KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Diablo III [OFFICIAL THREAD]
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

K. Did a "power-run" yesterday and today. I beat normal mode. Now I can play nightmare mode with my homies.

I really really liked the cutscenes. When I am not tired, I'll do a full review. Meow.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 12:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

My Battletag is Ironmallet#2676.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 03:22 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Okay, playing Diablo III a bit more and it is getting more fun.

The Auction House is awesome (Thanks, Backfire, for the tip...dammit, no pun intended). Finding the "gem" in the auction house has made playing the game more interesting. It has changed the way I play the game, entirely, and now I am rolling over the enemies (and NOT dying).

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 01:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I love Whimsyshire if I do say so myself.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 03:55 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The auction house is nice but annoying at the same time. The search function kind of sucks, for example. What's the point of having to search for a specific number of items in a listing when doing stuff like searching for gems or dyes, for example? All that does is all but guarantee you won't find anything at all.

They should allow you to do broad searches, instead of only letting you (for example) search for 100 Flawless Amethysts. I've kind of given up on it, really.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 03:58 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Commodity trades are disabled entirely on the EU AH. Could it be the same on the US AH?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 04:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The EU servers are getting hammered over and over lately. When they are not down entirely, sections of them aren't working, Today it has been the Achievements that are down, and people unable to get past 'Retrieving Heroes' on login. The Commodity trade being down is the one they have a message up about but they've had issues all day.

EDIT: Just logged on to see if Achievements were back up. Found a new error! Took three minutes to log-in and got bounced out with 'Error 1- unable to form own party" and logged out.

Oooh those forums are going to be angry...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 1st, 2012 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 04:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Okay, playing Diablo III a bit more and it is getting more fun.

The Auction House is awesome (Thanks, Backfire, for the tip...dammit, no pun intended). Finding the "gem" in the auction house has made playing the game more interesting. It has changed the way I play the game, entirely, and now I am rolling over the enemies (and NOT dying).

Glad you found something good! The AH can almost break the game if you use it right. Makes even hell very trivial and easy if you find the right weapon.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Commodity trades are disabled entirely on the EU AH. Could it be the same on the US AH?

They've been down for the last week in the US.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oooh those forums are going to be angry...

laughing laughing laughing

I have noticed that the gamers get quite angry at Blizzard.

Originally posted by BackFire
Glad you found something good! The AH can almost break the game if you use it right. Makes even hell very trivial and easy if you find the right weapon.

It felt that way, already. I went from being two-shotted by the bloatdudes in nightmare to being able to take on 3 elite versions of them, on my own, and survive.

I am almost done with nightmare. I don't have as much time as other people, with this game, so it is slow going.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 11:24 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire

They've been down for the last week in the US.

Really? They were only down for like...a day, that I saw, a couple of days ago.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 03:19 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Nah, still down. Says so at the login screen when you start up the game.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 09:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, so Normal mode is...really easy. I just finished it and I think I only died a couple of times through the entire playthrough; only times I specifically remember were once fighting the Butcher (wasn't moving enough) and once towards the end because I got distracted and forgot to pause.

Diablo especially was a pushover. I had him stunned just about the entire fight! I started out with Nightmare and it feels a bit more like what I'm used to. I hit level 32 when I finished Normal, what's about the average level for that?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 04:04 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

IRC it's around 30 for most people when they finish normal so sounds standard.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 04:06 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Peach
Okay, so Normal mode is...really easy. I just finished it and I think I only died a couple of times through the entire playthrough; only times I specifically remember were once fighting the Butcher (wasn't moving enough) and once towards the end because I got distracted and forgot to pause.

Diablo especially was a pushover. I had him stunned just about the entire fight! I started out with Nightmare and it feels a bit more like what I'm used to. I hit level 32 when I finished Normal, what's about the average level for that?

32 for me as well.

Normal is definitely much easier. I think Blizzard added the extra difficulty level downwards on this game, so indeed Nightmare in 3 has the feel of Normal in 2, and Normal is just a pushover.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 07:29 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I died a couple of times, as well, in normal. I died when hordes of enemies would surround me and I could not move out. I started and am currently playing as a barb. Barbs are up-close and personal. I can tell you are not playing as a barb. Towards the end, the bosses were "relief" fights because it was mostly 1v1...which were very easy. It was the groups of enemies that got me.

I have completed nightmare, now, and I died a LOT in nightmare. It was due to shitty equipment and I, like a newb, did not really know any better until Backfire pointed it out. It became much easier to play after I got new armor and weapons from the auction house.

I am now playing Hell mode and I have not died once. Enemies are stupid hard to kill but it seems as though I am smarter about attacking so I haven't died.

The only difference, I can tell, is that the normal enemies are a lot harder but the higher levels enemies (like elites) are easier to kill.

Yeah, lol. My friend said he died several times and I was like, "how? lol...just stun him". He said that shadow-copy was the part where kept dying (he was a demon hunter). I had fury turned on so I quickly killed my shadow-copy in both levels of play through.

I finished normal on like...level 24-26. I bull-rushed right through the game on my first play through: did most of it all in one day.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 07:36 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Anyone in inferno yet? :-)

Just a word of warning. Melee classes are currently pretty gimp in inferno+ (aka. Act2 and beyond). Unless you want to live in a world of constant death and rez, roll a ranged class or be prepared to spend quite a bit of gold or real dollars or just be prepared to live in a world of utter frustration.

Currently at act 3 Inferno. Working on Azmodan but RL and work is keeping me from progressing.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 01:27 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Also, I got some cool speed-lvlimg tips to thp who are interested. Would skip quite a bit of content to do so, tho, so I don't know how yo guys feel about that.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 01:28 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by dadudemon
I died a couple of times, as well, in normal. I died when hordes of enemies would surround me and I could not move out. I started and am currently playing as a barb. Barbs are up-close and personal. I can tell you are not playing as a barb. Towards the end, the bosses were "relief" fights because it was mostly 1v1...which were very easy. It was the groups of enemies that got me.

I have completed nightmare, now, and I died a LOT in nightmare. It was due to shitty equipment and I, like a newb, did not really know any better until Backfire pointed it out. It became much easier to play after I got new armor and weapons from the auction house.

I am now playing Hell mode and I have not died once. Enemies are stupid hard to kill but it seems as though I am smarter about attacking so I haven't died.

The only difference, I can tell, is that the normal enemies are a lot harder but the higher levels enemies (like elites) are easier to kill.

Yeah, lol. My friend said he died several times and I was like, "how? lol...just stun him". He said that shadow-copy was the part where kept dying (he was a demon hunter). I had fury turned on so I quickly killed my shadow-copy in both levels of play through.

I finished normal on like...level 24-26. I bull-rushed right through the game on my first play through: did most of it all in one day.

I am playing as a Demon Hunter, so of course I'm not playing a Barbarian stick out tongue I don't like playing melee in games. Ranged or magic all the way. Diablo is the reason I love playing rogue-types in games so much stick out tongue

I thought the shadow copy was the easiest part of that fight - all I had to do is just cover the floor with Caltrops and it more or less killed itself. If someone's playing as a Demon Hunter and they're dying, they're not moving around enough. I also kept upgrading my armor and weapons obsessively, and sticking gems in everything as I picked them up - this is what I was at by the end. I'm not sure where that lies in terms of being bad or good, but not a whole lot could touch or damage me appreciably and I was taking out most enemies with a single Bola Shot + Rapid Fire stick out tongue

I found Izual to be the most difficult boss, simply because of everything else that was going on. Yay for Vault to keep me off the frozen areas stick out tongue

Last edited by Peach on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 02:49 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Normal was completely trivial. I didn't die once.

I'm in Inferno right now and it's a pain in the ass.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 02:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am playing as a Demon Hunter, so of course I'm not playing a Barbarian stick out tongue I don't like playing melee in games. Ranged or magic all the way. Diablo is the reason I love playing rogue-types in games so much stick out tongue

I thought the shadow copy was the easiest part of that fight - all I had to do is just cover the floor with Caltrops and it more or less killed itself. If someone's playing as a Demon Hunter and they're dying, they're not moving around enough. I also kept upgrading my armor and weapons obsessively, and sticking gems in everything as I picked them up - this is what I was at by the end. I'm not sure where that lies in terms of being bad or good, but not a whole lot could touch or damage me appreciably and I was taking out most enemies with a single Bola Shot + Rapid Fire stick out tongue

I found Izual to be the most difficult boss, simply because of everything else that was going on. Yay for Vault to keep me off the frozen areas stick out tongue

Just goes to show how perspectives differ between classes; Izual for me was just matter of holding down the left mouse button and waiting.

Whilst with Diablo, though I didn't have a worry about dying, is someone I did actually have to think about whilst fighting.

I do wish they'd lower the penalty they give to Follower damage. They are absurdly gimped- it is something like an 85% reduction. What is the point of giving them weapons if they cannot actually inflict any meaningful damage? They could hit for at least three times more than they do now and still not unbalance the game in any way, seeing as their attacks are just basic weapon swings instead of the powered up uber-skills the player gets.

Currently playing very slowly as my obsessive-compulsive has kicked in and I am trying to get the various campaign exploration achievements. Spawned 50 times in a row trying to get the Watch Tower event to spawn so I can get the Scabbard text that results from it. No darn luck.

-

Oh, and because it needs to be mentioned- Battle.Net's inability to provide cross server play is still ridiculous for a modern game. If I want to play with an American friend, I shouldn't have to start completely from scratch to do so. I played with American friends back in Diablo ONE. The fact that cross-continent compatibility from Blizzard has become worse in the last 15 years is absolutely silly.

This is not an issue in any other game franchise I play. It really is dumb.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 03:19 PM