KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Darkseid Respect Thread

Darkseid Respect Thread
Started by: King_Mungi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kevdude
The Hooded Man

amazing job k-m smile

The Word

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 11:52 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

thumb up

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 02:50 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just love this thread. One thing tho, It was revealed that there was only one set of New Gods, unless DS himself created the alter realties. How does that fit into the alternate DS showings?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 01:56 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy-Chan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fangirl101
I just love this thread. One thing tho, It was revealed that there was only one set of New Gods, unless DS himself created the alter realties. How does that fit into the alternate DS showings?

No, in the Superboy arc Hyper-Tension it was speculated that there is only one Metron, but in the same story there were several different versions of Knockout. There's also been an inconsistency among some writers as to where Apokolips/New Genesis are. Most portrayals set them in an alternate universe, but some go with it being a "closed galaxy" as Starlin envisioned it. In JLA: Rock of Ages, Metron states:

"For in the game of Gods, creation itself is the playground. Sometimes Darkseid wins; sometimes we win. Each time, the universe is remade, as you have witnessed. In the end, balance is served."

It looks like Final Crisis is going to take that statement and run with it. The way I'm intrepretting it, there's only one "true" set of New Gods, but they manifest is infinitely different ways throughout different times, places, and continuums.

Anyway, great thread. I'm glad you didn't miss the Superman: Confidential issues. I really liked that story. Had a feel to it like the 90's Superman toon.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 04:55 PM
Jimmy-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMadTitan

Anything new on Darkseid in Final Crisis please?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 06:06 AM
MadMadTitan is currently offline Click here to Send MadMadTitan a Private Message Find more posts by MadMadTitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beast1234

although i have all the new god comics i still don't know why was darkseid force against his mother to marry tigra what was the reason

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 12:49 AM
beast1234 is currently offline Click here to Send beast1234 a Private Message Find more posts by beast1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Originally posted by beast1234
although i have all the new god comics i still don't know why was darkseid force against his mother to marry tigra what was the reason

It's the classic royalty story. A prince or princess isn't expected to marry for love, but to marry someone 'befitting' a king in blood and rank, possibly for political advantage.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 06:51 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Originally posted by MadMadTitan
Anything new on Darkseid in Final Crisis please?

It is all very vague thus far. He's taken over control of Dan Turpin's body thus far. The rest has been done with his technology and his forces and his intelligence (Anti Life Equation, Time Bullet, his various gods).

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 06:52 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beast1234

Originally posted by Desaad
It's the classic royalty story. A prince or princess isn't expected to marry for love, but to marry someone 'befitting' a king in blood and rank, possibly for political advantage.

thanks for the info

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 01:28 PM
beast1234 is currently offline Click here to Send beast1234 a Private Message Find more posts by beast1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

The truly "most knowledgeable" member of the board strikes again.

Great Job, ALL HAIL DARKSEID.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 02:45 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beast1234

if orion was raised by darkseid do you think he would have bean more evil than his father

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 02:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The White Witch directly compares the powers of Darkseid, to those of Infinite Man himself:

(please log in to view the image)

That is quite something, considering the Abstract-esque power Infinite Man wields..

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 04:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMadTitan

Have you guys seen this before? Darkseid is using Dan Turpin's body to resurrection?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 09:18 PM
MadMadTitan is currently offline Click here to Send MadMadTitan a Private Message Find more posts by MadMadTitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Yeah I think we all have that issue.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 12:14 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Darkseid, past or present, hires GOOD help...

Image 1 of 15

Attachment: graviguard 01.jpg
This has been downloaded 267 time(s).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 05:59 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Image 2 of 15.

Attachment: graviguard 02.jpg
This has been downloaded 235 time(s).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 06:00 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Image 3 of 15.

Attachment: graviguard 03.jpg
This has been downloaded 226 time(s).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 06:01 AM
bluewaterrider

Image 4 of 15.

Attachment: graviguard 04.jpg
This has been downloaded 232 time(s).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 06:02 AM
bluewaterrider

Image 5 of 15.

Attachment: graviguard 05.jpg
This has been downloaded 231 time(s).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 06:02 AM
bluewaterrider

Image 6 of 15.

Source: Forever People #1, Volume 1
Writer: Jack Kirby
Penciller: Al Plastino
Inker: Vince Colletta
Date: March 1971

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Forever_People_Vol_1_1

Attachment: graviguard 06.jpg
This has been downloaded 228 time(s).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 06:05 AM