KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)

Wolverine (finally! The Revamped Respect Thread!)
Started by: jinzin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 77 78 [79] 80 81 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 02:46 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, I had that scene in mind thumb up Thanks for posting, the links in this thread might be dead.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 02:56 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Not as dead as wolverine

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 12:59 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 02:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I had that scene in mind thumb up Thanks for posting, the links in this thread might be dead.

There is no might be, they are dead. Every one of the links in the first two pages are dead. BTW, do you have scans of these-
"""Wolverine gets a bar hit over his head; Ignoring it's effect, he easily bends it around the neck of one of his assailants""" & """Wolverine throws a lion"""
They are the only ones missing from my collection of Wolverine's strength feats

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Last edited by HulkIsHulk on Apr 19th, 2015 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 07:49 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Here's the lion feat:

It's from Wolverine - The Amazing Immortal Man and Other Bloody Tales one-shot.

As for the other feat... I only have the first page:

After that, Logan smiles and says that he actually felt that.

What issue has that Wolverine/Daredevil team-up happened in?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 09:00 PM
HulkIsHulk

What issue has that Wolverine/Daredevil team-up happened in?

Judging from the art and inking style, its either DD#196 or DD#248-#249.
Fun fact:Many comic book fans have said the latter was the beginning of the infamous Wolverine publicity appearances. The same month he appeared in two books of Alpha flight and one of Punisher and one of Spidey apparently. 5+ appearances in the same month was big at that time

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 08:43 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Your first guess was correct, issue 196 smile

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Fun fact:Many comic book fans have said the latter was the beginning of the infamous Wolverine publicity appearances. The same month he appeared in two books of Alpha flight and one of Punisher and one of Spidey apparently. 5+ appearances in the same month was big at that time

Whoa, didn't know that.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 06:40 PM
HulkIsHulk

Oops, forgot to ask about Wolverine ripping out bars

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:37 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 01:32 AM
HulkIsHulk

Now I add some myself:
Credit for some of these images goes to Thomas from Moviecodec and Hulk Power from Herochat. For some I am using Jinzin's descriptions with slight modifications:
Wolverine is seen curling an upwards of 300 plus pounds, while trying to forget about Sabretooth:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...uspoundsma0.jpg
Wolverine effortlessly beats a large muscular man in an arm wrestling competition:
http://cookbob.files.wordpress.com/...rmwrestling.jpg
Despite having no leverage due to being in water and not having fully healed from being burned by lava, Wolverine tosses Black Cat onto a flying helicopter with one hand:
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogge...lverine%201.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogge...olverin%202.jpg
Wolverine picks a man up with one hand and snaps his neck with the effort of that of a twig:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...necksnapgn9.jpg
With his bare hands, Wolverine snaps the neck of an attacking DINOSAUR:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...necksnapgg0.jpg

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 05:34 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Btw, do you have the recent feat of powerless Logan punching Thor in the face, making him drop the guy he was holding? It was that bar fight thing.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 11:22 AM
HulkIsHulk

thumb up

Btw, do you have the recent feat of powerless Logan punching Thor in the face, making him drop the guy he was holding? It was that bar fight thing.

Do you know the issue? I haven't got much recent comics, but I could try and get it

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 08:52 AM
HulkIsHulk

Credit for the scans got to K-M:
A powerless Northstar drops a guy using nerve strikes he learned from Wolverine:
http://s47.photobucket.com/user/A_F...ar4p21.jpg.html
http://s47.photobucket.com/user/A_F...ar4p22.jpg.html

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 09:08 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Do you know the issue? I haven't got much recent comics, but I could try and get it

After he got that eye scar from Creed - new arc when he got the tattoo. Can't check atm, I'm on my shitty phone.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 09:31 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine v6 #5, Cornell's run.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 12:14 PM
carver9

That's all you had to do was ask me Stilt. I own all. smile

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...vl9sgu.png.html

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 02:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes, that's it. Huge thanks, carver thumb up

There was also another time Logan punched Thor, in some Avengers title, I think. Where he was sporting that yellow shirt.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 02:19 PM
carver9

He also withstood a hit from Thor that took him through a wall in the same issue. Good showings for Wolvy without the healing factor.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 02:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah. He also got his head smashed into the ceiling by drunk Thor (in Avengers), got up after taking a punch to the jaw from amped GR, took hits from Venom-Ock and Wendigos...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 03:50 PM