KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (91): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Wait, so is fairy tale a top seller or is it not? WHO IS RIGHT!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 04:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wait, so is fairy tale a top seller or is it not? WHO IS RIGHT!

It is.

Here's the source page for my info. Same company as the stats KM posted, oricon. I have no idea why FT isn't on the list he posted, but it's obviously not due to lack of total sales.

I'll also note on his one it's not in any particular order. So I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be saying.

Also outside of sales, it received the 2009 Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen manga.

quote:
Killermover
I'm talking about overall commerical popularity. Fairy Tail isn't reaching Bleach's place for a while.

Well yes, having the advantage of being a 9 year series vs a 4 year one will do that. Still, Bleaches' sales are on the way down while FT's nipping at Naruto's heals. Fairy Tail is the young up and comer who's taken it's place in sales-per-month, but hasn't had a chance to expand as much into other stuff.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 05:30 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

I think what killermover posted are in terms of sales per volume and not the total manga sales for this year of which FT is third...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 08:01 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

New chapter up smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wonder who's going to get each S-class... odds of being stopped there seem high for any team against any of them!

Levy didn't get to fight Fried, which seemed her best chance of an upset.

I expect Cana'll show some nice moves here. Probably Cana vs Bixlow and Lucy vs Fried

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:56 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Strongest team there imo are Gray and Loke or Mest and Wendy.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 06:44 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Fried and Bixlow are a powerful team too..but i bet they gonna lose to Kana and Lucy with some stupid plot device..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:44 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Gray and Loke is fairly strong and one of the few teams who went with two strong fighters. Mest and Wendy, likely not the strongest due to Wendy not being a fighter, but quite useful due to her abilities. They don't seem better off than Levy and Gajeel, unless Mest's noticeably stronger than Gajeel.

Juvia and Lisanna may be up there. We haven't seen Lisanna's best battle form yet, and Juvia has the advantage of already having earned S-class elsewhere. If Lisanna's strong too then they might be at the top.

Originally posted by Slaanesh
Fried and Bixlow are a powerful team too..but i bet they gonna lose to Kana and Lucy with some stupid plot device..

Considering Cana's supposed to be strong, I suspect they win via a method like switching up foes. Fried and Bixlow are powerful, but I don't think they have too big a power gap over their foes.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:50 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Originally posted by Q99
Considering Cana's supposed to be strong, I suspect they win via a method like switching up foes. Fried and Bixlow are powerful, but I don't think they have too big a power gap over their foes.

Fried already beat Kana before..and easily at that if i'm not mistaken..Lucy doesn't have his most powerful spirit..the power gap is huge..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:55 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Fried already beat Kana before..and easily at that if i'm not mistaken..Lucy doesn't have his most powerful spirit..the power gap is huge..

We didn't really see the fight from what I remember.

And while Lucy lacks Loke, she still has Aquarius and Sagittarius. Not exactly weak.

Anyway, what if they swap partners? Kana might be better against Bixlow than she is against Fried, and with Fried as most of his enchantments are fairly specific, summoning may be a fairly good way to get around them.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 03:58 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Originally posted by Q99
We didn't really see the fight from what I remember.

And while Lucy lacks Loke, she still has Aquarius and Sagittarius. Not exactly weak.

Anyway, what if they swap partners? Kana might be better against Bixlow than she is against Fried, and with Fried as most of his enchantments are fairly specific, summoning may be a fairly good way to get around them.

we didn't??damn..i only remember about his fight with Mira..cuz that's the only one worth remembering..if they didn't even show the fight..that just prove that Fried is way to awesome for Kana and they didn't even bother to show the fight..

Aquarius and Sag is powerful..but not Loki powerful..well..maybe i just think that because to me..Lucy is worthless..

i don't know how well it'll be if they swap opponent..but if Lucy beat Fried..it will be by some stupid plot device..i can never agree that Lucy is anywhere near Fried class when she doesn't have Loki..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 04:58 AM
Q99

Aquarius likely has more raw power than Loke, not to mention she has Scorpio and Gemini now, Scorpio might be quite strong. Oh, and she got a magic whip from Edolas to boot.

