KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC: 1920s style

POTC: 1920s style
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

No, I haven't been looking up 20s slang, but that is a good idea because I'm running out! I just remember things from movies and what-not. Can't wait for your next post!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 08:48 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hahaha just me then... I'll work on the next bit and get it up soon. smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 09:01 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried Is this insulting? Or.. Sexy?

after christnabarrett and attempt at others)

[Jack Sparrow walks down a quiet alley, reminiscing on days when he was not a pirate. He actually seems to miss his mother, as well as his father. He comes up to a group of people, not exactly pirates.]

Crony 1: Jack Sparra’….

Crony 2: E heeeee [He has off big “googling,” protuberant eyes.]

[Their clothes look almost attractive: a new fad? Jack Sparrow squinches. The mob approaches closer. A lady appears in the darkness; she shakes and she shivers.]

Lady: ‘Ey Miz.

[Jack Sparrow begins to worry about something and trips off as a carriage approaches.

Jack Sparrow has enough to take a trip to New Orleans. He sleeps in a bunk in a train, and he has something “goood” to eat….

He gets out and finds a pirate joint to stay at. He gets beignets for free and stares out at the water. Night eventually falls, Jack depressed and wondering about “home…” Some jazz musicians are able to kick it up around the corner, and he falls asleep. Flappers dance in his dreams, with rags hanging from their wastes, like decay. He wakes up and before his eyes is Scarlett and Giselle, naked. He is rather taken aback, for they are not attractive, fat and no meat. He offers them beignets and hot crayfish. They look past him and take him straight to the music, where they dance the night away.

Jack feels a little better and goes to sleep in a little corner in an abandoned pirate shack.

He wakes up starving and gets a sack of po’boys he helps make.

He walks around the town and sees fat police chasing ppl away from hot dog stands…. He runs into something that almost scares the skin right out of him. It’s huge colors, here there everywhere, distortions of the surroundings, too. He sees someone doing something like graffiti and steps aside.

He sneaks by a courtroom where a case on legality of education takes place. He is feeling like a sleep and goes back to the pirate tavern and almost dies.]

Elizabeth: Jack! [She manages to give him something of a hug. He tries to embrace her. They let go. Will catches up.]

Jack Sparrow: And what’re you two doing over ‘ere?

Elizabeth: We’ve, why, we have come to save’you!

Will Turner: Barbossa, we know, is tracking you down.

Jack Sparrow: Oh, I see, then….

[Elizabeth and Will sit worried.]

Elizabeth: Come on, we have money and taxi, and Will has a ship..

[Off, they go. They sail off to a small settlement someplace cold, where a house is being built for them. There is a prosper of food and items. They settle into the house. Elizabeth announces she has a child and introduces him. He is about 9 years old. Suddenly, they are not so lonely. Elizabeth puts Will III away because he has school the next day…]

Elizabeth: Jack, so how has everything been?

Jack Sparrow: Oh, fine as they can come.

Elizabeth: We’re moving back as soon as we get a new house built, in a slightly different location, to avoid the attraction of the pirates.

[Jack Sparrow remembers the gangsters and people he saw.]

Jack Sparrow: That’s a wonderful idea, you know?

Elizabeth: Oh.. [She grins like a Cheshire.]

Will: I’ve got a radio. It hooks up to Barbossa’s ship. And this thing, even produces images, through digits, made by pirates.

[Will III comes downstairs.]

Will III: Mom-my, I cannot sleep.

[Elizabeth picks him up and reads to him a story of long ago from when she was a little girl. He falls into a sleep. Elizabeth notices he is thinning away. He needs to run around like the other boys to settle an appetite. He certainly isn’t fat, which Elizabeth goes through a secret kind of smile on.

She brings him up to his room. She sits on the sofa by the window and stares outside into the night. She thinks she still sees a few people passing, a few years older than her, men and some ladies. They’re having a jolly time at getting some work done, probably to sleep in the day while kids are at school….

Elizabeth descends down the stares, horrified at what she sees. Barbossa has found them, and Jack is dead, Will struggling from his bindings..]

(please log in to view the image)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_cut

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 10:33 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

IT just keeps getting better and better willo, kate! GAH! MORE! MORE!!!!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 02:07 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

CUT TO...outside on a street.

(Jack, Will, and Gibbs walk up and down a line of degenerates. Most of them sport brimmed hats and long coats.)

Gibbs: Found the best men in all Chicago! Well, the most available that is.

Will: They look ready to drop over dead.

Gibbs: Get some Italian cooking in them and they'll be just fine! (pats one on the back. He falls over) Er, here we are. Man had his tongue cut out so you know he's seen action! Goes by Cotton.

Jack: Mr. Cotton, are you strong enough to take on a daring rescue mission against evil mafia dons?

Parrot's Pigeon: When do we leave?

Jack: Oh yes...the tongue thing. (sees another) You...(takes the hat off revealing a woman) Annie.

Anamaria: That's Anamaria! (slaps him)

Will: Let me guess, didn't deserve it?

Jack: Oh, I deserved it.

Anamaria: Low-down, dirty, rotton...you stole my car!

Will: Uh, we'll get you another one! (points to the one they stole)

Anamaria: Agreed!

Gibbs: Looks like we got the odds against us, Jack.

Jack: As usual.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 06:16 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...the question is, will they all fit in the car?...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 01:57 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sleep

(after christna barrett & attempt @ all)

[Story ends. Everyone suddenly bursts from insanity.

A new Jack Sparrow is born, in New Orleans. It is the roaring age again. His mother gets him a pink shiny rattle that falls and breaks.

He grows up and meets Elizabeth Swann and thinks she is the most like amazing thing he’s met, but just like a little child. She has a quaintness at her eyes now, always watery. She is rather distant and depressed and can’t sort out all feelings. Her hair is fuzzy and very white. Her eyes are a white blue. Tears brim her eyes, often. She is often lost in a garden of poisonous plants with an aviary above. She is not like the other girls at all herself. The other girls go to school happy and share their lunches together before playing ball and rope and such.. She is almost too sick to go to school. She meets an older boy in her class, Will Turner. He is about 10 years older, and quite frankly as so in the world. He loves her and cares for her and whatnot nonsense and brings sexual stimulation and joy to her lonely life. She has a wonderful family to go home to, but she doesn’t have any siblings. Most people in her class have younger siblings. Elizabeth wishes for an older brother, and sister, now. It was really her only biggest wish in the world. She makes friends with a bonnie lassie with a round round head and sparkly round beautiful eyes that glimmer in the sun like spheres. This makes the world for her. They plot sneaking a journey to Africa someday, and giggle at it all the time. Her life is full, when she is around.

Jack Sparrow sometimes subs at the school because he is in his 20s.

The favorite times is when the whole town gets together and enjoys singing and dancing.

William Turner is an artist. He is quite the flabbergasted as he gets to tackle the infinite art of abstraction.

Elizabeth is wanting to be a child performer in the hallucinatory scenes but often feels too weak at the knees etc. to. Her best friend is a performer there now, however.]

Elizabeth: Jack Sparrow?

Jack: Yes, [Little] Miss[y] Swann?

Elizabeth: O my! I cannot get my homework! My brain is alas stuck, and things are not well at home!

Jack:
[Picks up little girl.] Oh, now, that is okay. Let me feel your head. Have you been indoors dreaming all along?

[Elizabeth is stupid.]

Jack: Well [abrupt,] here are some more basic wind downs of what your teacher does.

[Elizabeth takes it and goes home for milk & cookies….. “Grumble...”]

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 02:45 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Carpool, dear, carpool. laughing laughing

CUT TO...a storm [special willo hug to anyone who can tell me when windshield wipers were invented]

(A string of cars drive along a deserted stretch. It's too desolate to even be farm land. Will and Gibbs are in the second car.)

Will: Why is Jack so bent on revenge against Don Barbossa?

Gibbs: Hard to say exactly. Jack doesn't reveal much to people, not since Barbossa overthrew him and became the don over everything Jack had.

Will: He failed to mention that. What happened?

Gibbs: It was before I knew him. They say Jack had too much of an honest streak to be a truly ruthless don and Barbossa...let's just say let him know it. But he decided he'd take Jack up in one of those flying machines, you know? Be a regular Orville and Wilbur Wright. And then, he pushed him out! Now, Will, when someone's pushed out of a plane, they can either land on land or in water, and the situation ain't good either way.

Will: How did he survive?

Gibbs: Glad you asked! Jack, freefalling through the clouds, made the coo of a dove. (coos) All of a sudden, every bird of flight circled round him. He took hold of a couple of turkey vultures and they flew him to safety.

Will: Turkey vultures?

Gibbs: Aye, turkey vultures!

Will: (skeptical) How did turkey vultures wind up in the area?

(Gibbs is stumped. A car pulls up next to them and rolls down the window. They roll down theirs. Jack, who was leading, is now next to them.)

Jack: I had doused myself in turkey vulture pheremones.

Gibbs: How did you know we were talking...

Jack: (interrupting him) Never you mind. William "Scoop" Turner is coming in this car with me. We're very close to Barbossa now.

(Will switches cars.)

Gibbs: What should the rest of us do if you're in trouble?

Jack: Keep to the code. (winks at him) Here's looking at you, Gibbs.

(They drive off)

Kate, you're up!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 02:46 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Inventor J. H. Apjohn came up with a method of moving two brushes up and down on a vertical plate glass windshield in 1903.

Mary Anderson is said to have invented the windshield wiper swinging arm in the United States, where she patented the idea in 1905. The idea was initially met with resistance, but was a standard feature on all American cars by 1916.

and no, that is not basic encyclopedic knowledge i thought of from the top of my head, i was looking something up in wikipedia and decided to look it up just for fun, and because willo asked. big grin

now where is my cookie?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 02:56 AM
katelovespirate

Okay Willo, mine will be up within the next 20 minutes, but I first just need to say, that was my FAVORITE segment done yet in this story!!! OH MY WORD--- Turkey Vultures, pheromones... Here's Looking at You, Gibbs?!?! AHHHHH i LOVE it. too brilliant for words. big grin

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:04 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

How about a song about cookies?

(to the tune of "Mandy")

Oh Jaeh, how you came
and you found out the wipers
So here is your cookie
I'm hyper

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:07 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

ROFL willo! *eats... the song?*

can't wait for your post, kate.. big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:11 AM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Origin
ally posted by willofthewisp

How about a song about cookies?

(to the tune of "Mandy")

Oh Jaeh, how you came
and you found out the wipers
So here is your cookie
I'm hyper
o my.. this isn't just a little funny....

rm.. (thinks..)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:15 AM
katelovespirate

Cut To… A foreboding, abandoned building on the shores of Lake Michigan. A series of black cars pull up, and what looks like the entire Chicago mafia begin filing out and into the building. All are wearing necklaces; all carry instrument cases. Last of all, Don Barbossa’s car pulls up. Pintel and Ragetti get out.

Pintel: Once we give back the necklaces, we’ll be free men. No more following boss’s orders, no more dirty work for cheap pay.

Ragetti: We could start up our own gang somewhere, do some real old fashioned mob work…

Pintel: Just like the good old days…

Cut Back To… Jack and Will’s car, which is nearing the abandoned building. Jack turns off the lights and begins to drive slowly.

Will: What code is Gibbs supposed to follow if we’re in trouble? (looks hopeful) The kind of code that involves bailing us out and calling the cops on the bad guys?

Jack: We are the bad guys. We follow the mafia code: you don’t take the whole mob down if one guy get’s made.

Will: So, you just leave him to the vultures? (scribbles this in his notebook.) Or rather, the turkey vultures?

Jack: Now you’re on the trolley. And kid, no need to hide behind your high and mighty profession. You’re half mobster yourself—lied to spring me from the clink, stole a car, hired sleazy hitmen at a juice joint, and now you take your coke with rum.

Will: That’s baloney! You ordered that coke and rum for me.

Jack: (as they park the car and creep out) And you downed it in a few seconds, kid.

They spy Elizabeth getting out of the car with Don Barbossa.

Inside, a tall man in a blue suit stands with his back to the arriving mobsters. He is flanked by a number of bodyguards.

Barbossa: Ah, Jones. Are all those guns really necessary?

Jones: No funny business tonight, Vito. You have your guys drop the necklaces in the box, and then deliver up the percentage like we agreed.

At Barbossa’s nod, the men file forward and begin dropping necklaces into the box. One of the body guards counts them as they come in. Last of all is Elizabeth.

Jones: All right. Pay up. All the dough, and that disgusting squeak Turner.

Barbossa: He wasn’t part of the deal, Jones.

Jones: So I’m changing the deal. What are you going to do about it? That guy insulted me and I say, give him up, or the deal’s off.

Barbossa: Of course. (signals men, who quietly open instrument cases) Though I have to say, it’ll be difficult…

Suddenly, Barbossa signals his men and they open fire on Jones and the body guards. A fierce battle ensues, with Liz caught right in the middle. She knocks one of the body guards out, grabs his gun and starts picking off whoever gets too close.

Will and Jack are hiding behind the elevator shaft.

Will: Jack!

Jack: Easy, Mugsy. In the mob, timing is everything.

Will: So we wait till you can suck out the profit? I don’t think so, Jack.

Jack: You gotta trust your partner in crime, pal. Rules of the mob. So stay here and keep your hands in your pockets till I get back, or the dame might not make it out.

Jack starts to run off. Will grabs him and throws him into the elevator, slamming the door.

Will: Sorry Jack. This story’s all mine.

Up at the front, Barbossa has shot Jones and all of his body guards are down.

Mob guy 1: Is he dead?

Barbossa rolls the body over, to reveal an imposter!

Barbossa: Snikes. It isn’t Jones. Should have known he’d be packing incognito.

Mob guy 2: So we’re still his stooges?

Barbossa: (picking up one of the necklaces and fingering it) Until we can find the real Jones and settle this once and for all…

Meanwhile, Will has snuck up behind Elizabeth and they slink towards the exit…

You're on a roll tonight, Willo, so parley is all yours!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:42 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

YAY ACTION!

...the mafia code? genius. stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 04:00 AM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could thread through LOTS of codes.... So, where's my head.... Oyeal, just p* off.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 04:02 AM
katelovespirate

i'm trying to write this parley scene and I just have no creativity... Rory, Savvy, Diva, Maria, anyone want to take a shot???

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 12:24 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Hmm, if thre are no takers...

(Jack gets out of the elevator. Pintel and Ragetti see him)

Pintel: We thought you was kaput!

Jack: Not a chance. I like women.

Pintel: (confused) Uh.... (pulls gun on him)

Jack: Take me to Barbossa.

Ragetti: Doggone those magic words!

(Barbossa sees Jack.)

Barbossa: Well, well, well. How did you ever survive being dropped out of that flying machine?

Jack: You forgot one very important thing...I'm Jack Sparrow!

Barbossa: Ah, well, I won't make that mistake again. Kill him!

Jack: That girl was no help and off she's gone with the necklace.

Barbossa: Hold it! You know how to get the necklace?

Jack: I know how to get the necklace.

CUT TO...backseat of a car.

(Will is checking Elizabeth over for wounds)

Elizabeth: I'm fine, Will, honestly!

Will: Why did you give them my name as yours?

Elizabeth: It was just my lucky day, I guess. (they lock eyes and almost kiss. she backs away. She takes Will's hand and guides it down her neck almost to her bosom. He feels the necklace)

Will: What...?

Elizabeth: It's yours. It's always been yours. I thought you were a mobster, so I took it.

Will: (backs away) Then, then it's all true. My father did send it to me to keep Barbossa and his henchmen trapped. That means, he was a mobster!

Elizabeth: (doesn't know what to do) Cigarette?

Anamaria: (opens car door) We're not out of the woods yet, kids!

Last edited by willofthewisp on Feb 21st, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 12:43 AM
katelovespirate

YAYAYAY!!! willo, sorry I bailed... but as always, you've done a wonderful job! I'll continue if you like...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 12:44 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Go right ahead. I'm looking forward to the big battle that's coming! And then...well, we all know what happens after that battle.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 12:57 AM