KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Doom 4

Doom 4
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Out of those two i prefer the top one

also Seen the Funko Pop's for this new Doom game, One of the Marine & another of the new Cyberdemon.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 01:33 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 01:19 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The DOOM 3 BFG Edition is finally backwards compatible with Xbox One. Thought I'd mention that.

Also there will be a $40 season pass for the multiplayer. I'll give the devs credit they made a fun mode I can sink time into with a customs feature infinitely better than Halo 5's but unless the DLC had single player expansions on Resurrection of Evil levels of awesome, I'm going to have to say no thanks.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 09:05 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wouldn't be a true 'current gen' game if Doom wasn't tainted by that sort of DLC practice somehow, and $40 is pretty much the norm now, sadly. So that's like, how much money per extra map and such if you get the season pass? May as well use that amount of money to get another game altogether.

As mentioned, only paid DLC I'd ever get for Doom is another campaign episode or expansion.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 11:32 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

... Am I the only one still kinda disappointed with the new Cyberdemon design? He looked awesome from that first teaser shown of him, but then when you see him in-game, it looks like he took a trip to Blizzard or someplace to be some kind of WoW monster reject. Generic looking space monster with flashy lights, doesn't look nearly demonic enough. Nothing about it that instills some kind of fear or intimidation when you see it like with Cyberdemon's classic and Doom 3 designs. I hope to have an "Oh shit" feel/moment when I see & encounter him in this new game, but am not sure I'll get that really... And if he proves to be this game's Warden Eternal, that'll just make matters worse.

The other monster designs like Revenant and Cacodemon still look spot-on, but wish they had made Cybey look as newly unique.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 10th, 2016 at 01:59 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2016 01:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The DOOM 3 BFG Edition is finally backwards compatible with Xbox One. Thought I'd mention that.

They made some stupid changes with Doom 1 & 2 from that edition.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 01:57 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What changes?

Old Post May 10th, 2016 02:04 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I was hyped for this but then Overwatch and Uncharted appeared and it was GG.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 10th, 2016 02:46 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, Overwatch is not that good. Uncharted 4 will probably be completed in 2-3 days so you can probably still play it when it gets released on Friday.....

I'm going to wait for reviews.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 02:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh, Overwatch is not that good. Uncharted 4 will probably be completed in 2-3 days so you can probably still play it when it gets released on Friday.....

I'm going to wait for reviews.

Funny cause that is just your opinion. I played OW this weekend and found it fun and addictive. I know I would get my money's worth.

Budget is limited so Doom will have to wait if I ever get it((already bought UC)

Old Post May 10th, 2016 02:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Meh. How fun Overwatch is depends on how many people you know that you're playing it with. If it's only you and like one other you know doing your own strategy while everyone else goes out there as Bastion or some crap, the intended point of the game is kinda lost.

Still getting it too later, but another fresh Doom I've waited years and years for longer than most games, so kinda obvious what I feel I should get first.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 05:53 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I just think there is a superior game in TF2. As a shooter, it's meh.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 05:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
What changes?

-Removal of the red cross symbol on medpacks and berserker packs (the International Red Cross have been complaining about what they regard as the abuse of this symbol in video games). Instead, the pickups bear a red and white medicine capsule.

-Removal of all Nazi references, including the Swastika, Hitler's portrait, furniture and textures (to make the game legal in Germany).

that last one is also on all versions i believe, Rather stupid should've limited it just for Germany

Old Post May 11th, 2016 03:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sounds like they didn't have much choice in those changes then, and they're kinda trivial changes at best, but I know what ya mean.

Snapmap already makes Halo's Forge look, for lack of better word, obsolete.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 03:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like they didn't have much choice in those changes then, and they're kinda trivial changes at best, but I know what ya mean.

And that medikit logo, What about all the other games that have it....smh

Eh.....i'll get the original's unedited ones next time they're on special through one of the digital stores for PC.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 04:41 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Snapmap already makes Halo's Forge look, for lack of better word, obsolete.
To be fair Forge is ancient.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 06:03 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The game doesn't really appeal to me and I doubt I'll be getting it, but that map-creator mode looks really fun; props to Bethesda for that.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 12th, 2016 07:45 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I wonder how robust it actually is. From the video, it looks like you can create some awesome scenarios similar to the map editor in Starcraft where tower defense, DOTA's became common place.

I also agree regarding the game. I tried the MP and it was Ok. I'm waiting to see how the campaign fairs. If it's similar to Doom 3 but faster and crazier than I will probably get it. If it's just faster and crazier but without any heavy story element, meh. But I will say it would be nice to play a shooter that isn't open world, survival-ish or modern.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 10:59 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The game doesn't really appeal to me and I doubt I'll be getting it, but that map-creator mode looks really fun; props to Bethesda for that.

Bethesda's only the publisher (props goes to ID software), and they're most likely the reason the game's got that bastard season pass for the multiplayer.

I look forward to Snapmap recreations of classic Doom levels, and whatnot.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 11:08 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Imagine DOOM 3 but replace that marine with the one from the first DOOM and that's your DOOM 4 campaign in a nutshell. Kind of. It's actually pretty fun. Not as scary as the last game unfortunately but being a reboot going back to it's arcade roots, Doomguy is supposed to be this ultimate badass so it's understandable.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 15th, 2016 at 12:28 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2016 12:21 AM