KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

tenebrous, aegis and the celestials
Started by: guy222

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stupid Rookie

Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

quote: (post)
Originally posted by supervenom
Question: Galactus has beaten the Celestials, correct? Has he beaten Exitar (I think thats his name, the main Celestial).

The leader of the Celestials is generally considered to be "The One Above All" I think Exitar is like the terminator of the Celestials, who elliminates planets and such. I don't think that G ever faced him. I could be wrong. If they fought it would seem one would be gone.

I am sure that Galan knows for sure.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:47 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

Question: Galactus has beaten the Celestials, correct? Has he beaten Exitar (I think thats his name, the main Celestial).
In Earth X I think it was, Galactus (as Franklyn Richards) put the beatdown on a group of Celestials. I don't think Exitar was part of that group.

But in the mainstream or 616 universe Galactus is considered to be roughly on par with the more powerful Celestials.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I'd say both Aegis and Tenebrous are on par with Galactus. So each of them is roughly the level of a powerful Celestial...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:49 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom
There is only..SUPERVENOM

Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
The leader of the Celestials is generally considered to be "The One Above All" I think Exitar is like the terminator of the Celestials, who elliminates planets and such. I don't think that G ever faced him. I could be wrong. If they fought it would seem one would be gone.

I am sure that Galan knows for sure.

Originally posted by Galan007
In Earth X I think it was, Galactus (as Franklyn Richards) put the beatdown on a group of Celestials. I don't think Exitar was part of that group.

But in the mainstream or 616 universe Galactus is considered to be roughly on par with the more powerful Celestials.

So Galactus had Franklyn Richards in his body, like Onslaught did? If thats the case, that means that he wouldn't have been able to defeat the Celestials, correct?

In 616, have the Celestials and Galactus ever met? I find it hard to believe that they havent.

Picture drawn by Richard Watts, the Heavy Metal Ninja
http://www.chrysander.com/

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:04 PM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

So Galactus had Franklyn Richards in his body, like Onslaught did? If thats the case, that means that he wouldn't have been able to defeat the Celestials, correct?
On Earth X Franklyn became the new Galactus, and he DID defeat some Celestials.

In 616, have the Celestials and Galactus ever met? I find it hard to believe that they havent.
If they have met, I don't think they battled.

To my knowledge, the only beings to ever physically beat a more powerful Celestial(s) are:

Pre-Retcon Beyonder
Earth X Galactus
Thanos /w/ THOTU

I'm not as savy as some are with cosmics, (they dont interest me that much) but I hope I'm answering some of your questions. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 14th, 2006 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

On Earth X Franklyn became the new Galactus, and he DID defeat some Celestials.

Is there somewhere I can read about that, as I don't want to take your time. I have no clue how Franklyn could become a "new Galactus". Was he even a mutant in that one?

quote:
If they have met, I don't think they battled.

To my knowledge, the only beings to ever physically beat a more powerful Celestial(s) are:

Pre-Retcon Beyonder
Earth X Galactus
Thanos /w/ THOTU

Thanos FTW! Glad to see that he's the only one in 616 to do it. Thanos is da man!

quote:
I'm not as savy as some are with cosmics, (they dont interest me that much) but I hope I'm answering some of your questions. smile

Your knowledge far encompasses my own so I am learning. I appreciate it and you have answered many.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:16 PM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

Is there somewhere I can read about that, as I don't want to take your time. I have no clue how Franklyn could become a "new Galactus". Was he even a mutant in that one?

Thanos FTW! Glad to see that he's the only one in 616 to do it. Thanos is da man!

Your knowledge far encompasses my own so I am learning. I appreciate it and you have answered many.

Galactus and the Celestials have definitly met several times. Infinity Gauntlet for example I believe they were all at the conference together.

When Thanos had the HOTU he destroyed a Celestial and Galactus was amazed, saying something like "He actually destoyed a Celestial"

If you go to the Galactus Respect Thread (It might be the Glactus and his Heralds respect thread) the scans are in there. (For the Franklyn stuff)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:20 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

I cant remember, its been a long time since I read that arch.

Thanos only was able to do that with THOTU, and pre-retcon Beyonder beat an entire planet of Celestials like nothing at all.

I try, but like I said, cosmics aren't my favorite. Thats why I'm not 100% sure on some things.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

Galactus and the Celestials have definitly met several times. Infinity Gauntlet for example I believe they were all at the conference together.
Yeah they met, but I don't think they have ever battled in the 616 universe have they?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:24 PM
supervenom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

When Thanos had the HOTU he destroyed a Celestial and Galactus was amazed, saying something like "He actually destoyed a Celestial"

If you go to the Galactus Respect Thread (It might be the Glactus and his Heralds respect thread) the scans are in there. (For the Franklyn stuff)

I cant remember, its been a long time since I read that arch.

Thanos only was able to do that with THOTU, and pre-retcon Beyonder beat an entire planet of Celestials like nothing at all.

I try, but like I said, cosmics aren't my favorite. Thats why I'm not 100% sure on some things.

Thanks a lot guys. I know that he used the THOTU, but I like Thanos like that. IG, THOTU, etc. it's all the same...Thanos Reigns! Wonder what kind of wonders that Pixie of his can do. Never seen any of her feats yet, but its quite cute.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:24 PM
Stupid Rookie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

Yeah they met, but I don't think they have ever battled in the 616 universe have they?

Not that I have seen. It would be cool though.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

Not that I have seen. It would be cool though.
It would be very cool!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:27 PM
supervenom

Who do you guys think would win?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:29 PM
Stupid Rookie

Who do you guys think would win?

People will always debate the "Full Powered Glactus" who in theory equals Eternity. At this level, he wins. He has never actually been this strong though, I think he is only supposed to gain this level towards the end of the universe (not sure about that)

Anyway, at Full Power he can take them all (Since he in essence becomes Eternity) but at his normal state I think he can take most of them one on one, but the whole race takes him down. There are too many and they are all very powerful

Also, I couldn't find the Franklyn as G scans, but Mr. Master's thread is good for getting to know the higher level beings.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t425758.html

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:37 PM
guy222
With my gal

Thank u for the proof, friends. I believe in an out of continuity story, Galactus encountered the Celestials. He has never faced the gigantic Exitar the Exterminator or Arishem the Judge. Some may say Galactus is more powerful, nah. Galactus is equal to one of the Celestials, but not even can he withstand a combined Celestial assault. I welcome lots of debate of this one. Even the ridiculous looking Hunger embarassed Big G

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:42 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

in response to Stupid Rookie, i agree

and we will never see a full powered galactus
it said when the universe ends, he will become a celestial

they have met, never fought

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:48 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by guy222
it said when the universe ends, he will become a celestial
That dosent make any sense.

1st of all, I'd like to see where that was ever stated.

and 2nd, when Galan's original universe ended, he became.......well..........Galactus, not a Celestial. confused

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:53 PM
Stupid Rookie

That dosent make any sense.

1st of all, I'd like to see where that was ever stated.

and 2nd, when Galan's original universe ended, he became.......well..........Galactus, not a Celestial. confused

Yeah I am not sure what he was saying.

If the universe ends, and G becomes a Celestial, then doesn't he just die?

I had always kinda interpreted it as G would become Eternity in the next universe, but I have no proof to back that up, just a hunch.

Anyway, we will never see it anyway.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:05 PM
supervenom

Yeah I am not sure what he was saying.

If the universe ends, and G becomes a Celestial, then doesn't he just die?

I had always kinda interpreted it as G would become Eternity in the next universe, but I have no proof to back that up, just a hunch.

Anyway, we will never see it anyway.

What would happen to the current Eternity in the next Universe if Galactus becomes it?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:06 PM
Stupid Rookie

What would happen to the current Eternity in the next Universe if Galactus becomes it?

I kinda just assumed he would die, but once again this is just person opinion with no factual basis.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:51 PM