KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Well some of you may have read the raws but the new Berserk chapter is out.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:18 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Is this manga worth buying or should I just download??

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 02:11 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

There are 37 volumes and they are $15 a pop, and they lag behind the fan translated releases. What do you think?

Also, "resume monthly releases" my ass.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 03:21 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow_King
Is this manga worth buying or should I just download??

It's definitely worth buying, but it's not for the weak of hearts.

This manga has everything you can ask for, from great art, to brutal fights and betrayals, and to what the **** moments.

The only bad thing about it, is that it takes a while for new chapters. So might have to sometimes go back and reread it to see what you forget.

There are also two movies out about the manga on netflix. It's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty good. Especially when this guy name Zod fought Guts and Griffith. The animation was superb.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 04:09 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Well you got me sold on buying the Manga, good to know it takes a while for new chapters, going to take me a while on catching up

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 04:20 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Definitely buy the manga. The Dark Horse translations are better than the fan translations and the color pages in the later volumes are a good bonus. Ignore Astner. He's the forum crybaby and the manga is indeed back on a monthly schedule.

Last edited by Markness on Nov 19th, 2015 at 08:12 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 08:09 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Markness
Definitely buy the manga.

I know you suffer from Asperger syndrome so you're probably not too good with numbers, or logic in general, but it's well over $500 for something you can experience for free.

The Dark Horse translations are better than the fan translations and the color pages in the later volumes are a good bonus.

You do know that Viz translations are also available in digital format, right?

Ignore Astner. He's the forum crybaby and the manga is indeed back on a monthly schedule.

The last chapter was released in July. What month is it again?

Go and count toothpicks or whatever it is you aspies do and leave the arguments to people who are smart enough to make them.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 09:24 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 12:42 PM
SquallX

Don't listen to Astner, read Berserk on line, and if you like it, support the author by buying his work.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 01:53 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Ha...

This thread.

Love me some Berserk. I want Casca's memory restored, dammit!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 07:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Originally posted by SquallX
Don't listen to Astner, read Berserk on line, and if you like it, support the author by buying his work.

Do they have any editions where some of the volumes are collected into one book?? Something along the lines of like vizbig editions??

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 07:52 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by Shadow_King
Do they have any editions where some of the volumes are collected into one book?? Something along the lines of like vizbig editions??

They have volumes, collection of multiple chapters into one book.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 12:43 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Astner

The last chapter was released last month.

Howdy!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 02:43 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

I know you suffer from Asperger syndrome so you're probably not too good with numbers, or logic in general, but it's well over $500 for something you can experience for free.

You do know that Viz translations are also available in digital format, right?

Go and count toothpicks or whatever it is you aspies do and leave the arguments to people who are smart enough to make them.

Ever heard of used book stores, retard? Also, some comic stores offer discounts for graphic novels. God, you're ignorant.

What does Viz have to do with anything here?

Nope, there's been a few chapters for the last few months. Nice try, retard.

Funny how you are saying I'm not good with logic when you don't seem very logical yourself and you are acting quite bitchy. It's no wonder why you are considered the forum crybaby.

(please log in to view the image)

Copout bullshit.

Last edited by Markness on Nov 30th, 2015 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 03:16 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Ever heard of used book stores, retard?

You do know that you're not supporting the author or the publisher by buying pre-owned books, right? In which case you might as well pirate it.

And in what used book store would you find an entire 37 volume series? You'd be lucky if you'd find even find three different volumes in the same store.

Also, some comic stores offer discounts for graphic novels.

No they don't, they might have occasional discounts for stuff they want to get rid of; but most comic book stores do not overstock on a niche demographic like seinen manga.

What does Viz have to do with anything here?

Wait. It's Dark Horse that publishes Berserk isn't it? Well they also have their products available in digital format; so you get the exact same translation as in the published books.

Nope, there's been a few chapters for the last few months. Nice try, retard.

