KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

First of all, the notion that my guys won’t be ready to react because they have a plan is ridiculous. In a battle, you’re ready for anything, plans change and adapt as the situation changes, they wouldn’t follow it at the cost of their own lives. And about the Surfer/Redshift scan, Redshift was distracted by the fight with Surfer and that’s why he couldn’t see the spatial wave coming. Also, that scan proves Redshift has dealt with that attack before and with experience comes wisdom. It’s safe to say that he’d be ready for such an attack. More to the point those scans show NO ability to generate a timed explosion. That’s really reaching and it seems your whole strategy relies on that being super effective. And you said even if the attack failed, Adaptoid would be right behind it flying at FTKL speed; well that would put SA right in the middle of Redshifts portal, which my team is behind. There is NO way you’re ramming Terrax. The moment you come around the portal, Morg, Terrax, or Stardust would slice your board in half.

And about Surfer being stronger than any two of my guys, that’s ridiculous. Morg is superior strength wise and all my team members have fought Surfer 1 on 1 in the past and they have all the same abilities that power cosmic grants Surfer. Working as a team after having fought a suped up Juggernaut and a suped up Nate Gray would make them ready for a single strong opponent - by now it’s their specialty. And Surfer isn’t so far above my guys that he could take on all of them, and that’s why you need the spatial wave to succeed.

With regards to Silver Adaptoid’s mind, yes, you get full knowledge of your powers, but that doesn’t mean you will use them as well as the original would or have the imagination/insight to come up with new tactics using those powers. What do you think the point of the “mind” part of the amalgam is? Characters will act in character, and depending on who’s in charge, it can be an advantage or it can prove fatal.

Which brings me to my next point. With characters acting in character, why would Super Adaptoid create a huge opening explosion with out even knowing who he’s up against. It’s not logical to waste that much energy on an unknown opponent. You’re writing your strategy as if SA knows exactly who he’s dealing with but he doesn’t. Super Adaptoid would not open the battle with such a plan, it just doesn’t make sense. Yes he has full knowledge of his powers, however you’re taking two separate instances and making an assumption that combining them would equal some amazing unblockable attack. Adaptoid is just not that creative and like I said, such an opening would be illogical to Adaptoid. You didn’t buy knowledge of the opposition and without that there’s not much you can prep for specifically. You’re writing your plan as if SA knows who he’s fighting and that’s not happening.

And here is SA being defeated once again because, like Cap says, he lacks the human element. He doesn’t have the imagination and fighting spirit that pushes him beyond his limits.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
In practice, giving Surfer SA’s mind is more of a hindrance than a help.

And finally, how many templates are you trying to utilize at once? You have Herc’s strength, Lex’s powersuit, Cap’s shield, Black Knight’s weapons and you’re trying to then copy the powers of my heralds? You’ve said yourself that:
quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm pretty sure that SA can only use the abilities of 2 or 3 templates max(at one time anyway), and I don't think any of the templates available put him completely out of WWH's league. In fact I'm pretty sure that WWH took down more powerful people than the majority of SA's templates provide. I think this could actually be a pretty damn good fight...

2 or 3 templates, he’s never shown the ability you’re pulling out now, which is 5 or more.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:21 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

And as for your post talking about the weaknesses of my heralds, well that would be important if you were fighting each of my heralds one on one. My team keeping SA on his toes does not equate them standing there and watching their brothers get taken down. They’ll be hitting and running, striking from behind, and lending support so no one character will be fighting long enough to be defeated. Surfer my be a lot stronger then Terrax, but if Terrax impaled Surfer from behind while he was tired up with Morg, Surfer’s going to feel it. SA cannot fight this battle on his terms because he won’t get a chance. Too many targets moving in and out of battle and striking when he’s not ready. Surfer is certainly powerful, but he’s not so far above my team that he can handle them all. With his initial attack failing, he’s going down.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:30 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by 12345678910
**** you. smile

To tell you how ****ing bad your tourney is that's reason enough for me.

We know who you are unfortunately, no need to sign your posts, your not worthwhile enough to do it anyway.

You ****ing fail.

I think it's sad that you go from server to server in order to continue posting on KMC even after getting banned so many times. You're like a sad ghost. You will never be taken seriously, and your opinion will never matter. How many more fake user names must your create before you realize that?

You're just a spectacle, a joke, that people see one morning and forget the next. That's why you keep creating user names, isn't it? In order to keep reminding people that you're still around. People will remember this tournament. What will they remember you for? In the end, your opinion has no lasting effect and no staying power. For that, I truly pity you.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 13th, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:37 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Evangel94
I think it's sad that you go from proxy server to proxy server in order to continue posting on KMC even after getting banned so many times. You're like a sad ghost. You will never be taken seriously, and your opinion will never matter. How many more proxy servers will it take, and how many more fake user names must your create before you realize that?

You're just a spectacle, a joke, that people see one morning and forget the next. That's why you keep creating user names, isn't it? In order to keep reminding people that you're still around. People will remember this tournament. What will they remember you for? In the end, your opinion has no lasting effect and no staying power. For that, I truly pity you.

-Evangel94
"You're like a sad ghost". i gotta say, that's ownage.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:40 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Evangel94
I think it's sad that you go from server to server in order to continue posting on KMC even after getting banned so many times. You're like a sad ghost. You will never be taken seriously, and your opinion will never matter. How many more fake user names must your create before you realize that?

-Evangel94
lol i'm sure he'll respond to that

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 14th, 2008 12:59 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Typhus
First of all, the notion that my guys won’t be ready to react because they have a plan is ridiculous. In a battle, you’re ready for anything, plans change and adapt as the situation changes, they wouldn’t follow it at the cost of their own lives.

The fact that your team already has a preset plan they were in the process of executing just just seals the deal, the simple fact of the matter is that none of your team has ever shown the ability to react to something like that in the first place.

And about the Surfer/Redshift scan, Redshift was distracted by the fight with Surfer and that’s why he couldn’t see the spatial wave coming. Also, that scan proves Redshift has dealt with that attack before and with experience comes wisdom. It’s safe to say that he’d be ready for such an attack.

Proof that’s the reason why and that he now has a counter for it in mind?

More to the point those scans show NO ability to generate a timed explosion. That’s really reaching and it seems your whole strategy relies on that being super effective.

These scans DO show Surfer’s ability to create a timed explosion…
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfeiv2.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfeay7.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfekp8.jpg

And to back it up here’s Dr, Doom setting up a timed effect when he had the Surfer’s Power Cosmic…
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/...evolutiohh0.jpg

And you said even if the attack failed, Adaptoid would be right behind it flying at FTKL speed; well that would put SA right in the middle of Redshifts portal, which my team is behind. There is NO way you’re ramming Terrax. The moment you come around the portal, Morg, Terrax, or Stardust would slice your board in half.

What makes you think I’ll have to go around the portal when I can teleport…
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/...rsurfer1tl0.jpg

You forget my intention is to head strait for Terrax. I won’t be going around the portal I’ll be teleporting past it and slam right into Terrax(as was my intention).

And about Surfer being stronger than any two of my guys, that’s ridiculous. Morg is superior strength wise and all my team members have fought Surfer 1 on 1 in the past and they have all the same abilities that power cosmic grants Surfer.

I didn’t say that Surfer was stronger than any two of your guy put together, I said that the Silver Adaptoid is stronger than any two of your guys put together(and he is).

Working as a team after having fought a suped up Juggernaut and a suped up Nate Gray would make them ready for a single strong opponent - by now it’s their specialty. And Surfer isn’t so far above my guys that he could take on all of them, and that’s why you need the spatial wave to succeed.

Surfer doesn’t have to be strong enough to beat all of them because Surfer’s not in this fight. You’re facing someone with all of Surfer’s power, plus the power of Herc and Lex with the skills and equipment of Cap and the Black Knight, so yeah he’s strong enough to beat them even without the spatial wave(since he‘s too tough to hurt and has the strength and equipment to one shot anyone on your team).

With regards to Silver Adaptoid’s mind, yes, you get full knowledge of your powers, but that doesn’t mean you will use them as well as the original would or have the imagination/insight to come up with new tactics using those powers. What do you think the point of the “mind” part of the amalgam is? Characters will act in character, and depending on who’s in charge, it can be an advantage or it can prove fatal.

Wrong it means I can do anything Surfer can do just as well as he can. The difference is that he lacks Surfer’s ability to be innovative. But here’s the thing, you’re making my plan out to be so complex that it would require a lot of imagination to come up with and it’s not. The whole spatial energy wave is just a fancy name for a big energy blast so what makes you think he couldn’t come up with it?

Which brings me to my next point. With characters acting in character, why would Super Adaptoid create a huge opening explosion with out even knowing who he’s up against. It’s not logical to waste that much energy on an unknown opponent. You’re writing your strategy as if SA knows exactly who he’s dealing with but he doesn’t. Super Adaptoid would not open the battle with such a plan, it just doesn’t make sense.

It’s not a waste of power because he’ll be replenishing his energy with the Nega Bands, so it makes perfect sense for him to use that much energy. So far in this tournament he’s faced off against a Waverider/Metron amalgam, a team with Thor and the Doctor on it(along with Reed and Lex), and a Zoom/Dr. Strange Amalgam so he knows the level of the competition. The mind of Super Adaptoid doesn’t really like to toy with opponents unless it’s to further a plan, he likes to take opponents out as quickly and efficiently as possible and goes for an opening “cheap shot“ whenever he can…
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/...sv128913eo8.jpg

Yes he has full knowledge of his powers, however you’re taking two separate instances and making an assumption that combining them would equal some amazing unblockable attack. Adaptoid is just not that creative and like I said, such an opening would be illogical to Adaptoid.

If he came into the situation thinking something like…

“My bomb didn’t work in the first round because the energy type didn’t effect my opponent”

What would be the more logical than for him to think…
“Maybe I should use an energy type that effects a wider range of opponents”?

You didn’t buy knowledge of the opposition and without that there’s not much you can prep for specifically. You’re writing your plan as if SA knows who he’s fighting and that’s not happening.

No I’m writing my plan as if I survived the previous rounds. With my uber “Adaptoid Army” plan(which is nearly identical to a plan he already attempted) from rounds one and two barred, I switched to the Time Bomb” strategy in round three, and it makes sense because Digi used a similar attack in round 2 and as you said the Super Adaptoid’s mind isn’t that original(come to think of it, he pretty much “adapted” the plan from Digi). When the blast didn’t work because of the energy type to one with a broader target range.

Now you want to tell me how you see that as anything OTHER than the natual progression of a plan for someone with Super Adaptoid’s mind?

And here is SA being defeated once again because, like Cap says, he lacks the human element. He doesn’t have the imagination and fighting spirit that pushes him beyond his limits.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
In practice, giving Surfer SA’s mind is more of a hindrance than a help.

Yeah… in a fight between opponents are equal in every respect other than one of them as imagination and “fighting spirit” the one with spirit is going to win because he has something the other is lacking even though it’s a relatively minute difference. But this isn’t really a situation like that because my guy is strong/powerful enough to one shot any of your team, and he’s to fast/skilled/durable for any of them to hurt.

And finally, how many templates are you trying to utilize at once? You have Herc’s strength, Lex’s powersuit, Cap’s shield, Black Knight’s weapons and you’re trying to then copy the powers of my heralds? You’ve said yourself that:

2 or 3 templates, he’s never shown the ability you’re pulling out now, which is 5 or more.

Oh that’s right you weren’t here in round one when I explained all that. As Hank Pym explains in this scan...

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?...17625832hc0.jpg

...the reason Super Adaptoid is limited in the number of people who's powers he can copy at once is because Super Adaptoid's body can only store/channel so much energy at a time. But the Silver Adaptoid doesn't have the body of SA, he has the body of Surfer and Surfer's body was MADE to store/channel unreal amounts of energy so I can access far more abilities at once than SA without overloading. Given the fact that after Surfer received his Black Body upgrade during the Unilord Saga(an upgrade he still possesses) he was able to store enough energy to combat an Elder God/Abstract level character on equal footing, I think it’s safe to say that he can handle the energies from the four templates I‘m using.

Last edited by darthgoober on May 14th, 2008 at 01:29 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:20 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

And as for your post talking about the weaknesses of my heralds, well that would be important if you were fighting each of my heralds one on one.

They’re attacking one on one, and that’s a major mistake because my character is strong enough with the appropriate equipment to one shot ANY of them.
My team keeping SA on his toes does not equate them standing there and watching their brothers get taken down. They’ll be hitting and running, striking from behind, and lending support so no one character will be fighting long enough to be defeated.

Hitting and running isn’t really an option for you. Not only is Surfer’s speed/reflexes FAR superior to anyone on your team he also has the equipment and skills of Captain America and the Black Knight working for him.

Surfer my be a lot stronger then Terrax, but if Terrax impaled Surfer from behind while he was tired up with Morg, Surfer’s going to feel it.

Terrax will never get the chance because he’s my first target.

SA cannot fight this battle on his terms because he won’t get a chance.

Sure I will. In a “best case scenario” for your team they’re going to be dealing with the energy wave when I come zipping in to kill Terrax before your team even knows what happened. In a worst case scenario(which is actually more likely since none of your team has the feats to support their being able to react) your team is going to be plastered against the dome for the opening seconds of the match and I’ll have to of them dead before anyone can scrape themselves off.

Too many targets moving in and out of battle and striking when he’s not ready. Surfer is certainly powerful, but he’s not so far above my team that he can handle them all. With his initial attack failing, he’s going down.

Again you’re trying top act like you’re just facing Surfer and that’s false. The Silver Adaptoid is far more than just Surfer, for all intents and purposes Surfer+Hercules+Lex’s Power Suit(until it’s replaced with Terrax)+Captain America+Black Knight, that gives me everything I need to take down anyone on your team in a matter of SECONDS.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:20 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Darth outprepped, outgunned and outdebated his opponent.

Vote: Goob.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

not sure the plan would go exactly as he expected, but SA is simply too much for these guys. they might hurt him and make him work for it a little bit, but in the end he's too much.

vote goob.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:19 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Doesn't the voting period end in like an hour? More judges should speak up...

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:33 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i am still waiting for morg and stardust to be decicivly beaten, terrax and red shift have been debated thoroughly but morg and stardust are top teir heralds.

Last edited by psycho gundam on May 14th, 2008 at 02:47 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:44 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by psycho gundam
i am still waiting for morg and stardust to be decicivly beaten, terrax and red shift have been debated thoroughly but morg and stardust are top teir heralds.

By me or Typhuse because I already addressed them...
Originally posted by darthgoober
Since no one’s started judging yet I just thought I’d take some time to address the whole “One Herald vs. Four” stance. Simply put all Heralds are not created equal, and both Terrax and Red Shift are a joke in comparison of Surfer.

Terrax has been consistently portrayed as Surfer’s b*tch and has exactly ONE impressive feat to his credit(destroying a planet). He lacks intelligence and finesse and has an inferior level of the Power Cosmic than the Surfer. Just take a look at this scene where Terrax’s plans are thwarted by simple transmutation…
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/...rv309717dj2.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/...rv309718if7.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/...30971920fj0.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/...rv309721oi2.jpg

Either…

A. Terrax lacks transmutation powers of his own just as he lack‘s the other heralds ability to fly(or he could have simply recreated the treasure)

Or

B. Terrax HAS transmutation powers and is just so dumb he forgot about them.

Either way you look at it, Terrax isn’t even in Surfer’s league, let alone some who has all of Sufer’s powers plus the combined strength and durability of Hercules and Lex’s suit(as well as the suits other abilities), and uber offensive/defensive weapon like Cap’s shield and Cap‘s skill at using it, an uber mystic weapon like the Sword of Light and Black Knight’s skill at using it.

Now we’ll move on to Stardust, since he was my designated second target. Now I’m willing to give credit where credit’s due and acknowledge that Stardust is on Surfer’s level, but being on Surfer’s level doesn’t mean you’re Surfer’s equal(just ask Firelord). When you get right down to it, Stardust strait up lacks the feats to place him as Surfer’s equal(maybe close, but no cigar). The most important thing to remember though is that Stardust is an energy being, and as I’ve already shown(but am about to show again) Cap’s shield wrecks havoc on characters made up of energy…
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/...3022pageua0.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/...3022pagesm3.jpg

One or two shots from Cap’s shield will cause more than enough damage to Stardust for the Silver Adaptoid to do something like this(assuming Stardust doesn’t go down to the shield itself, which seems to be the most likely scenario)
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...mic/surfer3.jpg

As for Red Shift, even though he’s more impressive than Terrax he’s still a far cry from Surfer in terms of raw power. Take a look at this scene where Surfer resist the power of Red Shift’s black hole, rebuilds and repowers the high tech armor of Alicia, breaches the Hypersphere, and then goes on to fight and defeat Red Shift WITHOUT his board(which he’s powering and guiding through hyperspace during the battle)
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/...ourer213tv6.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/...ourer214bp5.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...urer215sli0.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/93...ourer217yj3.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...ourer218wg5.jpg

I think it’s safe to say that Surfer alone has Red Shift beaten hands down in overall power department.And again my guy has all of Surfer’s powers plus the combined strength and durability of Hercules and Lex’s suit(as well as the suits other abilities), and uber offensive/defensive weapon like Cap’s shield and Cap‘s skill at using it, an uber mystic weapon like the Sword of Light and Black Knight’s skill at using it.

That just leaves Morg and like Stardust, I DO credit him with being somewhere on Surfer’s level. But like also Stardust just being on Surfer’s level doesn’t make you Surfer’s equal. Morg’s raw power is impressive, but he’s really just a more powerful version of Terrax, all brawn with no brain to back it. That isn’t necessarily a hindrance when you’re as powerful as Morg but as this fight clearly demonstrates, Surfer has Morg beaten in raw power as well as finesse…

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0722sr0.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/73...nual0723jk8.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0724mt8.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/46...nual0725nb7.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0726do3.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/67...nual0727mo1.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0728ag4.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...nual0729kk3.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...ual07303ff4.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...nual0732ry8.jpg

My character is FAR more powerful than the Surfer alone, and Surfer himself has each of my opponents beaten on both power and versatility. All it’s going to take is one touch to add my opponents powers to my own and it’ll increase that gap even further.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:49 AM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Again, you’re planning like SA knows the ins and outs of my team, He doesn’t know who he’s fighting. Why does he assume Terrax is the weakest in my team and target him out first? He teleports to a member of my team (who are all defending behind a portal) and he’s in the middle of four blade wielding opponents. He’s not so fast that Terrax will be dead before my team can act, now you’re greatly overestimating your character.

Best case scenario for you would be getting the drop on who you hope is the weakest opponent and get in a hit before you’re jumped but the rest of my team. Worst case scenario you’re too drained from the attack to follow up, and as you’re recharging your energy, My team rushes you and demolishes SA with minimal struggle.

Look, my guys aren’t going to fight you in a series of one on ones, that’s not what I meant. That’s not tactically sound and really out of character. I meant that when one of my team needs a breather, he’ll have the freedom to pull out and recharge because there’s still 3 others to keep Adaptoid busy. And ‘keep busy’ is being generous. Once his board is destroyed, while he’s busy exchanging hits with Morg - Terrax, Redshift, or Stardust can come in from behind and drive their weapon right between SA’s shoulder blades.

And again, all your scans are of Silver Surfer, and now even a scan of Doctor Doom using Silver Surfer’s powers. It just isn’t relevant. The way Doom and Surfer use the powers are different than the way a clinical machine mind will. In that same line of thought, I could claim that all my characters can do similar feats because they have all been granted the power cosmic, it just doesn’t work that way. He can use all of Surfers powers, but not apply them the way more creative minds such as Surfer and Doom can.

And as for your claim that with Surfer’s body his ability to use templates is greatly increased, well I see no proof that Surfer’s Body has THAT much more power than Adaptoid’s. Surfer has run out of energy before and with him expending so much energy in the opening attack, copying weapons and templates, and fighting 4 heralds, he’s going to wear himself out. As for the instantly recharging the nega-bands, I find that hard to believe to say the least without a scan. After the initial attack, he’ll be too drained to charge in, or, if he does charge at that power, he will be crushed.

And speaking of the templates, giving yourself the strength of Herc would actually make you weaker, since Silver Surfer is already stronger. The strength is not exponential or scaled, that just makes you easier to defeat. Also, using Cap’s shield to destroy Stardust is extremely presumptuous when Beta Ray Bill’s enchanted hammer could do little to Stardust. At best he was ‘destroyed’ and reformed in a matter on minutes. And when you take into consideration the fact that the shield is a copy of Caps and not the original, that makes it even more far fetched. I’m sticking with the scan that shows SA says his copy of the Quantum Bands are inferior.

Like I said, if my team stood around and watched as you killed them in a series of one v ones, then undoubtedly SA would win. But that’s simply not the case. Your plan relies on infinite energy and a divide and conquer battle plan which is not going to happen with my team.

(And one sec, gathering my Morg and Stardust scans)

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:58 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

(for goob's post)

i know the surfer can defeat them all single handedly but the only REAL factor is if the adaptoid can permanently rid of a herald he attacks quickly enough to avoid getting triple teamed by the unoccupied heralds?

for me, the only thing holding my vote for you is the speed in which SA can dispatch his opponents to lessen their numbers because he gets their abilities when he mimics them, not their added power to his own.

Last edited by psycho gundam on May 14th, 2008 at 03:09 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:05 AM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Here, Morg practically one shots Silver Surfer:
Having SA’s mind does not make him exponentially stronger, it grants him more abilities, however he still has Surfer’s durability. Morg can take Surfer, and now Morg has backup, SA is going down.

And as I’ve said, Stardust can reform his body with minimal effort:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Stardust is not getting taken out by a copy of Cap’s shield. Here we see a Mjolnir copy could not prevent him from reforming.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:16 AM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

And here, SA has absorbed Warbird’s flight, yet cannot control it anywhere NEAR as well as she can, which allows Spiderman to own him.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
So to reiterate, YES he has the powers, but NO it does not make him anywhere near as adept at using them as the person he copied them from.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:22 AM
darthgoober

Again, you’re planning like SA knows the ins and outs of my team, He doesn’t know who he’s fighting. Why does he assume Terrax is the weakest in my team and target him out first? He teleports to a member of my team (who are all defending behind a portal) and he’s in the middle of four blade wielding opponents. He’s not so fast that Terrax will be dead before my team can act, now you’re greatly overestimating your character.

In case you missed it I had the Super Adaptoid use the Cosmic Awareness of Surfer to pick up details on your team, and as Surfer demonstrates here powers/abilities and such ARE picked up by his Cosmic Awareness…
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/...99600411no5.jpg
So I WILL know the abilities of your team.

And his ability to read energy signatures
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/...vil28116hz4.jpg

Means that I’ll know that Terrsx has less power than the rest of your team.

And again if your team already has a plan they are moving to execute and have to suddenly stop and deal with the spatial energy wave, what makes you think any of them are going to be available to save Terrax when I do something like this to him…
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7915/ff26013zt6.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/...ors01712rs1.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/...ors01713uv2.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/...ors01716ep3.jpg

And what makes you think Terrax will be able to do anything AT ALL to prevent given his obvious vulnerability to Surfer’s speed?

Best case scenario for you would be getting the drop on who you hope is the weakest opponent and get in a hit before you’re jumped but the rest of my team. Worst case scenario you’re too drained from the attack to follow up, and as you’re recharging your energy, My team rushes you and demolishes SA with minimal struggle.

No in a best case scenario(from my POV) would be plowing into Terrax while your team is plastered against the dome from the spatial energy wave. The worst case scenario would be your reacting to the wave and me having to teleport past your portal before slamming Terrax into the dome at a 1000x lightspeed and pinning him to the dome like he does Durok(who’s stronger than Thor) here…
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...hor19317sy8.jpg

Touch him while he’s pinned(since touch instantly adapts powers), and then decapitate him with the Sword of Light. Total elapse time before Terrax‘s death= 3 seconds, and that’s in the BEST case scenario for your team.

Look, my guys aren’t going to fight you in a series of one on ones, that’s not what I meant. That’s not tactically sound and really out of character. I meant that when one of my team needs a breather, he’ll have the freedom to pull out and recharge because there’s still 3 others to keep Adaptoid busy. And ‘keep busy’ is being generous. Once his board is destroyed, while he’s busy exchanging hits with Morg - Terrax, Redshift, or Stardust can come in from behind and drive their weapon right between SA’s shoulder blades.

One of your team will never get the chance for a breather because they’re not going to last that long due to my superior strength, speed, skill, and equipment. There’s not a single person on your team with the POSSIBLE exception of Stardust that I can’t one shot.

And again, all your scans are of Silver Surfer, and now even a scan of Doctor Doom using Silver Surfer’s powers. It just isn’t relevant. The way Doom and Surfer use the powers are different than the way a clinical machine mind will. In that same line of thought, I could claim that all my characters can do similar feats because they have all been granted the power cosmic, it just doesn’t work that way. He can use all of Surfers powers, but not apply them the way more creative minds such as Surfer and Doom can.

