KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer

GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (81): « First ... « 79 80 [81]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hal has his own disrespect threads all over the web...

(please log in to view the image)

Oh Hal is carver level dumb, let's be honest.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 08:40 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by abhilegend
What are you talking about? Hal is more powerful because he has better feats in general.

Hal can simply do things that the Surfer can not. Does this mean that he is more powerful? Capable of no selling anything that the Surfer can bring? Are there things that the Surfer can do that Hal can not? Of course. Many of the feats that were shown had nothing to do with battle. Many were versatility stunts. Instead of showing Hal holding a building together with his power ring as an example, what exactly is it that automatically alludes to this easy victory over the Surfer? I don't give a shit about power stunts that are mainly accomplished based upon pure power set. Why can Hal defeat the Surfer with the ease that many seem to have agreed with?

He fought Zod. Is that above what the Surfer can do? I doubt it, but I'm curious all the same.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This is a Vs thread. Hulk can't do what Surfer does, doesn't mean we can't make a thread with the two fighting.

Besides, the PC enables one to do anything. The ring is limited only by the users willpower and imagination. There should be some comparable feats.

Then let's pull down the power set facade, and debate why Hal defeats Norrin, or vice verse.

The "he doesn't fight like that" is a deliberate handicap that was adopted in this thread and others concerning this very same topic.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 10:28 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Stoic
Hal can simply do things that the Surfer can not. Does this mean that he is more powerful? Capable of no selling anything that the Surfer can bring? Are there things that the Surfer can do that Hal can not? Of course. Many of the feats that were shown had nothing to do with battle. Many were versatility stunts. Instead of showing Hal holding a building together with his power ring as an example, what exactly is it that automatically alludes to this easy victory over the Surfer? I don't give a shit about power stunts that are mainly accomplished based upon pure power set. Why can Hal defeat the Surfer with the ease that many seem to have agreed with?

If Hal can do everything Surfer can but Surfer can't do everything Hal can, of course Hal is more powerful. Its not like I'm asking for Surfer to match Hal's construct creation.

Hal can easily beat Surfer because his power is greater than Surfer's. His energy blasts are more powerful, his constructs hit harder than Surfer does. Its that simple.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 10:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

How is Hal beating Surfer? Honest question.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 03:03 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by carver9
How is Hal beating Surfer? Honest question.

By blasting him, tiny tim. Hey you and Surfer share a common trait.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 03:20 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh Hal is carver level dumb, let's be honest.

Dumb, incompetent, walking meme material... and always falling into trees:

If Surfer throws a tree at Hal, Hal gets erased from comic existence and you won't even remember us having this conversation.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 03:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Dumb, incompetent, walking meme material... and always falling into trees:

If Surfer throws a tree at Hal, Hal gets erased from comic existence and you won't even remember us having this conversation.

Hal just makes a hammer.

GG.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 03:39 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

This scene never gets old, but it's not canon and Hal didn't need any help to get owned laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And, to be fair now, he did beat those South Americans.

Behold, never before posted in the whole history of KMC forums, the true power of Surfer:

Meanwhile, in Hal Jordan's universe of self-ownage:

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:26 PM
DarkSaint85

What if his board deserts him?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

This scene never gets old, but it's not canon and Hal didn't need any help to get owned laughing out loud

And, to be fair now, he did beat those South Americans.

Behold, never before posted in the whole history of KMC forums, the true power of Surfer:

Meanwhile, in Hal Jordan's universe of self-ownage:

I initially looked for the brick example but couldn't find it. Just replace hammer with brick.

And oh please, you're arguing Surfer is throwing trees in a featureless environment solely because of your anti DC bias, you're championing the penis-less one. That automatically means Hal wins.

Surfer has been poisoned too. Hal just conjures up Montezuma's revenge.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:45 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:45 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Delta1938
I initially looked for the brick example but couldn't find it. Just replace hammer with brick.

It was tossed by Karnak.

Who broke free from a Hulk-level prison using his... fingernail.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:47 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

It was tossed by Karnak.

Who broke free from a Hulk-level prison using his... fingernail.

So such an unimpressive feat from Karnak secures the W for Hal against the penis-less one.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 05:17 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Maybe he can beat Silver Eunuch.

But it's highly unlikely he can do it before he beats himself...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 05:50 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Maybe he can beat Silver Eunuch.

But it's highly unlikely he can do it before he beats himself...

If Hal wants to rub out a quickie before wrecking Surfer to mock Norrin over his lack of a penis, I'll just chalk it up to psychological warfare.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 05:59 PM
Stoic
Avenger

If Hal can do everything Surfer can but Surfer can't do everything Hal can, of course Hal is more powerful. Its not like I'm asking for Surfer to match Hal's construct creation.

Hal can easily beat Surfer because his power is greater than Surfer's. His energy blasts are more powerful, his constructs hit harder than Surfer does. Its that simple.

Based on actual combat against an opponent on the Surfer's level? All tiers have David vs Goliath outcomes where we see the classified as weaker character take the win from a vastly more powerful opponent. For example, Hal defeated Zod, but was it an easy win in your opinion? Zod being used here as a peer to Hal, or Surfer, in case you didn't understand. Do you think that the Surfer could do the same? Is there a possibility that the Surfer could all but nullify Hal's ability to hit him? I'm talking about the Surfers ability to become intangible. I know about Hal's win over that version of Krona, but there was a time that the Surfer was stated to rival Galactus in power. He was pissed to the point of OOC, but he was able to raise his power levels. I'm just of the opinion that a battle between these two wouldn't be a cakewalk for either.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 09:34 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Stoic
Based on actual combat against an opponent on the Surfer's level? All tiers have David vs Goliath outcomes where we see the classified as weaker character take the win from a vastly more powerful opponent.

Huh?
quote:

For example, Hal defeated Zod, but was it an easy win in your opinion? Zod being used here as a peer to Hal, or Surfer, in case you didn't understand. Do you think that the Surfer could do the same?

Beat Zod? Why does that matter? That's a routine work for Hal.
quote:

Is there a possibility that the Surfer could all but nullify Hal's ability to hit him? I'm talking about the Surfers ability to become intangible. I know about Hal's win over that version of Krona, but there was a time that the Surfer was stated to rival Galactus in power. He was pissed to the point of OOC, but he was able to raise his power levels. I'm just of the opinion that a battle between these two wouldn't be a cakewalk for either.

Where was Surfer stated to rival Galactus? Galactus has always dismissed Surfer like a fly.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 05:43 AM
Booya_69

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 06:38 AM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote