KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-3; Papa Smurph vs King Kandy

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-3; Papa Smurph vs King Kandy
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Vote for Kandy.

The Nabu situation was completely overlooked by Papa, and now it looks like he's trying to use semantics, wordplay and such to cover his own ass.

Not to mention no spying, etc.

Kandy wins because his amalgam is better and because his prep is much closer to feasible.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 03:25 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Thank you.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 03:35 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Voting for Kandy.

Joey's strategy seemed exploitative and I felt much of it lacked logical standing.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 03:37 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

This battle was posted on 12:41 PM Central Standard Time. No votes until 12:41 AM Central Standard Time. The 12 hour debate limit is not up. There is still roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes left. If you wish to vote for King Kandy after the debate period is up, then you are free to do so.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 17th, 2008 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 04:15 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

With the remaining time left, do either of the competitors wish to make any closing summary statements?

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 04:28 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
This battle was posted on 12:41 PM Central Standard Time. No votes until 12:41 AM Central Standard Time. The 12 hour debate limit is not up. There is still roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes left. If you wish to vote for King Kandy after the debate period is up, then you are free to do so.

Problem. Most people work tomorrow and won't be able to vote before 12:41 PM. So that was their only time, likely right before bed. I think the match should be extended until maybe 4 CST in order to accommodate those people, because otherwise we'll end up with 4-5 votes max.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 04:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Evangel94

If people only have this time to vote, then by all means let them; I have no further arguments to make.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 04:55 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Note to Kandy: A scan of Strange riding a dragonfly probably isn't the best way to start a match of Skyfather-level amalgams.

stick out tongue

That said, voting for Kandy. Less to feel iffy about, and Stacks grasping at straws with "sensing" instead of spying kinda turned me off. I didn't see Evangel make an official ruling about the Nabu thing, but as I see it, the ban is on "outside help." Nabu is a separate person from Hector, and if Nabu had been drafted it wouldn't have been at 6 pts. Stacks tried to say he's a part of Hector, which is false. He's a part of Dr. Fate, but Stacks drafted "Dr. Fate (Hector Hall)." It would be like drafting Adam Warlock and having access to all of his different incarnations. Or Cpt. Mar-vell and getting anyone to ever share the title.

If Stacks had stayed away from such conjectures, he would've had a great shot at winning imo. There's a lot to like in both of these amalgams.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 04:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Hmm....maybe I will reduce the debating period then.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 05:00 AM
Bentley
Seitei

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 06:03 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

This is the only time I have to vote and yes its right before bed, and yes I won't get home til 5pm mountain time tomorrow.

Voting for kandy his was less iffy.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 06:16 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
but as I see it, the ban is on "outside help." Nabu is a separate person from Hector, and if Nabu had been drafted it wouldn't have been at 6 pts. Stacks tried to say he's a part of Hector, which is false.

Untrue, Nabu is a part of Hector's equipment.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...ustillgotit.jpg

"The Helmet of Nabu whispers to its new wearer.....and the man behind the helmet does simply what is told"

"The Helmet is informing me of the spell"

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...06/Nabuisit.jpg

"The helmet has told me of Black Adam"

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...illinHelmet.jpg

"Maybe he's just gone further into the Helmet.....He's made the place his own"

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...sidetheHelm.jpg

"We're inside the Helm"

Hay look, family reunion

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...milyreunion.jpg

A more accurate analogy would be drafting Insane Genis and talking to Rick Jones about stuff, which I'm sure nobody would have had a problem with or even better, drafting Venom (Eddie Brock) and getting the sentient symbiote

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 17th, 2008 at 08:31 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 08:18 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I am extending the voting period of this match until 5PM Central Standard Time.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 04:40 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Note to Kandy: A scan of Strange riding a dragonfly probably isn't the best way to start a match of Skyfather-level amalgams.

stick out tongue

That said, voting for Kandy. Less to feel iffy about, and Stacks grasping at straws with "sensing" instead of spying kinda turned me off. I didn't see Evangel make an official ruling about the Nabu thing, but as I see it, the ban is on "outside help." Nabu is a separate person from Hector, and if Nabu had been drafted it wouldn't have been at 6 pts. Stacks tried to say he's a part of Hector, which is false. He's a part of Dr. Fate, but Stacks drafted "Dr. Fate (Hector Hall)." It would be like drafting Adam Warlock and having access to all of his different incarnations. Or Cpt. Mar-vell and getting anyone to ever share the title.

If Stacks had stayed away from such conjectures, he would've had a great shot at winning imo. There's a lot to like in both of these amalgams.

Pretty much the reason for me voting for Kandy as well, oh, and Papa's ridiculous attempt to state that physical and mental stamina are the same thing.

King Kandy was much more plausible with his strategy...

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 05:42 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

nobody was "more plausible", both write ups were strange as hell.

I sort of hope that smurph doesn't get in trouble for the nabu thing cause it's sort of late now for that, we had a lot of time and dc know it alls for that to slip by.

back to re-reading this convoluted mess.........uugggg!

for the next tournament, no mages or sorcerers cause they are too hard to judge and write for.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 06:07 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Joey, don't play with semantics. In the post above where you responded to me it's "The Helmet of Nabu" which is a far cry from "Nabu." But multiple times in your posts you specifically stated that Hector was "gone" and Nabu had taken his place. If it was only the helmet, I wouldn't have had a problem with it, but you actually replaced the people in your amalgam.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 06:30 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Joey, don't play with semantics. In the post above where you responded to me it's "The Helmet of Nabu" which is a far cry from "Nabu." But multiple times in your posts you specifically stated that Hector was "gone" and Nabu had taken his place. If it was only the helmet, I wouldn't have had a problem with it, but you actually replaced the people in your amalgam.

That's because it is Nabu, Jesus.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/.../Ohlooknabu.jpg

"My helmet, the voice of Nabu is silenced"

Only person playing semantics is yourself, I have no problem being voted against, I do have a problem with you disregarding legal manuevers because you don't like them.

Hell look at the quote taken directly from the wiki article which was in clear view for any contestants who had a problem with Fate

"Hall had operated as Doctor Fate from Salem since then, with Nabu - again inhabiting the helm, but no longer controlling Fate - advising him. The Nelsons' souls still resided within the amulet, and they were occasionally able to contact the outside world (including Kent once having encountered the 1990s Starman). Hall's identity is known to a clever few who have figured it out, and in his secret identity, he socialized with some of the inhabitants of Salem, being on the whole more gregarious than his predecessors"

"Nabu had been verbally abusing Hector ever since the latter had taken on the mantle"

Oh my gosh it's Nabu talking to Hector for one last scan

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...OmygoshNabu.jpg

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 17th, 2008 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 07:00 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It has nothing to do with me "liking them" or not, and I'm insulted at the implication. I, like others, made an objective assessment about the match, and felt that you lost. Don't make it personal, because it isn't.

And just as a word of advice, maybe you're right even despite the votes so far. But statements like "Nabu replaces the completely GONE Hector" don't help your cause, nor does trying to use feats from non-Hector Fate. It's stuff like that which has you down in the voting, not helmet's whispering to Hector.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 07:07 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

It has nothing to do with me "liking them" or not, and I'm insulted at the implication. I, like others, made an objective assessment about the match, and felt that you lost. Don't make it personal, because it isn't.

Then maybe you should recant your stance?

"Nabu replaces the completely GONE Hector" don't help your cause

Why? Hector is gone because he's at a level of pissed where he cannot control himself.

, nor does trying to use feats from non-Hector Fate.

Which are spells Nabu has access to.

It's stuff like that which has you down in the voting, not helmet's whispering to Hector.

No, it's pretty much Nabu talking to Hector.

Your argument in a nutshell is Nabu doesn't replace Hector because I don't like it.

I'm able to use Hector feats that stem from Nabu being in his helmet telling him how to incant such and such, but I can't use Nabu, somehow.

I don't care about being voted against or losing, I do care that your reasoning is unfound and has zero backing and selective reasoning applied to it.

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 17th, 2008 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 07:14 PM
Devil Lance
DL

Voting for Kandy

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 07:19 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote