KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Scorpion

Respect Scorpion
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

Scorp should have been the main character instead of Liu

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 03:45 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be awesome

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 03:46 AM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by brainchild81

Yeah...

Or yet, they should make a game specifically for Scorpion, like they did for Subzero (a.k.a. MK Mythologies, except Scorpion's game would be more enjoyable and stuff).

After all, he is Ed Boon's favorite character, so I could see that kind of game happening if he wanted it to.

Originally posted by Furion
That would be awesome

Indeed.

-----

Edit: On a side note, I hope they don't end up making making a female version of Scorpion like they did for Subzero (Frost). That would be kinda weird, not to mention it would take away from Scorpion's uniqueness.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 05:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah...

Or yet, they should make a game specifically for Scorpion, like they did for Subzero (a.k.a. MK Mythologies, except Scorpion's game would be more enjoyable and stuff).

After all, he is Ed Boon's favorite character, so I could see that kind of game happening if he wanted it to.

Indeed.

-----

Edit: On a side note, I hope they don't end up making making a female version of Scorpion like they did for Subzero (Frost). That would be kinda weird, not to mention it would take away from Scorpion's uniqueness.

They already did. Tanya.
Scorpion chasing Quan Chi through the Nether Realm to fighting Onaga. Shweet

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 09:03 PM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

They already did. Tanya.

Err... Tanya's not a female version of Scorpion, because she doesn't have that spear move (or a slightly altered version of it), and she's not an undead spectre either.

Subzero and Frost on the other hand are both Lin Kuei and both have the ability to freeze in some way, which was why I said Frost was a female version of him, and I'm glad Scorpion doesn't have a female counterpart. stick out tongue Not to sound sexist or anything, but like I said, a female version of Scorpion would kinda take away from his uniqueness.
In the games, I mean. There is a female version of Scorpion in the MK TV series...

But that's non-canon, thankfully.

Scorpion chasing Quan Chi through the Nether Realm to fighting Onaga. Shweet

Indeed. cool

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 30th, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tanya LOOKS like Scorpion. Has a move like Scorpion. She based of Scorpion.
That's why she must die.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:20 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Tanya LOOKS like Scorpion.

Not really (aside from the yellow costume)...

Has a move like Scorpion.

What? The fireball?
I guess I forgot about that...

She based of Scorpion.

Not really. She wasn't originally killed by Subzero or anyone from the Lin Kuei, and her family/clan wasn't murdered by Quan Chi.

That's why she must die.

That, and she's a traitor to her people (Edenia).

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:15 PM
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her white eyes
That spear move
her looks

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:23 PM
Bro SMASH

I don't think so. Liu Kang fits perfectly as the main character. However, I do believe that Scorpion should have been the main character in Deadly Alliance or Deception.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 12:50 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by SmashBro
I don't think so. Liu Kang fits perfectly as the main character. However, I do believe that Scorpion should have been the main character in Deadly Alliance or Deception.
Nah. Liu is a by-the-books main character. He puts the "L" in "Lame". "Let's just have some generic asian be the hero again." He's so much less interesting than almost everybody else in the series. Him getting killed was one of the best moments in MK history. I started to respect MK again. Him coming back was the worst. I'ma go find that cool vid w/him getting what he deserves. Scorpion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler, waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting, & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memorable than Liu.

Last edited by I-Drop on Dec 31st, 2007 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 02:13 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Her white eyes
That spear move
her looks

Oh, yeah. I forgot about the white eyes.

Tanya doesn't have a spear move though. She does however, have an altered version of Scorpion's backflip kick.

However, I do believe that Scorpion should have been the main character in Deadly Alliance or Deception.

Yeah...

Shujinko and Taven took that thunder away from him stick out tongue sad (there wasn't really a main hero in Deadly Alliance though).

Nah. Liu is a by-the-books main character. He puts the "L" in "Lame". "Let's just have some generic asian be the hero again."

So Liu Kang has now become Liu Lame? stick out tongue If ya ask me, that's kinda taking it a little too far. >.>

He's so much less interesting than almost everybody else in the series.

Meh...
To be honest, I kinda think that now too erm (though not to the same extreme as brainchild).

Him getting killed was one of the best moments in MK history.

For Shang Tsung anyway. stick out tongue For everyone else, his death was rather tragic, and even more tragic when Dark Raiden used unholy magic to revive Liu as a zombie to wreck havic on everyone (before Liu regained his consciousness).

Him coming back was the worst.

Err, not really. It was bound to happen anyway though...

I may not hate Liu like you do, but I do think he's a bit overrated. erm

I'ma go find that cool vid w/him getting what he deserves.

What vid?

Scorpion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler, waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting, & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memorable than Liu.

So true, especially on that last part.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 03:10 AM
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shang breaking his neck, or Shinnok making Liu explode.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 03:28 AM
Bro SMASH

Nah. Liu is a by-the-books main character. He puts the "L" in "Lame". "Let's just have some generic asian be the hero again." He's so much less interesting than almost everybody else in the series. Him getting killed was one of the best moments in MK history. I started to respect MK again. Him coming back was the worst. I'ma go find that cool vid w/him getting what he deserves. Scorpion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler, waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting, & waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more memorable than Liu.

Liu Kang is one of my favorite MK characters. He's definitely not generic. Mortal Kombat wouldn't be the same without him and he is just as memorable as Scorpion. Liu Kang's a classic for sho'.

Shujinko and Taven took that thunder away from him stick out tongue sad (there wasn't really a main hero in Deadly Alliance though).

I honestly thought that Scorpion was the main character when I first played it. It would have been cool though.

Actually, I think he's a bit underrated.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Dec 31st, 2007 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 04:18 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I honestly thought that Scorpion was the main character when I first played it. It would have been cool though.

So did I, at first.

And yeah. It would've been cool, but instead, he just became a victim of Moloch and Drahmin erm (in Scorpion's MK: DA ending). That was disappointing.

Actually, I think he's a bit underrated.

Well, I guess it kinda goes both ways for Liu, depending on the person's point of view. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 04:26 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

So Liu Kang has now become Liu Lame? stick out tongue If ya ask me, that's kinda taking it a little too far. >.>

Meh...
To be honest, I kinda think that now too erm (though not to the same extreme as brainchild).

For Shang Tsung anyway. stick out tongue For everyone else, his death was rather tragic, and even more tragic when Dark Raiden used unholy magic to revive Liu as a zombie to wreck havic on everyone (before Liu regained his consciousness).

Err, not really. It was bound to happen anyway though...

What vid?

So true, especially on that last part.
This one. Click on "Watch this movie" then when it loads, click on the lower left "?". Him getting killed was an awesome vid too. Very high shock value. I never thought they'd kill him off. laughing out loud @ "Liu Lame". Gonna use that one.
Liu Kang is one of my favorite MK characters. He's definitely not generic. Mortal Kombat wouldn't be the same without him and he is just as memorable as Scorpion.
Nah. Seriously, Scorpion's got perhaps the most famous catch phrase in MK history. Kang........not so much.

Last edited by I-Drop on Dec 31st, 2007 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This one. Click on "Watch this movie" then when it loads, click on the lower left "?". Him getting killed was an awesome vid too. Very high shock value.

lol Indeed. Sindel and Smoke owned him. laughing out loud

laughing out loud @ "Liu Lame". Gonna use that one.

Heh. stick out tongue

Nah. Seriously, Scorpion's got perhaps the most famous catch phrase in MK history. Kang........not so much.

Indeed...

The flying side kick, fireballs, bicycle kick, etc...
None of those come close to the awesomeness of Scorpion's spear move.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 06:26 AM
Bro SMASH

Of course the catchphrase is famous but still, you can't deny the fact that Liu Kang has a use fanbase. You know how unique his Bruce Lee sounds are. They even refer to it as "turkey calls". :smile:

Plus, the bicycle kick is a popular move too.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:51 PM
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but thanks to Drahmin and Moloch, Sc0rPi0n g0tz Ub3rz sk11lz!!!!11!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 07:08 PM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Scorp needs his own game...Sub had one.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 10:59 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Of course the catchphrase is famous but still, you can't deny the fact that Liu Kang has a use fanbase. You know how unique his Bruce Lee sounds are. They even refer to it as "turkey calls". :smile:

Plus, the bicycle kick is a popular move too.

Yep. Gotta love how he owned Reptile in the movie with it.

And Liu only resembles Bruce Lee in MK1.

Yeah but thanks to Drahmin and Moloch, Sc0rPi0n g0tz Ub3rz sk11lz!!!!11!

Yeah. I guess they caused that indirectly.

Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Scorp needs his own game...Sub had one.

Yeah. That's what I was pointing out earlier. stick out tongue

If Subzero could have uber moves in MK Mythologies like the Polar Blast, just imagine what kind of uber moves Scorpion would have in his own game. eek!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 11:50 PM