KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect

Mass Effect
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
This game looks beyond awesome. God I need a 360.

aside from the facial mapping. I think assasins creed actually looks better. Which is dissapointing, because the game was supposed to have groundbreaking graphics. It is just what NEXT GEN always should have been to me. Call of duty, ghost recon 2, halo, heavenyl sword and assasins creed are all on par and in some ways beyond the graphical offerings in mass effect

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Nov 21st, 2007 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 04:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Phat J
i dont know, im on the fence about this game. the only problems ive heard with it so far is that there are a lot of issues with framerate and clunky menu controls. ill probably get it, but thats just frustrating because with a game of this potential you'd think they'd weed out that sort of thing.
X-Play just gave this game a 5 out of 5 tonight. They did comment on the framerate and there are some minimal problems but they aren't overly troublesome. They say the game is still a must have.

I just wish they had commented on the length of the game. I've been hearing/reading some things.

I'll get this game in all due time.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 04:33 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
aside from the facial mapping. I think assasins creed actually looks better. Which is dissapointing, because the game was supposed to have groundbreaking graphics. It is just what NEXT GEN always should have been to me. Call of duty, ghost recon 2, halo, heavenyl sword and assasins creed are all on par and in some ways beyond the graphical offerings in mass effect
I wasn't just talking about graphics.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 04:55 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I wasn't just talking about graphics.
That's what he's talking about.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 04:57 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by InnerRise
That's what he's talking about.

He quoted me. erm

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:26 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Sure it has some problems, but as GameTrailers said for instance, they are mere specks in a "Celestial sea of Awesomeness" (even though I am unfamiliar with the word "Celestial"). So it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:13 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Holy, Mass Effects out. Didn't know.

Just called Gamstop and they said they've had it since yesterday.

Well, i got my reserve and it's time to pick it up then...

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:41 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup.......came out yesterday.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:42 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm getting my copy of ME today (great! Just when I'm about to go travel on Thanksgiving holiday) so this whole month I'm stuck with Contra 4, Assassins Creed, and eventually Call of Duty 4.

What a great season for video games.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:58 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

So I just found out the my game shipped TODAY (as in NOT on release day) and is estimated to arrive A F**KING WEEK FROM TODAY. If I didn't save so much freakin money by using that gift card I got, I'd have given amazon.com a rightious flip of the bird, gotten my money back, and have picked it up at Wal-Mart hous ago, which means I'd be playing it right now and not writing this.

DAMN IT

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:10 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see why so many people Pre-Order CERTAIN games anyway.

You should have just waited to go out and get it from Wal-Mart or wherever in the first place in my opinion anyway. This is what happens when you Pre-Order. (For no reason in my opinion)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:16 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The only time I think preordering is necessary is if the game is not going to be popular, but will sell out on release date due to small amount of copies.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I understand pre orders, but I never understood ordering it online. Just go buy the ****ing things. Unless you live in Antarctica or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:21 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I don't see why so many people Pre-Order CERTAIN games anyway.

You should have just waited to go out and get it from Wal-Mart or wherever in the first place in my opinion anyway. This is what happens when you Pre-Order. (For no reason in my opinion)

I totally agree. Ive NEVER not been able to purchase a game that i wanted within the first week of its release. The only time i had trouble buying games on their release dates, was gta vice city and gran turismo 4. Two babbages and one gamestop was sold out. So, i went to K-mart both times and success

I asked one of the guys at gamestop near the halo3 release. If there was a point in reserving games aside from special trinkets.
He said "oh, yeah games sell out all the time and your forced to wait a month for the next shipment" "We are expecting Halo 3 to sell out within the first two days"

Yeah, dont EVER believe a random jag off at gamestop

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Nov 21st, 2007 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

i got the very last copy of assasins creed at eb. that almost really sucked
X-Play just gave this game a 5 out of 5 tonight. They did comment on the framerate and there are some minimal problems but they aren't overly troublesome. They say the game is still a must have.

I just wish they had commented on the length of the game. I've been hearing/reading some things.

I'll get this game in all due time.

yeah im probably going to pick it up, just not right away. i think i might get xbox live first, its just so expensive. all that shit about the xbox being cheaper than the ps3 was such a lie. pay an extra hundred but get 300 or 400 more in value.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:25 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Live is just 50 bucks man, its less than the price of a game.

Ill take Xbox's pay service over Playstation's non existent online service.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:28 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

plus 150 for a wireless set up, plus however much for the hd set up. all of which comes with th ps3 package.

dont get me wrong, im happy with my 360, but its certainly not cheaper than the ps3 when you look at all the additional costs.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:34 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Keyword....additional costs.

You dont need an wireless set.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 10:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

If you mean HD setup as in cables, 360 comes with them while the PS doesnt.

But if you mean HD DVD, that isnt required to play and is at a reasonable price for an add on. It wasnt forced like the Bluray for PS3.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 10:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by AstroFan
I understand pre orders, but I never understood ordering it online. Just go buy the ****ing things. Unless you live in Antarctica or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's very much worth doing it online here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 10:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote