KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » tenebrous, aegis and the celestials

tenebrous, aegis and the celestials
Started by: guy222

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by supervenom
What would happen to the current Eternity in the next Universe if Galactus becomes it?
I doubt Galactus could ever become Eternity for the simple fact that he is one of the essential elements of the universe, without him the universe would collapse.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

In response to Galan007 and Stupid Rookie, i believe there was mention of that in a FF Annual. Also in Thor #300, even Odin wondered if Galactus was a Celestial.

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:25 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

Originally posted by Galan007
I doubt Galactus could ever become Eternity for the simple fact that he is one of the essential elements of the universe, without him the universe would collapse.

I mean that he would be Eternity of the next Universe. Sorry

Like he is there for the birth of the new Universe (as he was last time) only this time he becomes the Eternity of the new one.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:38 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Stupid Rookie

Like he is there for the birth of the new Universe (as he was last time) only this time he becomes the Eternity of the new one.
Ohhh ok, that would be an awesome story.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

Ohhh ok, that would be an awesome story.

Yeah I think it would be fitting, it could be his giving back more than he ever took justification.

PS like the new sig

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:43 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah I think it would be fitting, it could be his giving back more than he ever took justification.
Well he said himself, that was his ultimate destiny, so it could make sense.

PS like the new sig
Muchos Gracias, Insane Genis needed some love. big grin

amity does great work

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:46 PM
supervenom
There is only..SUPERVENOM

I understood that, but my question is, what happens to Eternity in this universe in the NEXT universe.

Also, is this something you thought of (based on the response from Galan) or is this cannon?

Picture drawn by Richard Watts, the Heavy Metal Ninja
http://www.chrysander.com/

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 08:44 PM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

for some reason, i remember hearing a theory that the celestials are galactus' from previous/alternate universes. is there any substance to this, or was somebody just cloud-talking?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 11:31 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom

Originally posted by manorastroman
for some reason, i remember hearing a theory that the celestials are galactus' from previous/alternate universes. is there any substance to this, or was somebody just cloud-talking?

From what I learned here, they were created from Eternity as sons, daughters, etc.. The scans are somewhere in this thread as well.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:08 AM
supervenom is currently offline Click here to Send supervenom a Private Message Find more posts by supervenom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

I was aways under the impression that when this universe dies, Galactus would release all the energies he had gained form consuming worlds to create the next universe...

from wikipiedia....
"although alternative information suggests that he will create a whole new universe at the end of this one, a universe which will be immeasurably greater than the total of the planets he has devoured; thus giving back far more than he has ever taken."

I don't know how true that is.. according to the citation it's form super villian classic 1.

In Earth X, Franklin Richards, having reached his evolutionary peak and gained the ability to transform into anything, assumed the form of Galactus, as Galactus himself had been transformed into a star

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 03:09 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supervenom

Originally posted by tjcoady

In Earth X, Franklin Richards, having reached his evolutionary peak and gained the ability to transform into anything, assumed the form of Galactus, as Galactus himself had been transformed into a star

Ah thanks for that then. So that wasnt really Galactus' power, all Franklyn.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 12:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No.

The Celestials were created by Eternity through intense meditation. Whoever told you that was on crack.

These scans will explain everything:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/...98801014xb7.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/...98801015yl1.jpg

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:45 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by supervenom
Ah thanks for that then. So that wasnt really Galactus' power, all Franklyn.
Franklyn used his power to become Galactus.... So it was Galactus' power....... in a matter of speaking lol.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:51 AM
manorastroman

grammatically, i don't think eternity's saying anything about creating celestials. it seems like the "manifestation" is seperate from the celestials, as they were both subjects in the same sentence. it might be that he was meditating on "contuinity", and the celestials are simply the means.

but who knows.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:41 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

grammatically, i don't think eternity's saying anything about creating celestials. it seems like the "manifestation" is seperate from the celestials, as they were both subjects in the same sentence.

but who knows.
Eternity clearly says that he meditated on a certain subject, and through that meditation came the Celestials.

That sounds very clear to me.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:43 AM
manorastroman

perhaps it makes more sense in context of the whole issue. i'm just pointing out that grammatically, it's very far from clear. eternity says that from his mediation on continuity, the manifestation appeared. then there's a dash break, and he talks of celestials from the nebulous spheres. how is that clearly stating eternity created the celestials?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:47 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

perhaps it makes more sense in context of the whole issue. i'm just pointing out that grammatically, it's very far from clear.
hmmm, well ok. Who am I to tell you that your oppinion is wrong? Everyone's oppinion differs, but all should be respected.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:50 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

it seems like the "manifestation" is seperate from the celestials, as they were both subjects in the same sentence. it might be that he was meditating on "contuinity", and the celestials are simply the means.

but who knows.
Eternity created this manifestation by meditating, and through the manifestation came the Celestials.

This means Eternity was ultimatley responsible for the birth of the Celestials.

Don't read into it so much, that often makes things more complicated then they need to be.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:54 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I kinda just assumed he would die, but once again this is just person opinion with no factual basis.

How can Eternity die? The very name means..without end. If Eternity passes away at the end of the universe...then he is not eternal..and the name is inappropriate.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 03:33 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

hmmm, well ok. Who am I to tell you that your oppinion is wrong? Everyone's oppinion differs, but all should be respected.

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post May 1st, 2007 04:48 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote