KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E12 - Our Father

S03E12 - Our Father
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

I enjoyed this episode a lot. considering the latest episodes, at least we had emotion coming from a character we didn't see before, and Hiro (Masi Oka). I was moved by it...

My biggest problem with the episode: Arthur, how the hell did he know when to take the catalyst?, why didn't he do it before?
He getting kill by Peter/Sylar I have no problem with, what could he do if the haitian was there? (and if he even knew the Haitian was there as well?) escape before Peter and the Haitian entered the building?

everything else was just fine

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 02:14 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

He could have at least tried to stop the Haitian from coming into use.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 10:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah If I was Arthur, I would have made killing the Haitian one of my top priorities after healing through Adam Monroe.

Still, what the hell was Arthur Petrelli's main goal all along?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 12:51 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You know, I'm not even sure...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 01:11 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Something to do with giving everyone powers (for no reason) and making Nathan president (you know, the one he was trying to kill a year back, even though Arthur apparently still wanted to destroy New York in order to... err...).

All part of the issues we have here as the idea of a continuous plot to get drawn into has stopped existing. For all its faults, season 2 did actually have a coherent pllot.

Heroes has often suffered form this problem. 'Save the Cheerleader, save the world' actually doesn;t make much sense when looked at in detail; I'm not actually at all sure why she had to be saved, looking at the whole season in context. They said it was to stop Sylar regenerating but that made bugger all difference seeing as it was Peter that blew up. In fact, all the efforts of everyone were pretty much for nought- all that happened in the end was that, basically, Peter was moved somewhere else, and I am unsure we needed a whole series to build up to that. Also see my comments about how much zero sense the 'Hiro views the future' bit introdcued intot he storyline in... some other thread somewhere. But it was at least dramatic and the Sylar confrotnation was worthwhiile.

So yes, Heroes gets very focusssd on shocks in each episode at the cost of maintaining coherency, which is really starting to show now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 01:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think Arthur's plan revolves around building a super human army under his leadership... but he's kinda not around for that.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 04:24 AM