Aren’t you basing your characters abilities off of Surfer’s though? I haven’t seen a single speed feat and you’re automatically assuming they can react to the opening blast…

And here’s an example of the difference between Surfer using Surfer’s powers and SXA using Surfer’s powers.

Surfer can evolve life and transmute creatures into other creatures right? Now since I have full knowledge of how to use Surfer’s powers I could do both of those things just as well but unlike Surfer I couldn’t steer the evolution/transmutation to create an entirely different species because I lack the creativity to come up with one.

All I’m doing is setting up a blast I KNOW is within my capabilities and switching out one type of energy for another more efficient type, there’s no creativity needed for that.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:42 AM
darthgoober

And as for your claim that with Surfer’s body his ability to use templates is greatly increased, well I see no proof that Surfer’s Body has THAT much more power than Adaptoid’s. Surfer has run out of energy before and with him expending so much energy in the opening attack, copying weapons and templates, and fighting 4 heralds, he’s going to wear himself out. As for the instantly recharging the nega-bands, I find that hard to believe to say the least without a scan. After the initial attack, he’ll be too drained to charge in, or, if he does charge at that power, he will be crushed.

It’s not how much power the body HAS, it’s the amount the body can STORE. And as his fight with the Unilord demonstrates, after his Black Body upgrade his capacity to store energy became quite significant…
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/...99611922ul0.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99611923le1.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/...99612002kb9.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/...61200304ar0.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612005tq1.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612007cr5.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/...99612008ga1.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612009hj6.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612010pk6.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612011hw4.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612012wc8.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/...99612013xu7.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612014ct1.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612015ie6.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/...99612016mg5.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612017sa9.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612018yr5.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612019ue0.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...99612020py0.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/...99612021sh1.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612022ft5.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/...99612023yp9.jpg

As for recharging with the Nega Bands, here’s a scan to prove it…
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/...vel05816tg5.jpg

And speaking of the templates, giving yourself the strength of Herc would actually make you weaker, since Silver Surfer is already stronger. The strength is not exponential or scaled, that just makes you easier to defeat. Also, using Cap’s shield to destroy Stardust is extremely presumptuous when Beta Ray Bill’s enchanted hammer could do little to Stardust. At best he was ‘destroyed’ and reformed in a matter on minutes. And when you take into consideration the fact that the shield is a copy of Caps and not the original, that makes it even more far fetched. I’m sticking with the scan that shows SA says his copy of the Quantum Bands are inferior.

Surfer’s got Herc beat in most categories, but pure strength isn’t one of them. Herc’s strength is the equal of Thor, and both Thor and Herc’s strength feats trump Surfer’s. Plus it’s not even just the strength of Herc at my disposal, I also have the strength of Lex’s suit from my match with Digi added to it…
Originally posted by DigiMark007
First, the icing. We’ll get to the cake in a second. I assume everyone has seen this suit by now:
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?...49114770og6.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?...42395303vq2.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?...72171293jt0.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10ku3.jpg
Lex will outfit himself with one, since he’s just a human otherwise. Similarly, The Doctor will copy it and make copies for both himself and Reed, so that they have some protection beyond their other powers.

The Doctor will alter the suit’s blasts, since K-nite radiation blasts won’t do much against Surfer. Something more traditional. For example:
http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=116xg.jpg

Like I said, if my team stood around and watched as you killed them in a series of one v ones, then undoubtedly SA would win. But that’s simply not the case. Your plan relies on infinite energy and a divide and conquer battle plan which is not going to happen with my team.

I need neither infinite energy nor a divide and conquer approach to win, because your team outright lacks the power to put down someone with my defenses and none of them are tough enough to survive a single shot from Cap’s shield or the Sword of light when it’s backed by the combined strength of Herc and Lex’s suit.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:43 AM
King Kandy

I'm voting for Typhus. Sorry goob but his plan simply seemed to be more likely to occur. He put doubt into my mind about just what Super Adaptoid can accomplish, and you did not adequately explain away those fears.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:52 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by leonidas
not sure the plan would go exactly as he expected, but SA is simply too much for these guys. they might hurt him and make him work for it a little bit, but in the end he's too much.

vote goob.

My thoughts, word for word.

With a little less capitalization than I'd use, but close enough.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:55 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote