KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman VS Neo

Superman VS Neo
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

If Force pull is strong enough to bring Supes down to the ground, then we'll talk.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 04:34 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

The Force would work, sure, but would what you say work on Superman? Doubtful. Obviously Jedi aren't all powerful agains non-force sensitives. Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Durge and General Grievous all defeated Jedi at various times (not of Luke level, but still) and Superman is far, far, far, far superior to any of those. (far)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 05:51 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yoda somewhat struggled to stop the falling ceiling rumble that Dooku tried to crush him with (AOTC), stands to reason the more weight a Jedi is trying to manipulate the harder and slower it is for them to do so.

Now imagine how much pressure/force Superman would be exerting when Luke tried to capture/move him, I doubt he could even slow down Superman, let alone hold him.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 07:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Yoda somewhat struggled to stop the falling ceiling rumble that Dooku tried to crush him with (AOTC), stands to reason the more weight a Jedi is trying to manipulate the harder and slower it is for them to do so.

Now imagine how much pressure/force Superman would be exerting when Luke tried to capture/move him, I doubt he could even slow down Superman, let alone hold him.
In the Clone Wars cartoon(which apparently is considered by Lucas to be an accurate representation of Jedi's powers not limited by movies) Yoda effortlessly lifted a mountain. Lolz.

Though that would not stop Superman.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

^So that sort of proves my point about Palps and Luke being insanely powerful. Palps could have foresaw the battle with Dooku and influenced the events to make Yoda struggle, but in some irrelevent battle, he let him show off.

Didn't The New Jedi Acadamy kids push an entire fleet of destroyers into another star system or something using only their minds?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 03:38 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^So that sort of proves my point about Palps and Luke being insanely powerful. Palps could have foresaw the battle with Dooku and influenced the events to make Yoda struggle, but in some irrelevent battle, he let him show off.

Didn't The New Jedi Acadamy kids push an entire fleet of destroyers into another star system or something using only their minds?
Or.

We can agree that SW EU generally ignores realism and the established limits of a Jedi and the Force has become what established SW Forum goer Gideon has called,"Shit magic."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 03:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Magic by its very nature implies that there are no limits on what it can do. Everyone in the SWU is connected to the Force, bu you need like 10,000 midichlorians to be considered a Force sensitive. Since Luke is a living avatar of the Force, he can basically do everything the Force can do, but channeled through his own actions. Luke hasn't gotten much character development, but he is crazily powerful, I mean like Herald of Galactus powerful.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 03:52 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
In the Clone Wars cartoon(which apparently is considered by Lucas to be an accurate representation of Jedi's powers not limited by movies) Yoda effortlessly lifted a mountain. Lolz.

Though that would not stop Superman.

WTF, how could the movies limit Force powers, CGI is just as effective as animation.

No, it would still be irrelevant.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 05:14 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Magic by its very nature implies that there are no limits on what it can do. Everyone in the SWU is connected to the Force, bu you need like 10,000 midichlorians to be considered a Force sensitive. Since Luke is a living avatar of the Force, he can basically do everything the Force can do, but channeled through his own actions. Luke hasn't gotten much character development, but he is crazily powerful, I mean like Herald of Galactus powerful.

Superman would put the beat down on every Herald Galactus has had, maybe not quickly/easily, as guys like the Silver Surfer are extremely powerful, but Superman's powers are shown to be greater, especially in the comics.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 05:16 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Robtard
Superman would put the beat down on every Herald Galactus has had, maybe not quickly/easily, as guys like the Silver Surfer are extremely powerful, but Superman's powers are shown to be greater, especially in the comics.

Superman would not beat Silver Surfer of the comics . . .

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 06:07 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

What are the Surfer's greatest feats of power and durability?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 06:45 AM
NemeBro

Silver Surfer created a black hole on accident, can essentially use any of Superman's weaknesses against him, he can destroy a planet with ease...Superman is not taking a majority against Surfer.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 11:18 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Silver Surfer created a black hole on accident, can essentially use any of Superman's weaknesses against him, he can destroy a planet with ease...Superman is not taking a majority against Surfer.

well supes can cum inside Lois without splattering her brains out. beat that! mad

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 11:40 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

PIS and a warp of physics.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 02:42 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sado22
well supes can cum inside Lois without splattering her brains out. beat that! mad
Good point, but he was using T-Vo each time, so it doesn't count.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 05:53 PM
dadudemon

I took down an entire Star Destroyer in The Force Unleashed.

Also, Luke would probably lose to Superman.

Neo would lose to superman (assuming the each can retain all of their powers in a plce they both can fight at full power).

Heck, superman would lose to superman.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 06:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

nah. no one has a bigger jobber aura than Superman...........................oh wait, that's wolverine.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 08:02 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

His name says it all, SUPERMAN. He's not AVERAGE MAN.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 09:37 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 Superman wins all fights, simply because he's Superman. Even in crossovers he's the winner simply because he's the touchstone for all superheroes. No superhero is as noble. No other superhero is as powerful. No other superhero is as good. No other superhero is as boring and bland, either.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 09:58 PM
Ace of Knaves is currently offline Click here to Send Ace of Knaves a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Knaves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Superman isn't the most powerful being on DC Earth, let alone in all of superhero-dome.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 10:03 PM