KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The Blade of Olympus vs. The Master Sword (actually it's Kratos vs. Link)

Which Blade will be Superior?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Blade of Olympus 14 60.87%
The Master Sword 9 39.13%
The fight will end in a tie 0 0%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Blade of Olympus vs. The Master Sword (actually it's Kratos vs. Link)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Good heavens, not even Dark Khan himself can compare to the amount of gayness these Link vs Kratos threads have developed!
I don't enjoy them anymore than you do. But I can't stop myself. sad Kill me.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:28 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Warning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Sin, you're making a disturbing atmosphere. Quit it or you'll draw NemeBro in here!

You tempted me

sig by ScreamPaste

Last edited by Sin_Volvagia on Dec 8th, 2009 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:41 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

laughing

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

ROFFL

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:42 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

just for reference - the colossus weighs a bit more than the statue of liberty - it could be anywhere between 225 - 300 tons erm

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:56 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
just for reference - the colossus weighs a bit more than the statue of liberty - it could be anywhere between 225 - 300 tons
Fair enough.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:59 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
You tempted me

Reported

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:24 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

And you reported that because...?

My d!ck is stronger. Now end this topic.

Last edited by iChaos on Dec 8th, 2009 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:04 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MadMel
it could be anywhere between 225 - 300 tons erm

So thats just dead weight? This would likely multiplay given that the Colossus in GoW is enhanced by Zues, filled with other entities and monsters and is physically alive so it can put all its strength/weight down on Kratos. Its also combined with force, the foot of the Colossus slams down through buildings and stone to reach Kratos.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 09:28 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Miffed

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Reported

For a masturbating cat? Don't make me laugh.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 01:22 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Burning thought
So thats just dead weight? This would likely multiplay given that the Colossus in GoW is enhanced by Zues, filled with other entities and monsters and is physically alive so it can put all its strength/weight down on Kratos. Its also combined with force, the foot of the Colossus slams down through buildings and stone to reach Kratos.

Let it go, it's devolved into the wanking of the characters...and cats apparently.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Good heavens, not even Dark Khan himself can compare to the amount of gayness these Link vs Kratos threads have developed!

Nahh, you know Dark Khan is gayer

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:39 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Hm, Interesting side note. The Statue of Liberty, while slightly larger, is also made of copper, rather than bronze. Copper is heavier. And more malleable, as a result, the statue of Liberty's skin is thicker.

Basicly, Bronze is lighter, thinner, and structurally stronger.

Copper weighs in at Density 8.94 g·cm−3, while bronze weighs in at only 8.8. That's .14 more per cubic centimetre. While it's a small difference, it's enough to effect the weight of something so large.

Also, as it was not thrown, this feat simply does not stack up.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:36 PM
MadMel
Heh

cant being a raging fanboy be an excuse to permaban some people?
srsly erm

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:37 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

..I hope that wasn't directed at me? My post compares the properties of two metals.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:41 PM
MadMel
Heh

on a side note, can you proves link's pillar is heavier than the statue?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:47 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I can, and have on hundreds of occasions now.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:53 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

The giant of bronze was tossed over, Kratos pushed up hard enough to knock the whole statue over backwards. Thats like having a mouse resist your foot stamping down on it then having its repelling push throw you on your ass.

And youve not proven anything, fan-made math does not account for the games universe or the developers intention the hence why the wiki of Legend of Zelda simply says "several tonnes" which sounds more likely than your queer figure.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:53 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
The giant of bronze was tossed over, Kratos pushed up hard enough to knock the whole statue over backwards. Thats like having a mouse resist your foot stamping down on it then having its repelling push throw you on your ass.
Knocking 200 tons backward < throwing 1000+ at 75 m/s.

quote:
And youve not proven anything, fan-made math does not account for the games universe or the developers intention the hence why the wiki of Legend of Zelda simply says "several tonnes" which sounds more likely than your queer figure.
I lol'd. It could be made of styrofoam and weigh more than that. You taking a wiki quote written by a random fan and pretending it's canon is laughable. Love ya, but you're dumb as ****.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:54 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not at all, the position of the object and its actions are important. You fail to take into account its not just a statue, its actually a possesed construct thats puting forces on Kratos and actually using its weight on top of him with a stamp. Unlike the lump of rock link throws thats just sitting there.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:56 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Not at all, the position of the object and its actions are important. You fail to take into account its not just a statue, its actually a possesed construct thats puting forces on Kratos and actually using its weight on top of him with a stamp. Unlike the lump of rock link throws thats just sitting there.
You realise ofcourse, that when I stomp on somethign with a single foot, I'm on;y applying about the same as my weight on it, and that's thanks to inertia. Without inertia, I'd need to use both my feet to apply my weight to something, and then, that's the maximum I can apply anyway. Kratos then pushed this force backward. *clap* Nice.

Link threw a 1000+ ton granite pillar at well over 75 meters per second. Guess which takes more force?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 10:59 PM