KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

Oh I know!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 10:14 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

This **** is never going to end.

I just tell people to make believe Guts died at the end of vol 31 with Zodd to put themselves out of the misery of having to wait for years for a chapter or two.

Hell they might as well died in the fake eclipse. Cause all these volume laters and no one still knows why Griffith has come back from being Femto and what happened to the demon kid of Guts and Caska.

Seriously it's got to the stage where no ending will be satisfactory, there must be at least another 30 volumes worth of material and previous plot holes to cover over and they won't ever complete it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 04:42 AM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GGS
This **** is never going to end.

I just tell people to make believe Guts died at the end of vol 31 with Zodd to put themselves out of the misery of having to wait for years for a chapter or two.

Hell they might as well died in the fake eclipse. Cause all these volume laters and no one still knows why Griffith has come back from being Femto and what happened to the demon kid of Guts and Caska.

Seriously it's got to the stage where no ending will be satisfactory, there must be at least another 30 volumes worth of material and previous plot holes to cover over and they won't ever complete it.

I feel your pain. However, both of the plot complaints are you brought up are not legitimate complaints.

Griffith being reborn was explained: he wanted to get his revenge, setup his original kingdom, and rule his own kingdom (Midland). He isn't really that bad of a guy...sort of. He's more like a really angry, tortured guy that was once a very awesome leader. I think part of his breakdown was the year he spent getting tortured...and that's why he "cracked" and gave in to the behelit promise. After that, he seemed to gain a bit more control and now wants to rule, almost peacefully, and with respect, over the Midlanders. That was ALWAYS his ultimate goal, by the way.

The body Griffith is using is that of the Casca's and Guts demon child. This is also why Griffith almost unwillingly protected Casca: the child's will is still in Griffith's body.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 07:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Originally posted by dadudemon
I feel your pain. However, both of the plot complaints are you brought up are not legitimate complaints.

Griffith being reborn was explained: he wanted to get his revenge, setup his original kingdom, and rule his own kingdom (Midland). He isn't really that bad of a guy...sort of. He's more like a really angry, tortured guy that was once a very awesome leader. I think part of his breakdown was the year he spent getting tortured...and that's why he "cracked" and gave in to the behelit promise. After that, he seemed to gain a bit more control and now wants to rule, almost peacefully, and with respect, over the Midlanders. That was ALWAYS his ultimate goal, by the way.

The body Griffith is using is that of the Casca's and Guts demon child. This is also why Griffith almost unwillingly protected Casca: the child's will is still in Griffith's body.

Yo, Yeah bro I get alot of that, I worded what I said badly in a way.

What I meant was that the other Godhand let him. It's like this new dude comes in and suddenly he is 'The Man' basically, you see I could understand Rashka getting away with it becase he is a Apostle, but a godhand needing to do all this crazy stuff it's like hmmmmm.

Then again I suppose Griffith is probably furthering the cause of the Godhand anyway cause theres that whole prophecy the Vatican kept babbling about in earlier volumes and he clearly is using apostles in his army as well.

Yeah your bang on the money about the kid. I think that will be the deus ex machina that will be used for Guts stopping Griffith in the end one day if it ever ends lol imo.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 01:50 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by GGS
Yo, Yeah bro I get alot of that, I worded what I said badly in a way.

What I meant was that the other Godhand let him. It's like this new dude comes in and suddenly he is 'The Man' basically, you see I could understand Rashka getting away with it becase he is a Apostle, but a godhand needing to do all this crazy stuff it's like hmmmmm.

Then again I suppose Griffith is probably furthering the cause of the Godhand anyway cause theres that whole prophecy the Vatican kept babbling about in earlier volumes and he clearly is using apostles in his army as well.

Oh, okay. That makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, that particular behelit was the "Godhand" behelit. On among the godhand behelits, that was the "leader" of the godhand. I'm trying to recall the wording from the translation from many years ago but if i remember it properly, they 4 "original" godhand members were looking forward to Griffith becoming a new Godhand member because he was "destined" to lead them. This would explain why he is able to basically do whatever he wants.

Originally posted by GGS
Yeah your bang on the money about the kid. I think that will be the deus ex machina that will be used for Guts stopping Griffith in the end one day if it ever ends lol imo.

That has got to be how Griffith is taken down. I really do not see a legit way to take him out otherwise.

I just hope we get to see Caska's memory/personality healed or restored before long, here. Lame that she's been the way she has for so long. Honestly, I think it's because Miura (the author) is lazy and didn't want to have to deal with the complex relationships that she would bring to the story post-Eclipse feast.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 02:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Oh, okay. That makes sense. If I'm not mistaken, that particular behelit was the "Godhand" behelit. On among the godhand behelits, that was the "leader" of the godhand. I'm trying to recall the wording from the translation from many years ago but if i remember it properly, they 4 "original" godhand members were looking forward to Griffith becoming a new Godhand member because he was "destined" to lead them. This would explain why he is able to basically do whatever he wants.

That has got to be how Griffith is taken down. I really do not see a legit way to take him out otherwise.

I just hope we get to see Caska's memory/personality healed or restored before long, here. Lame that she's been the way she has for so long. Honestly, I think it's because Miura (the author) is lazy and didn't want to have to deal with the complex relationships that she would bring to the story post-Eclipse feast.

Your right, I forgot about it being the Emperors Egg Behelit! I honestly hope we do as well I have been hoping she does get cured in Elfheilm and then Guts is faced with a choice to either stay with Caska or free the world from Griffith and the Godhands grasp.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 08:05 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by GGS
I honestly hope we do as well I have been hoping she does get cured in Elfheilm and then Guts is faced with a choice to either stay with Caska or free the world from Griffith and the Godhands grasp.

How would you justify the outcome of Guts choosing himself over Caska?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 09:15 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyondTheGrave

in other news the anime is coming out sometime this year or the next. maybe that's why the world is ending in 2012 laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 28th, 2011 04:07 AM
BeyondTheGrave is currently offline Click here to Send BeyondTheGrave a Private Message Find more posts by BeyondTheGrave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyondTheGrave

any further news on Berserk anime and theatrical film?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 03:34 PM
BeyondTheGrave is currently offline Click here to Send BeyondTheGrave a Private Message Find more posts by BeyondTheGrave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 07:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by Kazenji

Wow...looks so good!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 07:38 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kazenji

It does look good. I was about to post that vid, lol.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 12:35 AM
Dominic EX2

I'm pretty much excited after the movie was announced.
I haven't seen Berserk anime for ages so I think this is a good time to get back into the series.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 12:33 PM
Dominic EX2 is currently offline Click here to Send Dominic EX2 a Private Message Find more posts by Dominic EX2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I cant stand anime but this series is awesome. Movie looks great.

I also like Record of Lodoss War.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 01:16 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

oh my goodness! Do we know when the next chapter is supposed to come out!?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 07:05 AM
dadudemon

It will be out in a while. He loves to take his time. And he has every right to...it's his stuff.

I just hope the hell he doesn't die before he's done with the series.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 07:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Have'nt really been keeping up to date with the volumes last one i read was volume 24 and then went backwards.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 08:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

It will be out in a while. He loves to take his time. And he has every right to...it's his stuff.

I just hope the hell he doesn't die before he's done with the series.
That's kind of what I am thinking...But I think the series must almost be over with the movies coming out and all, like what they did with FMAB

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:24 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by menokokoro
That's kind of what I am thinking...But I think the series must almost be over with the movies coming out and all, like what they did with FMAB

It probably is almost over. We have to get through the "fairy island" arc where Caska's memory is restored.

Then we have to get over the 'defeat' of Femto/Griffith. That would be the very next arc.

So I'd say that the series is about 5/7 the way through. Maybe 100 more chapters.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 06:18 PM
menokokoro

uuuuuhg! That is so long! Unless he puts them out faster...which is still pretty long haha. I just want to know what happens at the end! This manga has been going on for WAY too long!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 07:22 PM