why didn't Creed do something about it when Wolverine blatantly challenged him? Creed doesn't give a shit if he gets banned from a strip club. He backed down because he obviously didn't think he'd beat him.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:19 AM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

wolverine fas beaten creed quite a few times
Yes he has. Many times he beats Creed far quicker and much worse than Creed beats him.
but rarely in straight up fights, and rarely on panal.
Wolverine rarely ever has any advantage over Creed in fights. Usually it is either a straight up fight or Creed ambushes him. And You are the one saying Creed has all the off panel victories, so why would you change your story to Wolverine usually wins of panel? Their fight records are basically EVEN.
it's ammusing that you want to argue in favor or wolverine being hurt or injured before a fight but neglect when sabretooth is,

Please deny that Wolverine was hurt during the Massacre fights. PLEASE! You know (or at least you really should) that Wolverine was VERY weak during those fights. Rogue and Colossus make a point of saying in # 211 that "there's something very wrong with Wolverine. He has recovered from worse injuries far quicker than he is now." Badly injured and still healing as he was he then went up against the marauders where he was impaled by harpoon, and then beat Creed and then stalemated him after that in a very long fight. Injured Wolverine proved equal to a healthy Sabretooth. There have been very few occassions I can remember that Sabretooth was ever injured before a fight with Wolverine and non of them were ever nearly as bad as what Wolverine was dealing with. Wolverine has been in terrible shape 3 times in his life:

1) After Deathstrike.
2) After the Reavers.
3) After skeleton rip.
in their first fight, wolverine may not have had much skill... but honestly did sabretooth? maybe a bit, but their team x training hadn't even started yet. and forget skill.. at least logan had a damned healing factor.
Sabretooth would have had more experience than Wolverine at that time, he was faster, stronger, he had claws, and he did have a healing factor. Wolverine # 10 was written by Chris Claremont in 1989. In Uncanny # 213 ( written 3 years earlier in 1986 also by Claremont) Claremont gave Creed a retcon healing factor. So Creed would have had it in that fight. Claremont wouldn't have botched continuity again. That is rediculous.
which is ammusing yet again that you brought up shadow society as proof, which is yet another pre-marauder's instance.. another instance of sabretooth without a respectable healing factor.

Oh stop BSing me. That comic was written in the 1990's and by then Sabretooth had a respectable healing factor no matter when the story takes place. Unless you think the writer would purposely draw attention to the fact that Sabretooth's power/continuity is messed up. You think they retconned a retcon for one issue simply because it took place before the Power Man/Spidey crap?!? Again that is rediculous. Really seems like you're grasping at straws.
and I need to re-read issue 10? no my friend.. i believe that would be you that needs to.. sabretooth NOT ONCE uses his claws in that fight.. not one..single.. time....
Ah hem,

On page 6 of the story Sabretooth slashes at Wolverine's chest. In the present Wolverine grabs his chest (right where Creed hit him) and mentions that the memory hurts worse than the original wounds. I sincerely doubt Creed used the tips of his fingers to create a wound on Wolverine's chest that he'd remember 50 years later. Creed obviously has claws in that fight and his open hand flail at Wolverine's chest caused a bad wound. A wound that could have only been made if he'd used claws. The fact that it's not a very detailed picture means nothing.
As for wolverine 145, yes you are actually right about most of those points, I didn't remember the issue clearly, but upon further review they did continue fighting after the standoff, still the "win" for wolverine remains incredibly ambiguous, wolverine doesn't look to be ducking creed's strike he looks like he's taking it,
There is no sound effect, blood splatter, or any physically noticeable contact in the "whiff" swing from Creed. I see no reason why you would think he hit him.
unexplainably drove his claws into the ground... ? what the hell was that?
Only 3 thoughts come to mind.

1) Creed was swinging down from a height at crouching Logan and when he dodged Creed's claws sunk into the floor.

2) The "floor panel" takes place after Wolverine impales Creed and he grabs the floor in an attempt to keep Wolverine from lifting him above his head.

3) You are grasping at straws in an attempt to take a legitimate curbstomp victory away from Logan.
In any event creed lost to three factors in that fight that logan doesn't have guaranteed going for him in this one. creed was overconfident, creed nonsensically drove his claws into the ground, and creed was taking his admantium skeleton for granted.

1) Creed's overconfidence is never apparant or given as a reason for his loss.
2) Creed drove his claws into the ground either because he whiffed a downward strike or because he was trying to keep from behing lifted and evicerated.
3) Creed never took the skeleton for granted. Wolverine merely pointed out the obvious fact that a metal skeleton does not cover your intestines. Creed should know this. Wolverine never came across as invulnerable in their past fights when he had the metal. You make Creed sound like a moron, which you obviously know isn't true. Wolverine merely went for one of the few strikes that wouldn't get his claws broken from hitting an adamantium bone.
[QUOTE=8402803]Originally posted by jinzin
[B]In regards to the morlock tunnels, I'm pretty sure power pack attacked sabretooth, so I consider that helping. In regards to the fight, I'm not sure what you're talking about,
Wolverine was not even there when Power Pack fought Sabretooth so how the hell could they be helping him? I just read the comic again. They pin him under a collapsed cieling for a moment and run away in fear while he shakes his fist at them in anger. Wolverine runs past them later looking all messed up (from his fight with the other marauders) and then you hear Sabretooth roar and someone screams. (probably when he grabbed the Morlock healer) Wolverine runs off in the direction of the scream. No helping.
sabretooth seemed to defnitely have the upper hand there, hell he even admits that in spite of being able to have killed him in his primary strike he wanted to have some fun first,
Yeah, only problem his primary strike was a CHEAP SHOT. If Wolverine was the one hiding he could have easily done the same. Wolverine then uses his head to incapacitate Creed.
wolverine 90: it isn't alluded to that wolverine's holding anything back during the fight, except his claws.
Wolverine not using his claws against Creed is not doing his best to put him down and thus in my mind is obviously holding back. He seemed to be fighting to contain, not fighting to win. Not using claws = holding back. Considering Creed's strength and speed advantages and the fact that he was using his claws Wolverine was fighting evenly with Creed under handicap until he got punched in the balls. After that he is still obviously holding back as he refuses to use his claws on Creed again and stands there, letting Creed slash him without defending himself. That is certaily a whole lot stranger than your whole (Creed's claws hit the ground?) argument. Wolverine didn't get serious until Creed started threatening people. Then we saw how quickly the tables turned.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:22 AM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

and since we're so concerned with previous pains i guess it makes no never mind that sabretooth put himself through that force feild barrier TWICE that night huh?
Other than singed and smoking hair Creed did not seem to be in much pain at all. He broke through a forcefield built to stop a charging elephant, not kill a charging elephant. He even says it felt almost as good as the glow. And the glow wasn't exactly a painful thing. It cured him of his homicidal urges, it didn't hurt him.
or the fact that even though sabretooth did get labotomized it was LITERALLY while he was ASKING logan to do it...?

Wolverine could have popped the claw through his head whenever he wanted. Again he was holding back. Instead of hitting Creed again after he smashed his head into the wall he sits there and argues with him instead. That fight ended when Wolverine launched Creed into the wall. Wolverine never hit him after that (even though he had a huge opening) and Creed never tried to get away or fight back because either he was too hurt to or he knew Wolverine wan't going to hit him again.
wolverine 126: the only upgrade he had was his skeleton. And he completely worked logan, like a child... pretty much proves that the adamantium gives logan a huge advantage in their previous fights.
No Creed's healing factor was also obviously boosted. When Wolverine had the metal (which weakened his HF) he still had a stronger HF than an uninhibited Creed. So obviously Wolverine's healing power is stronger in general at baseline. Then Wolverine (who's HF had just increased) took on adamantium Creed and his HF was faster than increased uninhibited Wolverine's HF. Creed unaugmented with adamantium should have had an even weaker HF than original metal wolvy, but instead his HF was faster than Wolverine's true (no metal compensation)healing rate. This is impossible unless he was augmented. It's not stated, but it's obvious it was pumped up.
wolverine 166: you act like wolverine was the only one who was previously fighting in that issue.. except for the fact that creed just finished handing maverick his ass to him, and had taken huge amounts of punishment through that fight...
Creed was getting shot at by one gun. Wolverine was getting shot at by a small army of guys with guns. Wolverine was taking more damage. Maverick aint all that either. He admitted back in the day that he stood no chance against Wolverine in a fair fight. Same should hold true for Creed, especially a boosted and adamantium Creed. Wolverine is also recovering from adamantium poisoning, and Mauvais' attack in prison. Missing eye as well. Creed was in better shape. He had dealt with less.
wolverine saying "i don't know if I can take him, and the kicker is, he knows it too"..
So Creed knew that Wolverine wasn't sure if he could win??? What the hell does that prove? Mentally they are still unsure of who will win.
wolverine being lifted helplessly into the air, and having his back kracked along creed's leg...

How is that any different than Wolverine impaling Creed up above his head and then slamming him into the ground in rapid succession earlier in the fight?
trippled with the fact that wolverine got his ass SAVED by shiver man, kinda alludes to the fact that he was losing that fight.. badly.
Shiver Man took over the fight. Nowhere does it say, "Man he just saved my ass." Wolverine was getting hit yes, but he was not beaten. Wolverine had to help Beast who was injured. Apparantly saving an injured friend from the clutches of Weapon X was more important than figuring out who really would have won.
In "that same time period" you refer too. all we ever see is wolveirne take off sabretooth's ear.. that's it.. everything else happens off panal,
Wolverine delivered the last blow we saw and Sabretooth is all bandaged up later. I personally think the fight was interupted by Havok exploding with Wolverine in the advantage, but it still portrayed Wolverine easily hanging with post Weapon X powerup/metal Creed. Creed may have momentary advantages in # 126 and #166, but it's due to suprise upgrades both times. When Wolverine is ready for what Creed has he seems to be able to beat him. He just has to adjust to Creed's new upgrades.
on both occasions
We know Creed was done the second time. He ripped him to pieces. Yes Creed was still healing from Northstar's attack, but as powerful as Creed's HF was at this point he was probably not hurting very badly. Getting ripped so badly your pieces cant even be seen lying around is a horrible ass-kicking, far worse and more brutal than any beating Creed's ever given Wolverine.
If off panal wins count then
Yeah, but I can prove Wolverine won above off panel fight because the results of theat fight are stated on panel. All of W and S yearly off panel fights have no info, no winner, and no details.

