KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR

My Crew vs Orcs in LOTR
Started by: Phantom Zone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Orc aren't the same as Uruk-Hai, I already posted that.

I couldnt be arsed to type Uruk-hai, yes im pretty sure I saw humans killing Uruk-hai.

Also, an axe and a bullet are two different things. They work differently. For example, Gimli cleaved a Orc's head off using a Axe. can you do it using a Bullet? Of course not.

You're not getting it. The claim is being made that they are super resistant to injury if they can die from somebody who doesnt neccsarily have superhuman strength they are not going to have super resistance to bullets.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 06:54 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I couldnt be arsed to type Uruk-hai, yes im pretty sure I saw humans killing Uruk-hai.

Even Peter Jackson killed one

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:00 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

quote:

Of course they kill them. It's war. Uruk-hai aren't unbeatable.

quote:
You're not getting it. The claim is being made that they are super resistant to injury if they can die from somebody who doesnt neccsarily have superhuman strength they are not going to have super resistance to bullets.

Again, PROVE that gimli has strenght like a Human. So far, they as much as human are Orcs are Human. They are resiliant to temperature, they are short, believed to have no woman dwarf, and live so much more.

Not only that, but in the LOTRverse, Human aren' really just like us. They too live longer lives. I am not sure but wasn't Aragorn like 175, or something like that when he died?

read the part about "nature"
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Dwarves

Last edited by xJLxKing on Jun 2nd, 2009 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:01 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aragorn wasn't a regular human....

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:02 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not only that, but in the LOTRverse, Human aren' really just like us. They too live longer lives. I am not sure but wasn't Aragorn like 175, or something like that when he died?

Aragorn wasn't a normal human, he was a Dunedain. Theoden was "just a man".

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

BTW Aragorn was 87. He stated that in TT extended version.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:04 PM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Aragorn wasn't a normal human, he was a Dunedain. Theoden was "just a man".

Dunedain is a country, is it not? Or was it something like Gondorian? Forgot!

Either way, he was Human, but not like us Human.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:04 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

BTW Aragorn was 87. He stated that in TT extended version.

I don't know what you are talking about. He died ar again 210! Go check it out!!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:05 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know what you are talking about. He died ar again 210! Go check it out!!

He was 80 around the movies...

And he lived to 210.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:06 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
He was 80 around the movies...

And he lived to 210.

Exactly, so they aren't exactly like us. There are differences.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:07 PM
Deadline

Of course they kill them. It's war. Uruk-hai aren't unbeatable.

Please try not to get the point. The point is that they are not super resistant to injury.

Again, PROVE that gimli has strenght like a Human. So far, they as much as human are Orcs are Human. They are resiliant to temperature, they are short, believed to have no woman dwarf, and live so much more.

Well for starters he wasnt able to push a warf rider off him and was struggling or needed help afterwards to get free. This thread is based on the film I dont think I need to read anything.

So you're average human warrior lives to 175?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:07 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly, so they aren't exactly like us. There are differences.

Most of them are....Theoden is.

Aragorn is not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:09 PM
xJLxKing

quote:
Please try not to get the point. The point is that they are not super resistant to injury.

I never said Super. All i said was more resistant then Human, which so far proves my point.

quote:
Well for starters he wasnt able to push a warf rider off him and was struggling or needed help afterwards to get free.

Lol! First of all, he snapped the guys neck easily. Second of all, that Warg was very heavy. Even in the movie, they look bigger then Cow. Lets see a human do that.

quote:
So you're average human warrior lives to 175?

In LOTR, it seems like it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:10 PM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Most of them are....Theoden is.

Aragorn is not.

What are you talking about.

Rohan is part of Gondor, the same kind of people. They just broke apart, but at the end, a King returns and puts it all back.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Dunedain is a country, is it not? Or was it something like Gondorian? Forgot!

Either way, he was Human, but not like us Human.

Numenor was a country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunedain

That's right. I meant that he was 87 in TT.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:12 PM
Deadline

I never said Super. All i said was more resistant then Human, which so far proves my point.

Which isnt enough to make a difference.

Lol! First of all, he snapped the guys neck easily. Second of all, that Warg was very heavy. Even in the movie, they look bigger then Cow. Lets see a human do that.

The point is he didnt do anything beyond what a human could do.

In LOTR, it seems like it.

So you have a list of the ages of the warriors in helms deep and how long they lived?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:13 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What are you talking about.

Rohan is part of Gondor, the same kind of people. They just broke apart, but at the end, a King returns and puts it all back.

I don't know the full story, but Theoden wasn't Dunedain, that's for sure.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:14 PM
xJLxKing

quote:
Which isnt enough to make a difference.

In the movie, a berserker took two shots from a bow. He kept on going like it was nothing. Also, they have armor, shields, and could even use meat shields.

quote:
The point is he didnt do anything beyond what a human could do

Even though I already proved, and post a website where it says they are Super "strong". Or something like that.

quote:
So you have a list of the ages of the warriors in helms deep and how long they lived?

My point is, you don't know how Human in Lort are compared to us. They live longer. They also have a few other traits different from us.

Aragorn was 87 in TT, did he even look like 87? Of course not!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:17 PM
xJLxKing

I don't know the full story, but Theoden wasn't Dunedain, that's for sure.

Actually, the link you proved explained it. Dunadains are men from the west. IE: Gondor, Númenóreans, and Rohan. They are all Dunedains; theoden was from Rohan.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:19 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Eowyn was shocked when she found out Aragorn was Dunedain... they're quite rare and can't be confused with normal humans, really.

quote:
Characteristics

The Dúnedain were superior to other Men in nobility of spirit and body, although they were still capable of evil if corrupted. They were tall, with dark hair and grey eyes.

In addition, Dúnedain, especially those of high rank, possessed great wisdom and discernment, and occasional prophecy. They benefited from longer life-spans (three times the life of a regular man) than ordinary men and could retain their youth until the very end of their days. Though the reason is not fully explained in the 'Tale of the Years', one thing that led to the diminishment of the Dúnedain was their tendency to have few children, in many cases only one. Aragorn came from a long line of only one child.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 07:21 PM