Chapter 338 was fan translated in July, and it isn't published yet. And I still haven't found 339 and we're closing in on December.

So you're talking out of your ass.

Funny how you are saying I'm not good with logic when you don't seem very logical yourself and you are acting quite bitchy. It's no wonder why you are considered the forum crybaby.

I have a Master's Degree in Fundamental Physics; and you have Asperger.

Which makes it especially hilarious to see you call me "retard" over and over again as Asperger is a form of autism.

Copout bullshit.

I was trying to be nice to you. But you're right, you're a ****ing idiot.

Last edited by Astner on Nov 30th, 2015 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 03:57 PM
Markness

You do know that you're not supporting the author or the publisher by buying pre-owned books, right? In which case you might as well pirate it.

And in what used book store would you find an entire 37 volume series? You'd be lucky if you'd find even find three different volumes in the same store.

No they don't, they might have occasional discounts for stuff they want to get rid of; but most comic book stores do not overstock on a niche demographic like seinen manga.

Wait. It's Dark Horse that publishes Berserk isn't it? Well they also have their products available in digital format; so you get the exact same translation as in the published books.

Chapter 338 was fan translated in July, and it isn't published yet. And I still haven't found 339 and we're closing in on December.

So you're talking out of your ass.

I have a Master's Degree in Fundamental Physics; and you have Asperger.

Which makes it especially hilarious to see you call me "retard" over and over again as Asperger is a form of autism.

I was trying to be nice to you. But you're right, you're a ****ing idiot.

Damn, the level of retardation in this post is strong.

You do realize you don't have to buy all volumes in one shot, genius? You can buy them gradually overtime which is what I did. You've never been to every comic store on the planet so what the **** do you know? The store where I got my copies discounts ALL their graphic novels, manga included.

Dark Horse don't have any digital versions of Berserk. You made another retarded claim. They even said on their forum when it was up that they tried getting the digital version but Hakusensha was hesitant about going that route.

No, you are talking out of your ass, Mr. I Can't Use Google Search properly:http://m.mangahere.co/manga/berserk/

Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Daniel Tammet, Satoshi Tajiri, and so many others prove your bigoted view of Aspergers wrong.

Not believing your bullshit.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 12:58 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that someone suffering from autism casually uses retard as an insult? laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 01:03 AM
Markness

I got owned so hard that I am going to go cry in a corner.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 01:19 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

You do realize you don't have to buy all volumes in one shot, genius?

It won't cost less if you do. It's a waste of money, plain and simple.

The store where I got my copies discounts ALL their graphic novels, manga included.

How much did you pay per volume?

Dark Horse don't have any digital versions of Berserk.

You're right.

Either way scanlations of the Dark Horse print are still available though, here. I just saved that poor guy $500.

No, you are talking out of your ass, Mr. I Can't Use Google Search properly:http://m.mangahere.co/manga/berserk/

Oh would you look at that, four more chapters and I get to read them for free. Thanks.

Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Daniel Tammet, Satoshi Tajiri, and so many others prove your bigoted view of Aspergers wrong.

Of the listed only Daniel Tammet has been diagnosed with Asperger, and has not made any contribution to science or mathematics. In fact he's worth less than a calculator; and why did you bring up Satoshi Tajiri?

That aside. What have you accomplished? What college did you attend, what's your career and how have you contributed to society?

But yeah, Asperger is a form of autism according to the governmental institution NLM.

That aside. What have you accomplished? What college did you attend, what's your career, how have you contributed to society?

Not believing your bullshit.

You're not believing that I tried to be nice to you? laughing out loud

Last edited by Astner on Dec 1st, 2015 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 01:51 AM
Markness

Wow, did I make that butthurt? The fact someone with Aspergers (the fact you can recall something about someone you don't personally know from years back is kind of disturbing) crushed every point you were trying to make must've really hurt your ego! Keep it coming, clown boy!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 06:12 AM