and again issue 50: wolverine's clearly losing the fight, sabretooth again has his ass dead to rights the only reason wolverine's on his feet as you put it is because creed literally lets him go.[/B][/QUOTE]How is Wolverine losing the fight? He is beating the crab out of Creed. Fight ends in a double KO anyway.
all that said,
sabretooth:
classic vs. wolverine: wolverine.
By a landslide.
obviously if yer talking no HF. Does not include post 1986 flashback fights.
murauders vs. wolverine: toss up.
No way. Wolverine takes this. Just look at the fights:

1) skill/smarts victory via cieling collapse. Creed helpless. (Wolvy weak)
2) stalemating and Creed runs. (Wolvy weak)
3) powerless and still gets a one shot victory.
4) one shot victory again.
5) then there are a lot of stalemates that always get interupted.
x-force vs. wolverine: slight edge to sabretooth.
Never fought in this era to my knowledge. This is still Marauder Creed to me. He's no different. No deabting points. Still Wolverine.
Adamntium vs. wolverine: large edge to sabes.

Only via suprise in initial fight. Rematch was stomp victory for Logan. Even or slight edge still to Wolverine because of skill.
weapon x vs. wolverine: sabes by a landslide.

Slight edge to Creed only in initial fight due to upgrades. Once Wolverine is healthy and aware of upgrades he gets hard earned stalemate.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:22 AM
Badabing
Karen

Sorry to break this up but I had a question with Wolverine #50. Were those true memories he was having?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 02:23 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

i'm not even getting Lion-o

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 05:09 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Sabretooth.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:19 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

though rice was kinda and ass whole about it he is right about the issue 90. Logan held back the whole fight till sabertooth pissed him off.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 06:44 PM
riceroost

It's been stated in multiple X-men books that sabretooth beat wolverine every single time they met til wolverine joined the x-men.

sabretooth left logan for dead in their first fight.
Actually now Wolverine is stated as having been the victor of the very first fight between the two. The fight in Canada was revenge for an earlier defeat Sabretooth took from Wolverine in Japan many years before:

Old Post May 1st, 2007 12:59 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by riceroost
Actually now Wolverine is stated as having been the victor of the very first fight between the two. The fight in Canada was revenge for an earlier defeat Sabretooth took from Wolverine in Japan many years before:

huray for retcons...
well considering I'm a wolverine fan you're not telling me anything I didn't already know...

good thing sabretooth didn't have a blade.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah i know.. he probably wouldn't know how to use it anyway.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:02 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jinzin, Roost or Cap...you guys wouldn't happen to have any scans of Wolverine punking Storm ...would you? Thanks

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:06 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

punking? no.. the best I got is wolverine clawing his way through everything storm can muster in her hurricane winds before she finally decides to give up and see what happens..

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:09 AM
-K-M-

huray for retcons...

Did they retcon Sabertooth having adamintium in #52? I'm still confused on that. confused

I was under the impression he still had it.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:11 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Did they retcon Sabertooth having adamintium in #52? I'm still confused on that. confused

I was under the impression he still had it.

my guess is that during HOM when wanda was switching up powers and histories and whatnot that while the histories weren't canon the power switches stuck...
this is why wolverine's brain isn't healed over like it was before.. I mean unless he can "unheal" then he shouldn't be able to remember squat but he does...

the only other explanation is that the "CHILDREN" took it out of creed and that partially explains his fear of them and why his healing factor was reduced by 90% when he found sancuary at the x-mansion..

but those are only theories.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:17 AM
-K-M-

my guess is that during HOM when wanda was switching up powers and histories and whatnot that while the histories weren't canon the power switches stuck...
this is why wolverine's brain isn't healed over like it was before.. I mean unless he can "unheal" then he shouldn't be able to remember squat but he does...

the only other explanation is that the "CHILDREN" took it out of creed and that partially explains his fear of them and why his healing factor was reduced by 90% when he found sancuary at the x-mansion..

but those are only theories.

Yeah I mentioned in a few other threads that House of M retcon may have been possible considering the Black Panther and Sabertooth fight.

Indeed since it was his healing factor that was responsible for his memory losss.

Very well could have, I like the explanation. Hopefully we get some insight soon.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:20 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

seriously.. i hate when marvel just.. forgets about their own continuity..

does creed have admantium? does he not?
it's like it changes every year without reason..

same thing with silver samurai.. he was supposed to be dead and all the sudden he shows up in origins and endings? WTF? What the f**k?

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:22 AM
YFZ 350

I don't know if this has been dealt with yet. But in their first fight it was stated that Creed was faster and stronger of the two. Stronger I can see but faster?

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post May 1st, 2007 03:00 AM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote