KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyborg Superman vs. Silver Surfer

Cyborg Superman vs. Silver Surfer
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avlon
Can't say I have either. So it's a moot argument for that reason.

Henshaw has shown more mindrape ability than SS strangely enough.

"mindrape"

We can't assume that characters who've shown no resistance to telepathy are immune or resistant to it.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:48 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
"mindrape"

We can't assume that characters who've shown no resistance to telepathy are immune or resistant to it.

We also can't assume that they are susceptible to it.

As stated, Henshaw has actually shown more ability to mindrape than SS has, especially in the herald level foe category.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:50 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

He has plenty, especially with his adaptable abilities, healing, and Surfers level of PC which Henshaw has laughed at.
Are you talking about the noncanon crossover?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

He wasn't weakened....

If he wasn't weakened and that's a regular blaster, you don't think that's PIS, at all.

If you don't then just let's just end this discussion, as that would mean you are greatly underestimating Silver Surfer.

Originally posted by Avlon It should be in the title of the scan.

It's not.

Originally posted by Avlon Funny, so has Henshaw...but you want to go by lows vs highs. SS has a worse low as you have seen.

You actually spew that garbage and call me a fanboy?

He has survived blows from Galactus level beings, planetary destruction, harmlessly survived in black holes.

When has Henshaw, ever, EVER, survived a blow from a being at Galactus' level or close?

When has Henshaw ever, EVER, demonstrated, power sufficient for planetary destruction on a whim?

When has Henshaw ever, ever, EVER, survived in an environment or power equal to that of a black hole, if he can't even go toe to toe with Clark?

Originally posted by Avlon Like you're doing with Henshaw...

What?

Henshaw has never shown the abilities necessary, to take down Silver Surfer.

Going by that scan alone, then yes, Henshaw and anyone else with a lazer can knock out this cosmic level being.

Really, what issue was this in, because I really want to read it, and see the context for myself. Context change the value and meaning of a scan greatly.

Originally posted by Avlon If you are asking this question, it's safe that you have no kind of proof. 30+ years should be enough to provide lots of scans showing this type of things. Henshaws healing is far superior to Surfers. There isn't even a debate there.

I'm a bit confused here, sorry.

Do you mean, I have no proof of Norrin ever healing himself or someone?

He has healed himself and others on multiple occasions.

Henshaw can rebuild himself from nothing, so yes his healing is superior to Norrin's to a certain degree (So it could be debatable).

Did I ever say otherwise?

confused

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 25th, 2009 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:51 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Mindset
Are you talking about the noncanon crossover?

Is that what he is referring to?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:52 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Even deep space has subatomic, metallic particles zooming around. Tiny, tiny ones, but they're there. Literary example: ever read "Life, the Universe, and Everything?"

If Henshaw is as powerful as everyone makes him out to be, then he could reform even if they fought in "the blackness of space."

Although I really don't think he's as powerful as everyone seems to think he is. Superman, Kara, and Power Girl beat him with nothing more than punches.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:53 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

We also can't assume that they are susceptible to it.

As stated, Henshaw has actually shown more ability to mindrape than SS has, especially in the herald level foe category.

"mindrape"

And yes we can. Otherwise it would be like assuming that energy blasts wouldn't work on a person, simply because they've never been attacked with any.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:53 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Henshaw has shown more mindrape ability than SS strangely enough.

Proof of this?

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:55 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't weakened....

If he wasn't weakened and that's a regular blaster, you don't think that's PIS, at all.

If you don't then just let's just end this discussion, as that would mean you are greatly underestimating Silver Surfer.

It should be in the title of the scan.

It's not.

Funny, so has Henshaw...but you want to go by lows vs highs. SS has a worse low as you have seen.

He has survived blows from Galactus level beings, planetary destruction, harmlessly survived in black holes.

When has Henshaw, ever, ever, EVER, survived a blow from a being at Galactus' level or close?

When has Henshaw ever, ever, EVER, demonstrated, power sufficient for planetary destruction on a whim?

When has Henshaw ever, ever, EVER, survived in an environment or power equal to that of a black hole, if he can't even go toe to toe with Clark?

Like you're doing with Henshaw...

What?

Going by that scan alone, then yes, Henshaw and anyone else with a lazer can knock out this cosmic level being.

Really, what issue was this in, because I really want to read it, and see the context for myself. Context change the value and meaning of a scan greatly.

If you are asking this question, it's safe that you have no kind of proof. 30+ years should be enough to provide lots of scans showing this type of things. Henshaws healing is far superior to Surfers. There isn't even a debate there.

Henshaw can rebuild himself from nothing, so yes his healing is superior to Norrin's to a degree.

Did I ever say otherwise?

confused

Use quotes. This is a mess to read through.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:56 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Oh my bad.

I umm, bolded your statements. I'll try and edit the post.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 02:59 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
"mindrape"

And yes we can. Otherwise it would be like assuming that energy blasts wouldn't work on a person, simply because they've never been attacked with any.

You can try and show an example and base a theory on it which is fine.

I'd like to see it considering that

* mindraping cyborgs and kryptonians are notoriosly difficult especially mid battle.

* Surfer has never mindraped anyone, much less another herald+ level foe.

* Henshaw's mindraped Hal (and he needed help to undo it) and understands TP well himself (as per my scans).

If you have something dude, feel free to show it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:00 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Naija boy
Proof of this?

On the first page.

Proof of SS mindraping anyone, especially a herald+ level foe?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:01 AM
tjcoady

On the first page.

He's resisted mental control from both Xavier and from what's her name (Moonstone? the celestial Madonna) with the Mind gem.

As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure about this, he's never really used mental attacks offensively.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:03 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

There edited my post Avalon.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:04 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Oh my bad.

I umm, bolded your statements. I'll try and edit the post.

Btw, if you click the scan, it gives you the year, and issue number of the SS scan...

Originally posted by tjcoady
He's resisted mental control from both Xavier and from what's her name (Moonstone? the celestial Madonna) with the Mind gem.

Xavier isn't wrecking any top tier heralds with TP, and as for Moonstone, it's more PIS for the Gem, but acceptable for SS fans to debate should they choose.

As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure about this, he's never really used mental attacks offensively.

That's why it's pretty moot to bring it up as a debate, though for discussion it's fine.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:06 AM
Naija boy

On the first page.

SS has telepathy showings that surpass most of those held by some of the best telepaths. He has affected the minds of evry being on earth simultaneously, invaded the mind and easily destroyed the mental defenses of the high level telepath that was messing up current nova with his psi shields on as well as shown the ability to use telepathy from galaxies away. He definitely has the feats that show the strength of his telepathy. CIS is what stops him from making use of it offensively in similar ways to guys like xavier

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:14 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Perhaps it was, or maybe it was something that SS is weak to. Henshaw can find and adapt to weaknesses.

Then I suggest you not overrate or underrate both ends here.

It's not.

It's in the address bar...click it.

When has Henshaw, ever, EVER, survived a blow from a being at Galactus' level or close?

When has Henshaw ever, EVER, demonstrated, power sufficient for planetary destruction on a whim?

The only thing that Henshaw hasn't shown is blowing up a planet on a whim (except in his xvover with SS strangely enough) bu then again, SS hasn't handled top tiers and multiple superman level foes simultaneously as easily as Henshaw has. Nor has he one shotted anyone on that level...

What?

I suggest you read up more on Henshaw.

Henshaws weapons have hurt top tiers many a time.

Feel free. I have nothing to hide.

He has healed himself and others on multiple occasions.

Healing a huge hole in himself, or rebuilding himself. I know SS can heal other...I'm familiar with both characters.

Henshaw can rebuild himself from nothing, so yes his healing is superior to Norrin's to a certain degree (So it could be debatable).

Henshaw has far superior healing. There is no debate there.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:15 AM
tkitna

I know that there must be context that you are leaving out, for example Norrin could have been weakened etc. because if not, that would be his lowest showing in his entire history.

Actually, being hit in the back of the head and KO'd by a brick from Karnak would probably be his all-time low.

As for this mindraping buisness, i'm not sure, but hasent the Surfer read or controlled the minds of an entire world before? I'm just asking because i'm uncertain, but I swear I read or saw that somewhere. If not, sorry.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:16 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Naija boy
SS has telepathy showings that surpass most of those held by some of the best telepaths.

I'll let you debate that with TP character fanboys. I'm pretty sure that they would disagree with you wholeheartedly.

On top of that..Henshaw HAS used mindrape offensively and in mid-battle on a herald level foe.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:17 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by tkitna
Actually, being hit in the back of the head and KO'd by a brick from Karnak would probably be his all-time low.

As for this mindraping buisness, i'm not sure, but hasent the Surfer read or controlled the minds of an entire world before? I'm just asking because i'm uncertain, but I swear I read or saw that somewhere. If not, sorry.

I'd say the poisoned coffee or being entangled in hair would be the worst...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 03:19 AM