KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Round (4-1): Psycho Gundam vs Symmetric Chaos

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Round (4-1): Psycho Gundam vs Symmetric Chaos
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
Yeah don't make delibrate statments of fact like this:

They both knew about the gems being in different areas since the first page, so I am only already restating whats been covered already. I am not delivering new information for them to use.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
drax the destroyer kept his gem in his stomach and pip kept his in between his toes, so thats false.

your plan has very little plausibility, wresting the gems off of juggernaut is suicide.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Those took concious decisions. The standard position in on the forehead. If you want Cain to pop the gems in his mouth more power to you but then they're just hanging in space for Pete to take.

Juggy won't even be moving relative to Pete. I can't imagine what sort of danger he might be in.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 15th, 2008 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:55 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

but you can't take them no matter what tactic is available to you.

the force field further negates your attempts, though your lack of mystical might is enough to deny you.

The forcefield that you have to consciously activate?

OK people let's get serious. Flash is far far far too fast for Cain to get a chance to think before he gets blitzed.

Between cities in the space of a thought:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...ThanThought.jpg

Disassembles a complex suit before the wearer can react (the helmet and gems will be much easier to remove):
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...hTakeApart2.jpg

Searches thousands of people in the time it takes a beam of light to travel less than five feet:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...s/flash1hu5.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...s/flash2zj8.jpg

Tears into WonderWoman:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/.../FlashBlitx.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...FlashBlitx2.jpg

Moves so fast he looks like an army:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...s/FlashArmy.jpg

There's really no conceivable way for Cain to react in the slightest way before Pete reaches him and takes away the gems and helmet leaving him totally vulnerable to BrainFry or T-vo.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:57 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Once. In a long forgotten comic that was never brought up or slightly alluded to ever again. Either he doesn't know how or he doesn't want to use the magic any more. If you put a more savvy mind behind the wheels there might be a case but Cain loves to hit stuff way too much to use magic.

Again unless reality itself unravels there's no way that Juggy will possess the gems long enough to use them at all. The helmet comes off in the same instant and T-vo (which Karnak would use even if Supes wouldn't) or Flash's brain fry KO Juggy for ten minutes.

It's very simple but a man who loves slugging it out with people is hardly going to teleport around wildly until he bumps into something.
this brain fry thing(though useless) seems to be less likely to turn up in a comic than juggernaut's magic abilities.

it won't work on juggernaut, cause it can't penetrate/harm him and his force field will slow supes down before he tries it.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:57 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Evangel94
They both knew about the gems being in different areas since the first page, so I am only already restating whats been covered already.
Just backing up your words with an example boss lady.

However, refrain from outright arguing with them, and limit it to informational questions only.

smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:58 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

The forcefield that you have to consciously activate?

OK people let's get serious. Flash is far far far too fast for Cain to get a chance to think before he gets blitzed.

Between cities in the space of a thought:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...ThanThought.jpg

Disassembles a complex suit before the wearer can react (the helmet and gems will be much easier to remove):
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...hTakeApart2.jpg

Searches thousands of people in the time it takes a beam of light to travel less than five feet:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...s/flash1hu5.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...s/flash2zj8.jpg

Tears into WonderWoman:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/.../FlashBlitx.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...FlashBlitx2.jpg

Moves so fast he looks like an army:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...s/FlashArmy.jpg

There's really no conceivable way for Cain to react in the slightest way before Pete reaches him and takes away the gems and helmet leaving him totally vulnerable to BrainFry or T-vo.

juggernaut doesn't know who he is facing, that is a perfect reason to activate his force field. the gem will back it as it backed his invulnerability even before the fight started.
and again, your tactics are deflected/slowed to a crawl.

you can't penetrate him, noone can.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:03 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Creshosk
Just backing up your words with an example boss lady.

smile

I see what your saying, and I agree. However, they already knew that little fact about the Infinity Gems, and restating what's been said already doesn't change anything. Plus, It related to my question in the sense of how is Superman going to take the gems if they aren't in the standard visible areas. Symmetric Chaos responded by posting scans of Karnak's ability to sense items, so I got my answer.

If I deliver new information that isn't common knowledge, then feel free to police me anytime. smile

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 15th, 2008 at 03:18 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:08 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

juggernaut doesn't know who he is facing, that is a perfect reason to activate his force field. the gem will back it as it backed his invulnerability even before the fight started.
and again, your tactics are deflected/slowed to a crawl.

you can't penetrate him, noone can.

You have no prep and thus no chance to activate the field. Even if you did, Flash with Superman's mass will be ridiculously more difficult to stop than Thor's hammer (which the field barely managed to stop). Besides people slower and weaker than Pete have taken Juggy's hat off.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:15 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

I see what your saying, and I agree. However, they already knew that little fact about the Infinity Gems, and restating what's been said doesn't change already anything. Plus, It related to my question in the sense of how is Superman going to take the gems if they aren't in the standard visible areas. Symmetric Chaos responded by posting scans of Karnak's ability to sense items, so I got my answer.

If I deliver new information that isn't common knowledge, then feel free to police me anytime. smile
So it's okay to repeat one of the contender's arguments, and that doesn't qualify as debating?

I mean its not new information after all.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:19 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

this brain fry thing(though useless) seems to be less likely to turn up in a comic than juggernaut's magic abilities.

it won't work on juggernaut, cause it can't penetrate/harm him and his force field will slow supes down before he tries it.

He did it to that giant.
He did it to a computer system.
He did it to Alchemist.
He did sped up his own thoughts until it overloaded Thinker (the same could be done to anyone else overloading them from the inside)
He did mentioned he could do it to his own brain in order to kill bacteria.
Prometheus noted that Flash's brain operates at a different frequency than normal people's (proving he can alter the speed of electron in his own brain)

Besides I'm not arguing what would happen in a comic. I'm talking about personality. Karnak presses ever advantage he uses his speed, his strength and his accuracy to their best every time he appears. Pete will have that same personality applied to all of the powers at his disposal.

On the other hand Cain simply doesn't use magic unless it makes him hard to stop.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:20 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

not when the field is up, and kmc/tournament rules make him activate it.
he won't let pride stop him from getting his fondest wish, nor will he let
anyone else take it from him.

and you can't harm the juggernaut no matter what you try, why say it?
instead of superman, you should have drafted a strong psychic or powerful magician cause superman's attacks are insufficient.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:20 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

He did it to that giant.
He did it to a computer system.
He did it to Alchemist.
He did sped up his own thoughts until it overloaded Thinker (the same could be done to anyone else overloading them from the inside)
He did mentioned he could do it to his own brain in order to kill bacteria.
Prometheus noted that Flash's brain operates at a different frequency than normal people's (proving he can alter the speed of electron in his own brain)

Besides I'm not arguing what would happen in a comic. I'm talking about personality. Karnak presses ever advantage he uses his speed, his strength and his accuracy to their best every time he appears. Pete will have that same personality applied to all of the powers at his disposal.

On the other hand Cain simply doesn't use magic unless it makes him hard to stop.
all the speedblitz is gonna do is get superman mocked.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:22 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

not when the field is up, and kmc/tournament rules make him activate it.
he won't let pride stop him from getting his fondest wish, nor will he let
anyone else take it from him.

It's not pride. It's a basic part of who he is.

KMC rules don't apply here. Only tourney rules do. Juggy is in character.

and you can't harm the juggernaut no matter what you try, why say it?
instead of superman, you should have drafted a strong psychic or powerful magician cause superman's attacks are insufficient.

You should accept that Pete has the powers that he has smile

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:24 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i accept them. but they are pointless without magical tampering, case in point: juggernaut vs thor.

thor needed to mess with his invulnerability to even think of harming him
which even he couldn't do. you don't have an iota of magic power so....

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:26 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

The debate period is over, so feel free to vote. This is a 24 hour match, and If there aren't any votes when the 24 hour deadline is up, then I may decide myself who should win based on what I've read so far from both participants. Or if there aren't a significant amount of votes, then I may either extend the voting time, or cast my own vote.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 15th, 2008 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:20 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Symmetric Chaos, allow me to pose another question for you. smile

I understand your argument about trying to defeat the Juggernaut in the opening seconds of the battle, but just to cover all the aspects of the battle here; if Juggernaut manages to get his forcefield up at the beginning of the battle, then what is your plan for defeating the Juggernaut and the two infinity gems he is using? Just curious.

I'd like to remind you victory can only be gained by:
quote:

#9 Victory is gained by killing, knocking unconscious, or immobilizing all of your opponents for 10 continuous minutes.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 15th, 2008 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:23 PM
Starscream M

it's almost a tie in my opinion...depending on whether Juggy gets his Forcefield up or not

there's literally not a damn thing psycho gundam's character can do to a character he will not even comprehend...and juggy's intellect( or lack thereof) will not allow him to properly take advantage of the space gem

on the other hand, Pete can't hurt juggy...and only option imo is to steal the gems for a victory

man, I give a very slight advantage to Pete

I will withhold my vote for the time being

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Last edited by Starscream M on Apr 15th, 2008 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:32 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Symmetric Chaos, allow me to pose another question for you. smile

I understand your argument about trying to defeat the Juggernaut in the opening seconds of the battle, but just to cover all the aspects of the battle here; if Juggernaut manages to get his forcefield up at the beginning of the battle, then what is your plan for defeating the Juggernaut and the two infinity gems he is using? Just curious.

I'd like to remind you victory can only be gained by:

If it does get up beforehand Pete (being a tactician) will back off and use perfectly targeted T-vo or Flash's ability to fry his opponent's brain.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:35 PM
Starscream M

If it does get up beforehand Pete (being a tactician) will back off and use perfectly targeted T-vo or Flash's ability to fry his opponent's brain.
doesnt that assume the forcefield will have a vulnerability that can be exploited? a pretty big assumption considering the power of Juggy's forcefield

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:38 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Master-Borg
doesnt that assume the forcefield will have a vulnerability that can be exploited? a pretty big assumption considering the power of Juggy's forcefield

T-vo and BrainFrying can be done at tremendous distance and involve no physical objects.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:39 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

he can't steal them because the (mystical) energy that imbues juggernaut with his powers is always bombarding him, just like superman's. and just like superman's, juggernaut's shield doesn't take time to come firth since it is comes from within and as on panel, the juggernaut's is not a bubble its rather a energy that emanates from his body.

plus the power gem makes him even more invulnerable, even if he didn't have the power of cyttorak coursing through him, he would still be invulnerable.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 08:39 PM