KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Neo vs. Luke Skywalker

Neo vs. Luke Skywalker
Started by: DestinyGuy678

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yeah, cuz Jedi are SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

They are fast. But I think Neo in Revolution is faster.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 04:00 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Isn't Neo at his peak demigod-like in power?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 04:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Robtard
Isn't Neo at his peak demigod-like in power?

Yeah. To be fair I haven't read NJO, and I heard Luke pwns some serious ass. But as far as I can remember the Matrix is Neo's Sim City like playground.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 04:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

NJO Luke rapes Neo. Neo in the movies only sahowed potential. Never really did anything particularly specail.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:00 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Martin
NJO Luke rapes Neo. Neo in the movies only sahowed potential. Never really did anything particularly specail.

Yes, because it's every day you stop bullets, dodge bullets, fly (at super speeds), jump super-duper high, have super strength, speed, agility and mastery of every known form of martial art.

Oh, and as Bardock pointed out, can take on entire armies of super beings. Na, nothing special about that.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2008 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

just like there is nothing special about precognition, or weilding a lightsaber and having full use of force powers.....yeah, thats sissy shit. shifty

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:08 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never said Luke wasn't a capable fighter. Neo also has some precognition too, maybe not as developed as a Jedi's, but it's there.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:11 PM
Darth Martin

Yes, because it's every day you stop bullets, dodge bullets, fly (at super speeds), jump super-duper high, have super strength, speed, agility and mastery of every known form of martial art.

Oh, and as Bardock pointed out, can take on entire armies of super beings. Na, nothing special about that.
You obviously know little about NJO Luke's capabilities. erm

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:11 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I was commenting on your sophomoric assessment of Neo, not how uber Luke is. Nice maneuver.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:15 PM
Darth Martin

Actually if we look at Neo and think of him being able to do anything in the Matrix that he wants this would be kinda even matched but going on what we see Luke do in EU and what Neo did in the movies Luke clearly has him outmatched.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:21 PM
Bardock42

Actually if we look at Neo and think of him being able to do anything in the Matrix that he wants this would be kinda even matched but going on what we see Luke do in EU and what Neo did in the movies Luke clearly has him outmatched.
Alright. I bring beating up at least 1000 Agents (superhuman fighters) at the same time to the table. What feat of NJO Luke raises this?

Also, sorry for incorrect Poker terms...I have no idea how to play that game.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 06:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

He'd have to match that feat, and then he could raise it with something else.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:18 PM
Trackz

then give some examples....but sice this is the movie section arent we only limited to the movies?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:37 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
then give some examples....but sice this is the movie section arent we only limited to the movies?
I don't think Impediment minds. Probably up to the thread starter...aka you.

From your original post (saying as demonstrated in the movies) Neo would **** him up big time.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:56 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Sanctuary

From your original post (saying as demonstrated in the movies) Neo would **** him up big time.

I want it to be as close as possible, so if luke needs the books sure

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:58 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Sanctuary

That was me. It's my sock account. Sorry 'bout that.

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
I want it to be as close as possible, so if luke needs the books sure

Again, I don't know how much NJO Luke pwns, but a Jedi with the powers Neo portrayed and is said to have just doesn't sound right.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 08:08 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never said Luke wasn't a capable fighter. Neo also has some precognition too, maybe not as developed as a Jedi's, but it's there.
you think if Neo were to try to take flight, and Luke were to sense it, Luke would be able to use the force to keep him from flying?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 11:14 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

you think if Neo were to try to take flight, and Luke were to sense it, Luke would be able to use the force to keep him from flying?

Maybe, but I doubt Neo would need to fly to defeat Luke.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 11:19 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe, but I doubt Neo would need to fly to defeat Luke.
Neo would have to get that saber away from Luke to have a chance.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 11:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Neo would have to get that saber away from Luke to have a chance.

Neo is fast enough to dodge an entire clip of machine gun bullets (travels at several thousand FPS), I think he can dodge a lightsaber.

Wait, is NJO Luke faster than a bullet?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 11:33 PM