KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The Blade of Olympus vs. The Master Sword (actually it's Kratos vs. Link)

Which Blade will be Superior?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Blade of Olympus 14 60.87%
The Master Sword 9 39.13%
The fight will end in a tie 0 0%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Blade of Olympus vs. The Master Sword (actually it's Kratos vs. Link)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, not only does he pull weight out of his ass, he pulls speed out of it too. Hey Scream, next time your hands up there pull out some hundred dollar bills for me.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:03 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

K, watch the cutscene. The rock is in the air for 2 seconds, travels about 300 meters. That's actually about 150 meters per second, Guess how much I rounded down? I halfed it. big grin

Wanna know how much the pillar weight ACTUALLY comes out to? More than 1000 tons.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:05 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. You crack me up, Scream. Do your parent's mind that you've taken down all the decor in their basement to put up LoZ posters?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:08 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Keep at it FC, you're catching up on BT for biggest idiot on the forum.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:11 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
LOL.
Lie.

quote:
Scream. Do your parent's mind that you've
Nice assumption. I'm 21, and independant.

quote:
taken down all the decor in their basement
Single level dwelling FTW.

quote:
to put up LoZ posters?
Can't afford any sad

Edit: Did I mention: you're post had no bearing on the thread, added nothing, and disproved nothing?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:12 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry Moo, but the top two spots have already been filled by Scream and you respectively. sad

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:12 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Oh, I forgot about that time I ignored legitimate math because the homsexual with the large sword would have lost the fight.

My bad.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:14 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh no, you used one of the mos ignorant and white trashy methods of insult imaginable, I'm melting, melting!!!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:15 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Oh, I forgot about that time I ignored legitimate math because the homsexual with the large sword would have lost the fight.
LOL, God I hated that Link v.s. Sephiroth thread.

Edit, so how about those masturbating cats?

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:15 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I guess the Island Sized Hydra feat is being ignored?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:18 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Oh no, you used one of the most ignorant and white trashy methods of insult imaginable, I'm melting, melting!!!!!

Fixed your error for you. There ya go sport. thumb up

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:19 PM
MadMel
Heh

im guessing common sense is being greatly ignored erm
im tempted to ask lana to close this trashheap of a thread

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:19 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
im guessing common sense is being greatly ignored
Common sense dictates that moving the heavier mass farther and faster requires more strength.

That's the only logical conclusion. Until Kratos has a better strength feat, he is not stronger. Why is that so hard to accept?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:22 PM
MadMel
Heh

because you made up a weight for the pillar with no facts to back it up erm

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:23 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
because you made up a weight for the pillar with no facts to back it up
I did? /epic eyeroll.

Fact 1. It's granite, that's canon o:
Fact 2. It's large, very large. Also canon.
Fact 3. We know it's size AND composition, thus we know it's weight. Guess what? Nothing contradicts this.
Fact 4. Link threw it like a ball. Canon.
Fact 5. I rounded all my math down to an insane level.
Fact 6. This makes Link stronger. GG.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:25 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Read the thread.

See I can still say that now because it isn't 100 pages long, yet.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:25 PM
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Fact 1. It's granite, that's canon o:

was that stated?

Fact 2. It's large, very large. Also canon.

how large is large?

Fact 3. We know it's size AND composition, thus we know it's weight. Guess what? Nothing contradicts this.
you can't determine its exact weight from a bunch of pixels erm

Fact 5. I rounded all my math down to an insane level.
you couldn't have used math, because there are no figures, unless you pulled a number out of your ass..

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:35 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Alright, let's give you all a lesson in math.

To find the volume of a hexagonal prism, the shape of the pillar, we have to first find the area of a hexagon the same size as it's base. To do *that*, we need to know the length of it's side. Sooo, let's get that first!
(please log in to view the image)
Using this, we can determine that the length of a side is 10.16494845 ect.. (493/291*6) Now we use this to determine the area of the hexagonal base.
(please log in to view the image)
Anyone wanna try? smile

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:39 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hes trying to use pixels, physics and his own assumptions based on those to work out a gameplay mechanic then pass it all off as canon.....

wonderful lol...

The fact that his assumptions and limited calculations lead to the idea that Link and according to him TP link are godlike in strength which would break the whole games storyline and gameplay in general does not come into his "reasoning" (I am being sarcastic wink )

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:40 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
was that stated?
Yes, in the guide book. It also strongly resembles black granite, the heaviest type. big grin but I mathed it as white granite, the lightest type.

quote:
how large is large?
Thousands of cubic feet in volume.

quote:
you can't determine its exact weight from a bunch of pixels
Which is why I rounded it's weight down to an INSANE extent. The figures I use are the *smallest possible*.

quote:
you couldn't have used math, because there are no figures, unless you pulled a number out of your ass..
We can use objects in game as reference points. Also, note how much I round down, just to err on the safe side.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:42 PM