KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » STAR TREK: The Forum...

Star Trek forum?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes... 42 70.00%
No... 18 30.00%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAR TREK: The Forum...
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
when did people register for the star trek forums? stick out tongue

ok i got my geek wires crossed.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:14 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
People log on here to post in the conspiracy forum.

It's quite a claim to make that nobody would be motivated by a star trek forum, even if it was in addition to everything else, to create a KMC account.

yes but you cant compare the two since trekkies tend to be intelligent while conspiracy theorists tend to be batshit idiots.

on a side note, that forum was only created to clean up the gdf of copy/paste david iyke spam from deano and mr parker.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:16 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

thumb up

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:25 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Just no vs. forum. Otherwise, sounds good. Star Trek seems like it would have more of a fan base than a lot of other franchises.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm not a Star Trek fan so I can't say yes, plus...really, I haven't seen a huge amount of discussion about it that'd warrant a separate section. Though I haven't really bothered to search it out.

But fact of the matter is that a lot of the franchises that people want forums for, those forums die out.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:44 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Personally I am of the opinion the more forums the merrier.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 01:36 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer
I voted yes.

However; I will be entirely, bluntly honest here; I'm not a fan of Star Trek. I don't believe I've ever seen a single episode, and I know I've never watched any of the films.

However, the fanbase that Star Trek draws is considerable. Gargantuan, in fact.

I feel that it'd be supportable, even if I, myself, wouldn't partake.

What he said.

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 02:35 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

we all know who's opinions matter here

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 03:09 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

If we have forums for Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter and the Terminator series, I think that for that alone is justification enough for having a Star Trek one.

Not to mention Star Trek kicks ass and will only gain popularity as the new movie approaches.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 05:09 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have always loved Star Trek ever since City on the Edge of forever and Space Seed. Of course, I'm more partial TNG. I would certainly love a Star Trek forum and look forward to talking pure Trek in one. I am truly in favor of a Star Trek forum and I'll ask others to come and lend their support. As Worf says "Qapla"

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 05:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The current traffic on Star Trek isn' t big enough to warrant its own forum in my opinion. The Official Star Trek Thread has only generated 25 posts since its creation in January.

I' m wondering if the people who are voting yes would actually participate in such a forum.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 08:42 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'll support the idea. I'm actually a die hard Star Wars junkie, but Star Trek is an enjoyable series. I think that a forum would generate enough traffic to justify it's creation.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 10:37 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't understand the opposition to forums like the History forum. What's the big deal. Sure it didn't kick off in a way to become the biggest forum on KMC. But some people had a good time discussing some topics there, I can understand if it was like a big amount of work or really expensive, maybe I am missing something, but was it really?

Last edited by Bardock42 on Apr 24th, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 11:06 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Yes lets have a forum....i joined because of the comic book and versus section......but when i started to look around the site and got familiar with all the sections i was impressed, i never went in some threads but always thought how much it makes the whole site more grand and awe inspiring...i love star trek and would hope to find myself in such threads,but even if i were to not participate...i think its a good idea, i am not sure how the mods are effected......but when all is said and done,it deserves one...just on its history and what its done for many industries

I vote yes thumb up

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 01:01 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Troop
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
If we have forums for Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter and the Terminator series, I think that for that alone is justification enough for having a Star Trek one.

Not to mention Star Trek kicks ass and will only gain popularity as the new movie approaches.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 02:41 PM
Troop is currently offline Click here to Send Troop a Private Message Find more posts by Troop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

I strongly support this idea. I love Star Trek and all of its spin-offs and would be happy to discuss them anytime. My roommates and I have recently begun watching TNG (season six) on DVD. So many great stories!

So, yeah. I'll talk Trek.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:11 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

another vote from me. smile

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:34 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

One vote from me there should be a Star Trek forum here and kudos to Rauol for trying to gain support for a Trek forum. If there is a HP, POTC and Star Wars forum, then there should be a Trek forum to nuff said...

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:43 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Well there is a Smallville discussion and a Heroes discussion...Star Trek is way more popular than any of those programmes and the movies are also very popular

I personally don't like Star Trek but it totally deserves a discussion.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 08:04 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I own all of the Star Trek movies on DVD, but, admittedly, I don't own any of the series sets on DVD. However, I've always been fond of The Next Generation.

Personally, I don't know how we've ever gone without a Star Trek forum.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 08:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote