KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Twilight Series

Twilight Series
Started by: .Dance_Inside.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
busyreader

Was discussing this on bookarmy recently, it was the monthly debate on there....is it a good thing that everyone is reading the same "trashy" novels, rather that than stabbing each other eh? Or is it lowering the standards of children?

For me it's a little bit of both, highly dependent on the reader - some should be aiming higher, for some twilight is absolutely perfect!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:57 AM
busyreader is currently offline Click here to Send busyreader a Private Message Find more posts by busyreader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i find it ABSOLUTELY perfect, but i like the series
the only "trashy" thing about it would probably be in Breaking Dawn when Bella and Edward were doin it on the island
what lowers the standards of children is the crappy tv shows Nicelodeon and disney keep shitting out every month

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 01:07 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

hehe,

Attachment: bell a swan.jpg
This has been downloaded 120 time(s).

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 09:47 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geass

My brother read the first 116 pages out of Twilight(He always try's to read at least 100 pages before deciding to give up on it)He gave up on it.He said that it didn't have enough fighting in it.I'll read it once the Vampires start acting like the Vampire from Blade.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 09:19 PM
Geass is currently offline Click here to Send Geass a Private Message Find more posts by Geass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trogdor 64
Dave! Yognaut

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate these books

Old Post May 18th, 2009 01:30 AM
Trogdor 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Trogdor 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Trogdor 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geass

Awful book,awful Author.Stephen king is right,She can't write worth a damn.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 10:28 PM
Geass is currently offline Click here to Send Geass a Private Message Find more posts by Geass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_goku#1
Codac lord of underverse

i honestly loved the series...thats hard to admit

the idea was so stupid and girlie but god was it done so well!! i fished the whole series in less than a week like four and a half days

the charecters a;ll revolved around each other so well it was just good. she is not the best author yet but she is new and just starting.

and she has done a marvelous job frankly. ppl love twilight so she cant be that bad of an author. steven king is not that great his ides get repative and old and most of his books are just one you decide you really dont feel like reading right now. he can write really well. but that doesnt mean the stories are all good. the mist yummy love it! dark tower quite good the shining... alright not too bad...the secret window...wait am i reading te shining?? thats how it is for me

thanks moviegeek
Jana lovevince,chris,coldfire

Old Post May 24th, 2009 04:02 AM
black_goku#1 is currently offline Click here to Send black_goku#1 a Private Message Find more posts by black_goku#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geass
Awful book,awful Author.Stephen king is right,She can't write worth a damn.

Stephen King is most definitely right.
awful book. awful movie too. awful everything. could probably be fixed with a major revamp (pun not intended >>.) , like fixing the vampires to actually be vulnerable, make bella less annoying, etc.

no offense to fans.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 07:03 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I believe that Twilight is the worst thing to ever happen to literature since Harry Potter.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 11:37 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Geass
My brother read the first 116 pages out of Twilight(He always try's to read at least 100 pages before deciding to give up on it)He gave up on it.He said that it didn't have enough fighting in it.I'll read it once the Vampires start acting like the Vampire from Blade.
...not enough fighting, that's weird.

What does he read? Novelizations of Michael Bay movies?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 08:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geass

(please log in to view the image)

I just had to bump this.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 06:54 PM
Prince Nauj
Bebop

ever since the emo girls and some cough boys made these books super famous im over them. plus breaking dawn was horrible.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 01:48 AM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i still like to read the books once in a while but im not ga ga for it like the wannabes who only began to like it after the godaweful movie came out

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 04:09 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

I feel the same way about twilight and harry potter as books as I do about transformers and gi Joe as movies. It signifies a break down in society. And about Stephen King, did he really trash twilight? He's my favorite author, due to The Dark Tower, and I thought my respect for him couldn't go up any more. Apparently I was wrong.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 08:40 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by rader
I feel the same way about twilight and harry potter as books as I do about transformers and gi Joe as movies. It signifies a break down in society. And about Stephen King, did he really trash twilight? He's my favorite author, due to The Dark Tower, and I thought my respect for him couldn't go up any more. Apparently I was wrong.

He didn't trash it. He gave this:

“Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people… The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.”

While Stephen may not be a fan of Stephenie’s writing, he understands the appeal of the series.

“People are attracted by the stories, by the pace, and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it’s very clear that she’s writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It’s exciting and it’s thrilling and it’s not particularly threatening because it’s not overtly sexual.”

He further explains, “A lot of the physical side of it is conveyed in things like, the vampire will touch her forearm or run a hand over skin, and she just flushes all hot and cold. And for girls, that’s a shorthand for all the feelings that they’re not ready to deal with yet.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29001524/

I don't see trashing.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 02:31 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Twilight is quite possibly the worst piece of literature I have ever had the misfortune of reading.

I have read fanfics better written then Twilight.

srsly

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 03:12 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Twilight is quite possibly the worst piece of literature I have ever had the misfortune of reading.

I have read fanfics better written then Twilight.

srsly

agreed.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 08:30 PM
coolmovies

Do the movies do justice to the books or they miss stuff out like HP ?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 09:01 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

the movies don't do justice to the books (not that, in my opinion, there is anything to do justice to). the actors act like cardboard, the cinematography's meh, there isn't any chemistry, etc....

imo.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 09:55 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
the movies don't do justice to the books (not that, in my opinion, there is anything to do justice to). the actors act like cardboard, the cinematography's meh, there isn't any chemistry, etc....

imo.
And that's different in the book?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:09 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote