KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?

What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?
Started by: illadelph12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
One of those stealth survellaince fighters. Or, how about he splits into 5 different smaller forms who transform - and call them ravage, buzzsaw, laserbeak, rumble, and either slugfest or overkill - and they gather information; they they all combine together to make soundwave. It would be a homage to how he kept them all inside his chest before, like they were one unit.

That would be nice. I like this idea and my Satellite idea. The solar wings of the satellit could come off and beam to earth as cassette tape shape decepticons. His chest could send a laser beam from space to do one hit kills or something.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 12:05 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Those are good ideas. I could see a satellite.

Only problem with that would be how would he be able to engage in combat? Would he just be comm and ops?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 08:12 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NPC

Roughrider hit on my idea, have all the cassette forms just transform together into soundwave. An he would just let one or 2 at any given time detach off of him to go for recon, stealth, ect.
Or even have them all split apart in the middle of combat to slip out of a hold then reform back into soundwave in favorable position.
But there shouldnt be any cassettes or cassette player forms as cassettes are out dated as someone pointed out to me, LOL. It was cool seeing that one transforming into a boom box in the movie. Nice little nod to soundwave
I always like soundwave the most from the cartoon, his voice is what made the character. They gotta have him in the next movie

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 05:32 AM
NPC is currently offline Click here to Send NPC a Private Message Find more posts by NPC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by illadelph12
Those are good ideas. I could see a satellite.

Only problem with that would be how would he be able to engage in combat? Would he just be comm and ops?

Pretty much, Soundwave was always the comm and ops kinda bot.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:51 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soundwave was always able to fight, he just stayed in robot mode and either used weaponry or sound...waves. That said, if he was a satellite he could just fire...beams?

Soundwave is iconic because of what he was, that cool tape deck, and that's out of date now. If it's just gonna be Soundwave by name, they may as well not use him.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 11:55 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Soundwave was always able to fight, he just stayed in robot mode and either used weaponry or sound...waves. That said, if he was a satellite he could just fire...beams?

Soundwave is iconic because of what he was, that cool tape deck, and that's out of date now. If it's just gonna be Soundwave by name, they may as well not use him.

-AC

exactly, and the hardcore fanbase hated and was offended by Bay for this...slapping the name Sounwave and other characters on anything that bears little to no resemblence to the character at all, yet here we are talking about Soundwave being a satellite or spy plane? if its just for the sake of having a character named Soundwave thats radically different from what he was, its not worth it...cuz he will be different...ex// Starscream, Megatron...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:31 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually thought the only problem with Starscream was that he didn't get any time really, which is bad for such a character KNOWN for his character. He's not known as just being "The one who turns into a jet.", otherwise they could have had any of the seekers, he's known for being the sneaky second in command, that's what made him who he was, but there wasn't any of that.

There probably will be though, as he survived.

Michael Bay is good at making big budget movies about over-the-top things, filled with explosions, so honestly...who better to direct Transformers? Michel Gondry?

It's not a G1 movie, it's a G1 INSPIRED movie. I just went to see Transformers, not G1 Transformers.

They can't continue that with many sequels though, there needs to be more Transformers action.

-AC

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:19 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

I actually thought the only problem with Starscream was that he didn't get any time really, which is bad for such a character KNOWN for his character. He's not known as just being "The one who turns into a jet.", otherwise they could have had any of the seekers, he's known for being the sneaky second in command, that's what made him who he was, but there wasn't any of that.

There probably will be though, as he survived.

Michael Bay is good at making big budget movies about over-the-top things, filled with explosions, so honestly...who better to direct Transformers? Michel Gondry?

It's not a G1 movie, it's a G1 INSPIRED movie. I just went to see Transformers, not G1 Transformers.

They can't continue that with many sequels though, there needs to be more Transformers action.

-AC

-AC

i have no problems with the movie myself im just trying to speak for the hardcore fans. The Optimus Flames, the starscream bird legs thing...i thought starscream was kind of sneaky when he was perched on a few buildings away while megatron tried to get the allspark from Shia. Im just saying, i wanna see characters done properly, Blackout had a lot of names slapped to that him, like Soundwave, Vortex, Incinerator, even early production called him Devastator.

Like portraying characters somewhat close to what they were based on...but it is their personalities that make them who they are

Last edited by xNIXSONx on Jul 25th, 2007 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:34 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i have no problems with the movie myself im just trying to speak for the hardcore fans. The Optimus Flames, the starscream bird legs thing...i thought starscream was kind of sneaky when he was perched on a few buildings away while megatron tried to get the allspark from Shia. Im just saying, i wanna see characters done properly, Blackout had a lot of names slapped to that him, like Soundwave, Vortex, Incinerator, even early production called him Devastator.

Like portraying characters somewhat close to what they were based on...but it is their personalities that make them who they are

In all honesty, if Optimus Prime having flames is that big a problem to people, then it's ridiculous. So what? He looked amazing. If you have a problem with the movie, you should have a problem with every other TF series that ISN'T G1. Optimus Prime had flames on his truck, big deal. Beast Wars made him a gorilla called Optimus Primal, that's a sight worse.

Transformers is a franchise with many continuities and variations. It's not all meant to be G1.

People don't want to see characters done "properly", in that case. They want characters done exactly like their G1 counterparts with absolutely no deviation, and it's ridiculous.

As an aside, Vortex would have actually been a great name for Blackout, considering Vortex was a Combaticon who had an alt mode that looked remarkably similar to Blackout's, the helicopter.

Originally I heard that they called the tank, Brawl. He certainly looks like Brawl from the cartoons/comics, but they called him Devestator, which was a bit odd, but nothing that bothered me too much.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 08:26 PM
darthmaul1

I though the movie was done quite well, a guy I play poker with was very disapointed that Megatron was not a cannon / gun?? this work OK for the cartoon, but when you think about it it's a pretty usless thing to change into as another decepticon has to be there to help u.
Now as for sound wave i was thinking he could be an f117 stealth bomer, apache helicopter of even better the sr-71 blackbird(for running recon missions) and when he transforms into robot he could have all the smaller robots that he as on him as maybe missles?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 09:41 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

In all honesty, if Optimus Prime having flames is that big a problem to people, then it's ridiculous. So what? He looked amazing. If you have a problem with the movie, you should have a problem with every other TF series that ISN'T G1. Optimus Prime had flames on his truck, big deal. Beast Wars made him a gorilla called Optimus Primal, that's a sight worse.

Transformers is a franchise with many continuities and variations. It's not all meant to be G1.

People don't want to see characters done "properly", in that case. They want characters done exactly like their G1 counterparts with absolutely no deviation, and it's ridiculous.

As an aside, Vortex would have actually been a great name for Blackout, considering Vortex was a Combaticon who had an alt mode that looked remarkably similar to Blackout's, the helicopter.

Originally I heard that they called the tank, Brawl. He certainly looks like Brawl from the cartoons/comics, but they called him Devestator, which was a bit odd, but nothing that bothered me too much.

-AC

i have no problem with the movie, i love michael bay's TFs movie. flames or no flames, doesnt matter to me at all. im just trying to be the devil's advocate and say like, do we really want to have Soundwave for the sake of just having him? people love him because he was a boombox, well atleast thats why i liked him.

But i guess itll be like the Spider-man 2 movie, not bad at all, but Doc Ock's personality was completely different from the original source. he was originally really evil, and in sp2 he is a genuine guy, a mentor figure to peter parker, turned evil by a.i. tentacles for a dramatic effect...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 10:47 PM
Scythe
The Goat

-AC

Having said that, they'll probably update him into of all thing, an iPhone or even an iPod. That would suck.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:52 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Re: What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?

Originally posted by illadelph12
I read an article that Soundwave was originally written into the script but due to Michael Bay wanting to keep the scale and physics as realistic as possible he opted to not have Soundwave's character in the first film, instead having Frenzy, Soundwave's tape bot, in the film as a CD boombox. This thread is to brainstorm ideas of what would be an acceptable alternate form for both Soundwave and Blaster to take in order for them to appear in the future films (if Bay doesn't allow for cartoon/comic physics to be used in the live action adaptation and have a tapedeck become 30 feet tall).

If you could pick a form for Soundwave or Blaster in the next film, what would it be?

Well............... since Bay broke his own rule with a size/mass-shifting allspark,
I'd say have Soundwave as a Tape Cassette deck-like MP-3 player that turns into a 35ft robot, and maybe Blaster could be a red/yellow and grey boombox that turns into a 35ft robot also. smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:49 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

None.

He's iconic because of what he was, it wouldn't be the same if he was changed. Prowl can be any model of police car as long as he's a police car, Soundwave can't be an iPod.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 01:29 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Not an IPod, that WOULD suck. But a boombox/tape deck (just like he was) but just updated to be able to play modern formats too. That'd do me.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 02:18 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

And Prowl turning up as a clapped out early-nineties Yugo converted to police use wouldn't amuse me much..... wink

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 02:31 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Re: What form should they use for live action Soundwave/Blaster?

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well............... since Bay broke his own rule with a size/mass-shifting allspark,
I'd say have Soundwave as a Tape Cassette deck-like MP-3 player that turns into a 35ft robot, and maybe Blaster could be a red/yellow and grey boombox that turns into a 35ft robot also. smile

I suppose because it was the Allspark it could do that. It's just a conduit for raw energy, not a functioning living form.

Whoever said it was good Megatron didn't turn into the Walther handgun like before, made a good call. How come we never thought about it? He's useless in that mode unless someone pulls his trigger. Never occured to me growing up.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 09:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was thinking today how obvious a solution it would have been to use some of the Alternators, but I guess they still look too human-esque.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 10:05 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'd be happy if Soundwave was a communications truck of some kind as long as he had The Voice and they tried to do some kind of cassette-like chest thing. Which even as I type sounds nigh impossible to do without it being corny.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 10:20 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'd be happy if Soundwave was a communications truck of some kind as long as he had The Voice and they tried to do some kind of cassette-like chest thing. Which even as I type sounds nigh impossible to do without it being corny.

yeah but the other fans wouldnt be happy unless Soundwave is Soundwave and that is a tape deck/boombox, afterall, their complaints, and death threats to michael bay are we got Optimus Prime to look more similar to his g1 look, early concept design of Optimus looks NOTHING like optimus at all.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 02:58 AM