KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Ryu and Ken's master, Gouken

Ryu and Ken's master, Gouken
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

stop whining, brainboy. flame is flame. nuff said.
now STFU and let the thread roll.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:15 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing out loud If you'd simply rolled offa ripoff's nuts this never woulda went this far.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 06:48 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Got the price for SSF2HD. It's $14.99. Happy downloading.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 02:50 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
If you'd simply rolled offa ripoff's nuts this never woulda went this far

and i'm the one who needs to stop with the gay innuendo?
you're full of it laughing

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 08:08 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing out loud Just speaking in terms you'd understand.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Got the price for SSF2HD. It's $14.99. Happy downloading.
That's not bad.

Does Gouken have a "good" version of the raging demon?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 02:56 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by I-Drop
laughing out loud Just speaking in terms you'd understand.
That's not bad.

Does Gouken have a "good" version of the raging demon?

Don't think so. According to the storyline, both Gouken and Akuma trained under Goutetsu. Akuma embraced the style at its 'purest,' while Gouken transformed Ansatsuken into a non-killing art.

At least we know where Ryu gets the Shinshoryuken and the Joudan Sokutou Geri from.

According to Akuma, he says that its the person's past sins that does them in upon executing the Raging Demon.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 03:38 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

So if Gouki did the RD on somebody like Ghandi, it wouldn't work?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 07:51 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Just speaking in terms you'd understand.

nah mane, you can speak regular english with me....unless you're "at a breath" big grin

quote:
So if Gouki did the RD on somebody like Ghandi, it wouldn't work?

what makes you think the fight would go that far? laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 08:55 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Oro is based on Ghandi. Ghandi used to whoop all types of @ss back in the day even though he didn't want to. I seen it. big grin If
Akuma attacked him the G-man would show him what4. Then Akuma'd realize you ain't gonna beat G. w/out killing him & he'd have to use it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 08:20 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

if Oro is based on Ghandi then Superman is based on George W Bush no expression

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 05:19 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

sick. I'm glad that @sshole is on his way out.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 10:15 AM
olympian

Anyone noticed how Gouken in this game looks too much with Grandpa Jinpachi? Especially in the art stages?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

How about ir "Brains", another ripoff for your Hall of Fame?

Last edited by olympian on Nov 24th, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 11:13 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I'm glad that @sshole is on his way out.

ditto. Buck Fush.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 07:41 PM
olympian

Well, whoever was winning, it couldnt really get any worse than Bush. That much relief i had.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 08:33 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by olympian
Anyone noticed how Gouken in this game looks too much with Grandpa Jinpachi? Especially in the art stages?

laughing out loud You do know that Gouken and his image has existed long before Tekken 5 so it's actually the other way around if you wanna call it.

Also, I know this kinda off topic but, does anyone know if Jinpachi is playable in TDR for the PS3?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Nov 25th, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 12:26 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Originally posted by Man of Violence
laughing out loud You do know that Gouken and his image has existed long before Tekken 5 so it's actually the other way around if you wanna call it.

Also, I know this kinda off topic but, does anyone know if Jinpachi is playable in TDR for the PS3?

never saw it before...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 12:44 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Man of Violence
Gotdammit. Beat me to it laughing out loud Gouken's always been shown as a big bald guy w/a beard

Last edited by I-Drop on Nov 25th, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 12:50 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by olympian

I second that. Capcom took Gouken's present appearance from a SF manga (you can find it at Borders) in which Bison killed Gouken, not Akuma.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 05:33 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Gouken's always been shown as a big bald guy w/a beard

on the contrary. Gouken has always been around as big and bald and bearded......BUT with a karate gi (either brown or grey) and his face looking buttfugly like Gouki's. the Gouken they cooked up for SF4 doesn't wear a karate gi and looks and dresses similar to Jinpachi. he evne ties his hair in that ponytail like Jinpachi. and he was no where as bulky as they drew him now. he looked just like Gouki back then. Now he looks like Jinpachi.

regardless:
Ryu: you must first mentally prepare for f0cked up retcons to stand a chance.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:51 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gouken-pachi

Attachment: gouken-chamba.jpg
This has been downloaded 57 time(s).

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:52 AM