KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Sometimes... I.. throw away the slipcases... embarrasment

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:02 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tut tut SnakeEyes! are you the one who keeps them in silly little plastic slips in folders... stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Dear God, no! The slip cases just make the DVDs too big to fit on my DVD rack, so sacrifices must be made.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 04:51 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahh. Who was the silly billy I was thinking of then...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 04:22 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I read somewhere that the Blu-ray edition will cost $35.99.

Are they ***ken retarded???? I don't even have a blu-ray machine. Why the bloody blue blazers do I need one?

DVD is here to stay for many more years in my book.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 07:41 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Are they ***ken retarded???? I don't even have a blu-ray machine. Why the bloody blue blazers do I need one?

Im sure that is probably for the super duper edition, but most standard bluray movies seem to be $25 to $29. I got Iron Man for $24.99, and that is the 2 disc ultimate edition, which is the only version on that format.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 09:17 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 08:59 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can get a gorgeous 2 disc steelbook edition in shape of Iron Man's face, looks gorgeous. On Region 2 dvd.

As for Batman, it will get something else later on in the 2009, no doubt, so if there isn't a nice edition that I can find, might just wait.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 03:32 PM
moviebuff1084

Amen brother.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:44 AM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by coolmovies
ok the R1 DVD will look like this

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/relea...ark-knight.html

Can't wait to buy several copies

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 12:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Why do you buy several copies?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:05 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have no idea why someone would... if they want to waste their money. I just find the best edition going, nice boxes and so on, on whatever region.

I mean, look what Korea did for Batman Begins:

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_...arch&genre=

Be nice to see if they do such a thing for Dark Knight.

Last edited by MildPossession on Oct 15th, 2008 at 03:32 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:29 PM
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Buying several copies is just a HUGE waste of money, unless the other six are for others.

I'm looking forward to getting the DVD, largely because I'm hoping for some interviews with Ledger, and of course, any special featurettes there may be.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:34 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MadParty
The Real Mike D.

that movie sux, heath ledger was a no talent bit actor.george clooney is the only real batman. o wait a minute, that movie is fekkin awesome. can't wait for the DVD

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 06:29 PM
The MadParty is currently offline Click here to Send The MadParty a Private Message Find more posts by The MadParty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am right there with you. Not only is the format perfectly good, but the Blu-Ray cases are smaller than the DVD cases. That just doesn't jive with me. The uniformity of my DVD collection is something I value. I'm not going to screw it up by switching formats. Besides, I've spent the last 5 years updating my movie collection to DVD, I have no intentions of starting all over again. I mean, if I buy a new Indiana Jones boxset, it'll have that awful Kingdon of the Crystal Skull movie. If I own it, I doubt I'll be able to resist watching it; which has been very easy so far.

Originally posted by coolmovies
ok the R1 DVD will look like this

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/relea...ark-knight.html

Damn. I usually get the single disc editions, because the making of and special features do nothing for me. But from the looks of it, the only way to get a copy with The Joker on the cover is to shell out an extra $10. (Yeah, it means that much to me.)

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 10:32 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just ordered the Dark Knight: Limited Edition Bat Mask DVD, like the Iron Man shaped box I mentioned in another topic.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 12:05 AM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by MildPossession
I just ordered the Dark Knight: Limited Edition Bat Mask DVD, like the Iron Man shaped box I mentioned in another topic.

Thats the one I am getting too.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 12:00 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's fantastic isn't it. I just hope they have enough because obviously it's pre ordered. Better not run out!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 05:52 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Yeah I know I am going to get it pre ordered asap.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 06:22 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by MildPossession
I want to see that.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 04:24 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote