KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Trials

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Trials
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Pleased is not a word Xavier could use. He was as emotionless as a person can be. Of course he couldn't stop his physical body from reacting to stimuli. His heart began to beat faster, and his body felt electric current running through it all over. Master Cabas was the only person Xavier had ever been close to.

He may not have been able to be pleased but Xavier knew his response, "It would be my honor to go on one last mission with you, Master Cabas."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:22 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I thought you might be," Cabas says, clapping a hand on your shoulder. "Now get your things. We must go to the Supreme Chancellor's office. Master Windu has summoned us there."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Yes Master"

Xavier quickly hurries to get everything that will be needed. After he is done he gets everything up in strong arms and awaits to accompany Master Cabas to the Supreme Chancellor's office.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:12 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Once you are ready, Cabas leads you through the Jedi Temple, towards the hangars. He holds himself high, his hands folded behind his back, his chin raised, eyes closed.

"Padawan...do you feel prepared for the Trials?"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier pauses for a second, "I know my path lies in being a Jedi. I also know that I have not always learned in the Jedi way as you would have had me. Still I know your knowledge has helped prepare me and I will pass the trials Master."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:36 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"I am glad you feel that way."

You two walk through the hallowed halls of the Temple, passing other Knights as they go about their business.

"Is there anything that may keep you from passing the Trials?"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:38 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier watches the Knights pass by he more skilled with a lightsabre than many of them.

"Is there anything that may keep you from passing the Trials?" Xavier hears Master Cabas speak.

"I assume you refer to my seemingly lack of control over my combat desires. It is true that I've had some rough spots in dealing with adversity but I know when the time comes I will make the right choice as you have taught me to do Master."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Spoken like a true warrior," Cabas replies. "For all your prowess and ability, you are able to recognize your flaws and..."

You love your Master as much as the next guy, but honestly, you cannot stand his speeches.

It is one of very few things that you cannot stand, though. Cabas is a highly respected man, and he has definitely earned it, in your eyes. The majority of Jedi Masters his age- 71, you think- are less physically capable to engage in combat, even though they remain revered swordsmen and powerful Force-users.

You've watched Master Cabas take on and defeat a group of Hutt-loving thugs using only his forehead.

This is the man that you've learned how to fight from, after all. Where would you be without a teacher unable to show you himself how to perform incredible combat feats? And he didn't just show you the frilly (yet effective) martial arts of the Jedi. He showed you how to fight rough and fight dirty.

"Where is the honor in fighting dirty?" you had once asked.

"Honor is not a strong force in the Galaxy," he replied. "What is the point of fighting honorably if your opponent will not?"

Many Masters would counter this with something about 'being better than they are,' but Cabas probably wouldn't give two halves of a damn.

"Ah, we're here," Master Cabas says, suddenly ending his speech. He approaches the nearest red-and-white airspeeder available, gesturing for you to enter. "I will pilot, friend. If there is something you have not learned from me, it is how to fly properly. Then again, I am a terrible pilot. It's probably for the best."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 06:10 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier half-heartedly listens to his Master's speech while he gets into the Speeder. Xavier could only seem to pilot crashing craft. Another thing Xavier never really gained knowledge in.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 01:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Cabas seats himself in the airspeeder, and you're off. The tiny airspeeder zips up and away from the Jedi Temple, gliding quietly into the bright morning sky. The tall and elegant buildings of Coruscant glint in the rising sun.

The speeder now angles off towards the Senatorial district and makes for the large, dome-like building that houses all the Senatorial offices, including that of the Chancellor.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 05:55 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier looked over the large buildings. He wondered what their mission could be.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The Senatorial office complex has docking platforms lining it on most levels (Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the Chancellor landed at one after the Battle of Coruscant, when Palpatine was returned to safety).

It is to one of these that flight control has directed Cabas to land at, and he does so. The airspeeder comes in low, stops rather abruptly, then eases down onto the platform.

"Here we are. I see we are awaited!"

You see two Jedi Masters waiting for you on the platform. The first- a tall black man in a cream-colored tunic with the traditional brown robes- stands as solidly as a statue. The second- a Cerean in a mix of Jedi robes and Cerean clothing- paces around the first.

They approach your vessel, once it is powered down.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 06:04 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Janthis lets his Master go first and then follows out to great the two Jedi.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 02:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Masters," Cabas says, bowing slightly.

Mace Windu nods in acknowledgement, while Ki-Adi-Mundi smiles slightly.

"Master Cabas," the latter says, then turns to you. "Padawan Kolarn. I trust you are doing well, this day?"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 05:51 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"My body is in working order Master." Xavier replies bowing as well.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 09:35 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Excellent," Ki-Adi-Mundi says. "I feel you may well need it for the mission ahead."

"What does the mission entail?" Cabas asks.

"You will find out," Windu says, "in the Chancellor's office. We've had a bit of a security issue, thanks to one of our Senators. We need the situation diffused."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 10:14 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier stands next to Master Cabas as they walk the hallways to the Chancellor's office. He remains quite unless spoken to. Xavier is honored to be standing next to all these Masters.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 10:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You arrive at the Chancellor's shortly. The Masters walk in silence, as Windu feels that they should discuss the mission only in the privacy of the Chancellor's office.

"The Jedi don't want to be responsible for ending political careers," Windu says. "That is not our intent, nor our business..."

The Chancellor's office has an overall red theme. The walls and carpet are a deep red. Any additional furniture pieces, such as the Chancellor's desk that he is currently seated at, are a gunmetal gray. An assortment of exotic statues dot the office.

"Welcome, Master Jedi!" Palpatine greets, rising from his seat.

A man, standing beside the Chancellor, nods in greeting, though he doesn't talk. His hair is red and wavy, and he sports a short beard. He looks an awful lot like Simon Callow and is wearing highly regal attire.

Last edited by REXXXX on Dec 8th, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 10:33 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier takes in the color scheme of the office and the statues. Then he turned his attention to the man and what Master Windu had been talking about with political careers.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 10:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Actually, Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi step off to the side.

The Chancellor seems to be approaching Cabas, but then turns to you.

"This is the one, Master Windu?" Palpatine asks.

Master Windu nods.

"I have heard much about you, Xavier," Palpatine says.

He smiles brightly. You've only met him a few times, but he still has that grandfatherly disposition and aura of wisdom.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 11:11 PM