KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Twilight Series

Twilight Series
Started by: .Dance_Inside.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
And that's different in the book?

come to think of it, they were spot on...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:21 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

at least in the books, you can imagine emotions on the characters faces instead of having to stare at the unmoving features the actors have
plus you can imagine Edward as being hot and Jacob looking a lot less annoying

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 12:09 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is so much wrong with this book.

Like, how is Edward aloud to drive a car? What does his driver's license say? Age: 119?

What does Forks even look like? Stephanie, I mean, Bella only describes it as boring and typical.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 10:19 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by lord xyz
There is so much wrong with this book.

Like, how is Edward aloud to drive a car? What does his driver's license say? Age: 119?

What does Forks even look like? Stephanie, I mean, Bella only describes it as boring and typical.

Well, you can drive without a driver's licence, they might just risk it. Or they get fake ones...who knows.

What I find weirder is that they still go to high school. Who in their right mind would do that. Spend a hundred years of your live going to high school...hearing the same thing over and over again. Here's an idea, next time you move to a new place.....pretend you are 18...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 10:39 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
at least in the books, you can imagine emotions on the characters faces instead of having to stare at the unmoving features the actors have
plus you can imagine Edward as being hot and Jacob looking a lot less annoying

read it. sorry, dearie, but I'm not fond of the description. >.< It's so cardbourd cut-out-ish and I don't find Edward attractive. >.< glitter's supposed to be only on artwork, sorry.

and Jacob's actors on parodies are way hotter. heh.

high school sucks. wth wrong with these old people. >>

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 12:59 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i found this article talking about Twilight's writing style
it's pretty funny
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/...sc=fb&cc=fp

as a writer, i have to admit that what Meyer came up with was possibly a good idea when she wrote it down, or as i recall, she dreamt it up, but when it came time to print, she failed on such an epic level to deliver a well written product

im thinking of re-reading these again to remind myself cause its been nearly a year and half since i last read them

Old Post May 14th, 2010 01:22 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittle

Sparkles?!
For real?
Hahah.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 03:29 PM
Skittle is currently offline Click here to Send Skittle a Private Message Find more posts by Skittle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
What I find weirder is that they still go to high school. Who in their right mind would do that. Spend a hundred years of your live going to high school...hearing the same thing over and over again. Here's an idea, next time you move to a new place.....pretend you are 18...

Prolly laws and suspicions.

Some places require "check-ins" n'stuff if you homeschool.

Also, Carlisle is trying to keep as much suspicion off of them as possible: if they integrate, they will be considered normal. If they don't, they will be considered introverted and that will cause people to get curious. They don't need curious.

They can say they are 18, sure...but they would create suspicion by staying at home when they should be in college.

However, it comes down to 2 things: integrate and cast off suspicion or not integrate and say they are lazy 18 and 19 year olds.

Which one creates the easier to use backdrop for a romantic encounter for seeming highschool students?

Exactly.

I would prefer that latter, myself, as a "discovery" adventure on Bella's part would be much better than being forced to sit next to him on the first day. maybe...she got bored and started wondering about and stumbled about the vamps and almost dies, second chapter, beacuse Edward wantd her goodies? Sounds like a better story, to me.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 03:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

I think twilight was well written

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:16 AM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Clone
I think twilight was well written

Plot? Sure. Prose? Not a chance.

Old Post May 28th, 2010 12:39 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

Well i like her style of writing

Old Post May 28th, 2010 01:18 AM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alyssa Abyss

Agreed.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 09:17 PM
Alyssa Abyss is currently offline Click here to Send Alyssa Abyss a Private Message Find more posts by Alyssa Abyss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote