KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC: 1920s style

POTC: 1920s style
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

haha Willo that was brilliant as always--- love the fight amongst the printing presses! and detective murtogg... awe!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 05:54 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

lmao!!! omg Willo and Kate...u 2 are awsome for this!! I love it! keep up the great work!!! lol...im really enjoying this! lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 06:30 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

willo, kate, it's awesome! but I miss CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow, though smile

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 09:33 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

CUT TO: Liz's bedroom. She's lounging on her bed, reading a magazine, in a skanky little nightie. A maid comes in with a martini, and delivers it to Liz.

Maid: What a day! Have you seen tomorrow's headlines?

Liz: Up close and personal.

Maid: I’ll bet you were scared out of your fringe.

Liz: Why do you think I ran off? I mean, I like Norrington and all but moving in with him? Doesn't it seem a bit sudden?

Maid: I meant getting held up by that mobster...

Liz: Happens all the time. Though never with a mobster quite so--

Maid: hitting on all the sixes? His picture's all over the paper... that's one daddy I wouldn't mind getting framed by.

Liz: Seems neither of us will get the chance. He's in the clink, and there to stay.

Maid: It’s a shame…

Liz: I’ll say. I couldn’t decide whether I was getting help up or felt up.

Maid: Whatever did that reporter want earlier?

Liz: To bust the pet store wide open, obviously. Poor kid needs a stiff drink and a loose dance.

Maid: And are you planning on giving him one?

Liz: (mischievous) Maybe. (pulls the necklace out of her pocket and fingers it). He's swell, don't you think?

Maid: In a small town, big ideal kind of way. He won't last long in this city with those big blue eyes... (they both giggle)

Liz: Not around women like you!

Maid: You should go for him. Show him a thing or two. (Liz seems preoccupied) Unless you're still hung up on that mobster... (Liz whacks her with the magazine and they both burst out laughing).

CUT TO... Will sitting in his office, typing at a typewriter. He seems frustrated, and keeps looking at the photos of the evening's exploits. He checks his notebook and then crumples up what he was typing.

Suddenly, he hears a car screech around the corner. He goes to the window and peers out. He puts on his hat and jacket, and secures a pistol at his side and a camera around his neck. Then he steps out into the street.

CUT TO... the street in front of Liz's apartment. Don Vito Barbossa's car screeches to a halt in front of it, and two shady characters in black suits jump out. Both are wearing fedoras pulled down to shadow their faces. Both have guns.

They jog to the fire escape and begin climbing, as the car speeds off...

Elizabeth is lying in bed, eyeing the crime column of the magazine. She hears the screeching car and looks at the window suspiciously. She gets out of bed, pausing to down the rest of her martini and strap on her gun. She’s almost at the door when she seems to change her mind, and stopping back by her dresser, she puts on a coat of red lipstick and a black lacy robe. Then she positions herself at the side of the window. She can hear men ascending the fire escape.

The maid runs in.

Maid: Did you hear something?

Liz: Shhh! (indicates window) Run downstairs and call the police! (the maid nods and dashes out).

A few minutes later, Pintel and Ragetti climb through the window, wielding automatic weapons. They stop short as soon as they get through the window—Liz is sitting cross-legged on the bed, eyeing them seductively.

Liz: Well hello, boys.

Pintel and Ragetti look at each other under their hats, a bit confused.

Liz: (stands) Pintel and Ragetti, isn’t it? (waves magazine) I’ve just been reading up on your exploits. Notorious paid assassins, isn’t it? Here to take me for a ride? (Elizabeth stands up and puts her hands on her hips).

Pintel: Boss wants you alive. Are you going to come quietly?

Suddenly, the sound of police sirens is heard rounding the corner. A commotion begins on the street. Liz raises her eyebrows, and then yanks out her gun and takes aim.

Ragetti: (aiming back at her) Don’t even think about it!

Liz: Ah, but your boss needs me alive. So you’ll think twice before using yours. (shoots at them, the bullet grazes Ragetti’s arm and he howls).

They both lunge towards her, and she rushes out of the room, sending more bullets back at them. Once she gets downstairs, she realizes she’s out of bullets. She ducks into the entryway, Pintel and Ragetti close on her heels.

Pintel: No use running, doll. We’ve got you cornered. There’s no way out this one.

Ragetti reaches to grab her and she uses a jujitsu move to flip him over. Pintel comes next and between the two of them, they manage to get a gag over her mouth and tie her hands up. A screeching car approaches and they barrel out the door. They dive into the open car door as police surround the vehicle, but Barbossa speeds off before they can do any serious damage.

Meanwhile, Will has been standing outside the apartment and has seen everything, and taken a few pictures. He chases after the car until it turns the corner, and then rushes back to the crime scene, where Norrington has just arrived and the maid is giving a statement.

Will: They’ve taken her! They’ve taken Ms. Swann!

Last edited by katelovespirate on Feb 17th, 2008 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 08:03 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

eek!

THIS IS FABULOUS!!! Great job, Willo and Kate! Keep it coming, I'm craving more! big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 08:27 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocked

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Coolio! Im excited smile
r u participating? she even mentioned ur name; i didnt mean to bump u out w/ my stupid writing attempts

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 08:31 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

(Norrington and his men are already turning the place inside and out. No one looks up at Will when he makes his announcement.)

Norrington: Detective Mullroy, you want to remove this man?

Will: I know that car! When I came here to America, I saw a man leave a briefcase on our boat. He jumped ship and took off in that car. That was right before everything around me was blown to smithereens. (eyes take on a haunted look) What they must be doing to her.

Norrington: Mr. Turner, you're just a reporter, and a mediocre one at that. You're not a cop, you're not an informant. Now get out of here!

Will: Wait a minute...that other mobster that attacked her...

Murtogg: Don't even mention that name!

Mullroy: The name Jack Sparrow?

Murtogg: Thank you so much for going against what I just said.

Will: Jack Sparrow would know who owns that car and what they want with her. We should use him.

Norrington: I never trust a mobster, Mr. Turner, and you shouldn't either. We have this under control. Go about your business.

Will: (flips table over) That's not good enough!

Norrington: (takes Will aside) Listen to me, kid. I care about Liz too, and I'm doing everything I can to make sure she's safe. I won't have some small-time reporter complicating things to the point where she's worse off. Understand?

CUT TO...jail.

(Jack is in his own cell. Sitting on his bed, he's reading a newspaper. The headline reads "Mobsters Wreak Mischief and Mayhem.")

Will: (runs up to the cell) They've taken Miss Swann! (waits for an answer) Didn't you hear me? You must have seen that car before. Who owns it?

Jack: Who owns it? (folds paper and sets it aside) Why, the infamous Don Barbossa, of course.

Will: All right, I'm not one to make deals with mobsters, see, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Help me track them down.

Jack: Ah, and how would we got about doing that, since I'm in here awaiting the chair?

Will: You leave that to me. (goes up to the warden) Sir, that man in there, he's an important witness to a crime. Commissioner Norrington needs him out to testify.

Warden: And you are?

Will: Deputy Turner, deputy. (flashes a badge very quickly)

(The warden unlocks Jack's cell.)

Will: I keep a badge around to get into classified areas. Now live up to your end of the bargain.

CUT TO...parking lot

Will: You're telling me we're going to confiscate a car?

Jack: Kid, just say "steal," got it? That one!

Will: Wait! What if it's locked?

(Jack breaks the window and wedges himself under the dashboard. He is hotwiring the car.)

Jack: (from below) What's your name, kid?

Will: Will Turner.

Jack: Thought so. You got an old man with the same name?

Will: (taken aback) Yeah. He came to America before I did to get settled here. We stopped hearing from him, so I came here myself to look for him.

Jack: (rises up and sits in the driver's seat) He was a good man, good mobster.

Will: What? Them are fighting words, pal!

(Jack jumps at him and opens the passenger door. Will falls out of the car.)

Jack: We don't have time for this, see? Your sassy dame doesn't have time for it. Now either you can accept your pop was in the same line I was and we can move on, or you can't. Now, sit there and shut up.

(The car takes off)

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 08:59 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i can't stop laughing... them are fighting words... oh geeeee..... HAHAHAAH

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 09:06 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

(after christnabarrett + attempt @ everyone; trying to think of something; mine is the worst for some reason)

[Jack Sparrow is feeling dizzy and horrible. “An elephant never forgets….” he recites to himself. He feels much worse than death. His body doesn’t look like himself anymore.

Elizabeth and Will are younger and stronger in a way, since heart rate makes a descent from age 0 – 100. They are actually feeling like they are in Heaven.]

Elizabeth: (slicing cheese from a moon and gorging it down with bright shifting eyes) O, this is just WONDERFUL!!

Will: [dancing on the stars, hopping from one to the other] Yes, this is greaat! I feel like a boy again.

[Elizabeth scoops up star crackers, “Mmmm….”

Jack Sparrow falls off a cliff in the circle and lands on a soft clam with assorted musical instruments. He suddenly can perk up. They make little noises, and the clam jiggles.]

Clam: Hellloooooooo…. [deep voice]

[Jack Sparrow still sees Will and Elizabeth in the distance. His stomach aches, and he runs off.. He falls again and this time he doesn’t see them anymore. He lands back at the Fantasia.

(please log in to view the image)
http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasia

Iza walks up suddenly.]

Iza: Hello, sir, are you okay?

Jack Sparrow: O, it’s you again.

Iza: [surprised a bit] O, yes, I just work here.

Jack Sparrow: Tell Barbossa I lost Will and Elizabeth.

Iza: O, okay, sir….

[Jack Sparrow pulls out his compass. He looks at his locket and can still see Will and Elizabeth now. He notices he has the necklace, so the curse is upon him. Must hide from Barbossa, who marooned him.

He runs straight ahead toward the black, water, and disappears into the swirling stars.

He notices the swirling stars aren’t really swirling stars at all, but a dust storm, and notices a feast has been left. He sees bottles of alcohol already lying about. They must have used it in the cheese.

He chases after Will and Elizabeth.]

Jack Sparrow: What are you two still doing over here?

Will: O, trying to find a ship to go to Africa to find healing powers.. and to find the Fountain of Youth, which has already been discovered. And Atlantis. And the lost society of the Caribbean….

Jack Sparrow: o

[Story now seeps into full depression.... Attempts to bridge to reality and succeeded.]

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 09:20 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

LMAO!!!! Willo, Kate!!! I Love this soooooo much!! Please keep it up!! It's hilarious! Great job girls!!

Jack Sparrow the Mobster is tre hOTTT!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 09:44 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, I need to not make another story like that! really. f.y.i. I'm waiting for the kitchen... I'm not writing...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 10:19 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

quote: (post)
Originally posted by christnabarrett
r u participating? she even mentioned ur name; i didnt mean to bump u out w/ my stupid writing attempts

oh no, I'm not! hehe i think she mentioned me cause i wanted was excited about it in the other thread when they were talking about it! i think smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 03:34 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aw, I'm sorry: you must be busy with something else now?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 04:12 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Hm? No, I just don't want anyone to see my writing stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 04:58 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

so... what happens next? GAH ROFL, i need to know, this is AWEzomz.

big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 05:18 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

CUT TO…. Barbossa’s car. Elizabeth has been thrown into the back, and she struggles to sit up. Don Vito Barbossa is smoking a cigar with some of his henchmen in the back of the car.

Pintel: Here she is, boss.

Barbossa: Now, now, gents… is that any way to treat a dame?

Elizabeth: (as they ungag her) Don Vito Barbossa. I should have guessed you were behind this. You’ve certainly managed to leave your stench on our city.

Barbossa: Shut it, doll-face. It’s my city, just you remember that.

Elizabeth: (yanks out necklace and holds it out open window. They are going over a bridge) Is it? Well then I hope you enjoy scouring its streets for this…

Barbossa: No! (regains composure) I mean, whatever. You want to drop it, drop it. I’ve got millions. What’s your name, doll-face?

Elizabeth: Liz… Liz Turner. I’m a singer at Tortuga Joe’s.

Barbossa: Turner. Now why does that name ring a bell? (Pintel gives him a look and Barbossa remembers) Ah, Turner! And how does a dame who sings at the speaksie afford a piece like that, eh?

Elizabeth: Loyal costumers. I know you’re after this. I recognize this car. I see it all over town, doing shady deals and making it hard for us common folk to break the law or buy booze. You give us a bad name.

Barbossa: Right. Well hand over the swag and I’ll lay low for a while, how’s about it?

Elizabeth: (tosses him the necklace) Deal. Now if you’ll be so kind as to drop me at the Herald…

Barbossa: Nice try, missy. You’re in Don Vito’s car now… and you’re coming with us.

Elizabeth: Hey bank’s closed, fly boy. You let me out or I’ll—

Barbossa: I’ve got a better idea. You keep your mouth shut and when I tell you to sing, you sing. Got it?

Car speeds off. We get a shot of the License plate, which reads ‘Black Pearl’.

CUT TO… Tortuga Joe’s. In the dead of night, the seedy club is rowdy. Everyone is drunk, jazz music blares, fist-fights are frequent. The back wall has been pushed aside to reveal a full bar.

Jack: Good for what ails ya. If only those protestants knew what they were missing, this country would be a happier place.

Will: Cheap booze and cheaper women. Not exactly my idea of a good time.

Ruby: (a flapper ) Hey who you calling cheap? (slaps Will)

Jack: It’s okay, Ruby. He’s with me.

Ruby: Well that ain’t much of an improvement. (Slaps Jack) Hey Jill, look what the cat dragged in.

Jill: Daddy-o and his noble sidekick. Too bad I ain’t in the mood for scum tonight. C’mon Ruby, let’s bail.

Jack: (shrugs to Will) Women.

They sit down at the bar, and bartender J Gibbs, retired army general and complete alcoholic, walks over.

Gibbs: Jack Sparrow! What in the foxhole are you doing here?

Jack: Same thing I’m doing here every night, Gibbs.

Gibbs: Got another plan, do you?

Jack: You might say that. Let me introduce Will Turner, small town boy with a big time crush.

Gibbs: So it’s a lady you’re after. (shakes Will’s hand) What are you drinking, son?

Will: Coco cola.

Gibbs: And…?

Jack: He’ll have it with rum.

Jack walks with Gibbs behind the bar.

Jack: It’s time I got my car back, Gibbs. I need some torpedoes. You know, the kind that can use their guns and keep quiet.

Gibbs: Soon as I heard the name Turner, I figured. Luckily I’ve got some boys looking for work…

CUT TO: Barbossa’s hide-out, a plush, sprawling mansion. Elizabeth is alone in a room, when Pintel and Ragetti walk in, hats still on.

Liz: Whatya want?

Pintel: Poker night with Don Barbossa. (throws a red flapper dress as her) And you’d better slip into something a little less comfortable.

Liz: I’m staying right here until your boss recovers from his edge and realizes he can’t kidnap a citizen and get away with it.

Pintel: In that case, you can play poker with us… in your skivvies.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 03:18 PM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Great job! Haha, loved Ruby and Jill wink

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 03:33 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

CUT TO...a lavish lounge with a poker table centered.

("Peter and the Wolf" is playing on a record player in the corner. A soft light hangs over the table. Chips are already out, and Barbossa sits comfortably in a plush chair. Elizabeth stands over the table.)

Barbossa: You must know by now you're invited to play. Sit down and ante up. (she sits) That dress becomes you.

Elizabeth: Might I ask about the previous owner?

(Barbossa just laughs and begins to shuffle the cards. He deals them out)

Barbossa: We do have some cold cut sandwiches over there on the cart. No need to starve yourself. I like a woman with plump gams.

(Elizabeth grabs a sandwich and eats it quickly. She then goes back to her cards)

Elizabeth: I'll take two. (she replaces her cards) So...we're sitting at a table playing a civilized game of cards and I'm not at the bottom of Lake Michigan right now. What gives?

Barbossa: That (points to her necklace) is what gives. We have some wine and crackers for you too, and you can help yourself to the ice box.

Elizabeth: Just let me go! If you have that necklace, there's no reason to keep me here! (stands and goes to the cart. She sees a knife on it. She stays at the cart)

Barbossa: You want to hear a story, missy? Be warned it's no fairy tale. Years back, a powerful don ran an entire region. He received generous portions of everyone's earnings and in exchange, protected them from the other dons. And then, one day, his assistant decided he wanted more, deserved more! Do you know what it's like to clean up after someone else all the time, see them going out and doin' everything wrong, knowin' you could do so much better? This man overcame the don and made the region what it should be, with help from David "the Squid" Jones.

Elizabeth: Jones is just a legend, Don Barbossa.

Barbossa: Is it now? It's my story as I see it. This Jones gave out necklaces to every brother under the don. You mighta seen them on Pintel and Ragetti out there. No one was ever harmed who wore them. But Jones is a greedy, evil man, even for us. He took back his offer and demanded the necklaces back. We said we'd bring him all of them as long as we had time to do so.
That one you have is the last necklace to be brought back to him. Of course, I don't give up easily. (gestures to a bunch of guitar and violin cases in the corner) Everyone given a necklace must bring it back and be present.

Elizabeth: But I'm not one of you.

Barbossa: Doesn't matter. He just needs to see a body with the necklace to make sure they're all accounted for...and if you happen to be caught in the crossfire...

(Elizabeth springs up and stabs Barbossa in the shoulder. She tries to run out the door, but two gigantic men wearing necklaces drag her back to the table)

Barbossa: (pulls the knife out of him) I've been shot 7 times, beautiful. You really think a knife draws that much out of me besides blood? (laughs)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 04:09 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

*howls with laughter* this just gets better and better. i really needed to laugh today. oh my word that was fantastic. David "The Squid" Jones---- holy crap I can't stop laughing... LOUD APPLAUSE!

something tells me we're both looking up 1920s slang online--- great minds think alike. smile oh boy. this is good fun.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 04:37 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Daddy - O

(qf) lMaO

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:57 PM