Loke's overall probably her best... but she's hardly out of dangerous weapons or anything.

quote:
but if Lucy beat Fried..it will be by some stupid plot device..i can never agree that Lucy is anywhere near Fried class when she doesn't have Loki..

There's more to fighting than just "who's stronger." Fried's magic is basically a specific hax, and last time he had a prepared battlefield.

Lucy's fought some pretty darn powerful foes, like Angel. Between her new spirits and clever usage, there might be a lot she can do.

Despite their misgivings, I see the teams as pretty evenly matched.

Last edited by Q99 on Oct 5th, 2010 at 05:22 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 05:19 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Originally posted by Q99
Aquarius likely has just as much if not more raw power than Loke, not to mention she has Scorpio and Gemini and Ares now too, and Scorpio might be quite strong. Oh, and she got a magic whip from Edolas to boot.

Loke's overall more useful... but she's hardly out of dangerous weapons or anything.

There's more to fighting than just "who's stronger." Fried's magic is basically a specific hax, and if you can get around his hax you aren't bad off most of the time.

Lucy's fought some pretty darn powerful foes, like Angel. Between her new spirits and clever usage, there might be a lot she can do.

Also Cana's not walking into a prepared battlefield either. Well, we'll see what she can do.

Just don't count this team out is my point, I don't think they necessarily need a plot device to win.

Fried can just torture Lucy with his rune like he did to elfman and Kana..he torture Kana with his rune until she is KO..if he need to get physical..he can turn into a demon..he actually go toe to toe with demon Mira in this form..althou he got stomp when Mira started using her magical power..but physically..he's about equal to Mira's demon form..none of Lucy spirit can even compare to Fried..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 05:42 AM
Q99

Fried can just torture Lucy with his rune like he did to elfman and Kana..he torture Kana with his rune until she is KO..if he need to get physical..he can turn into a demon..he actually go toe to toe with demon Mira in this form..althou he got stomp when Mira started using her magical power..but physically..he's about equal to Mira's demon form..none of Lucy spirit can even compare to Fried..

Almost all of which is melee oriented, and Scorpio has a big gun.

Also, what if Gemini copies Fried? Then it can un-do his runes and enchantments as he does them ala Levy.

This time, they will have a much better idea of what they're up against.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 05:51 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Originally posted by Q99
Almost all of which is melee oriented, and Scorpio has a big gun.

Also, what if Gemini copies Fried? Then it can un-do his runes and enchantments as he does them ala Levy.

This time, they will have a much better idea of what they're up against.

ahh..i forgot about Gemini..she may have a chance then..but that's about it..i still think the others are useless and can't even compare to Fried..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 05:58 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Originally posted by Q99
They don't seem better off than Levy and Gajeel, unless Mest's noticeably stronger than Gajeel..

Have a feeling he is. He almost pasted last time, where someone like Gray went quite badly. Trained under Mystgun and is a crowd favourite.

And why can Fried compete but not Gajeel?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 01:13 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

I'm actually wondering why Juvia can compete and not Gajeel...

Erza saying that it's too early for him is a bit vague considering both Juvia and Gajeel joined at the same time and have both proven their loyalty...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:51 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
I'm actually wondering why Juvia can compete and not Gajeel...

Erza saying that it's too early for him is a bit vague considering both Juvia and Gajeel joined at the same time and have both proven their loyalty...

Because Natsu beat Gajeel...sort of. Natsu still loses to Erza, until he beats her to get through the pass. lol!

I hope Natsu fights Ersa and beats her armor off...lol.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 09:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

The same way Gray beat Juvia? Though it could be that Makarov's just ticked that he was the one who busted the guild.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 10:04 PM
Q99

I'd say it's based on emotional maturity more, not power.

Natsu and Gray likely didn't compete last year because they were felt to be too much of hotheads, would be my guess.

Also it does leave a strong partner in the mix.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 12:46 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

If its based more on emotional maturity, then Gajeel should have been considered more than Juvia imo...

guess we'll find out soon enough...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 02:25 AM