KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Vs Wonderwoman

Superman Vs Wonderwoman
Started by: Hell Lancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
i think that is the same arc, yes.

i don't think one statement contradicts the comics that say otherwise, though.

not saying he's vastly superior or anything, but even gail simone agrees that he's at the very least stronger.

Oh yea, I agree as well, I'm just saying we can't take an event from that story as a sign of a major inequality between them either.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 08:46 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
Oh yea, I agree as well, I'm just saying we can't take an event from that story as a sign of a major inequality between them either.

oh, definitely not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 24th, 2010 09:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aztec
Reptilectric

Superman vs. Wonder Woman in Sacrafice was epic!! When I started reading comics, it was one of the main events/fights I read. Kudos for the awesome writing and fight scene. This fight alone proves that Diana can hang with Superman. She wasn't trying to kill him, but nevertheless was able to survive the event. Anyway, most of the encounters I've read about them aren't really fights, but more sparring per say. Other than Sacrifice, I remember reading a couple of issues of Superman (cant remember the numbering) where Diana had her armor and they were duking it out in the fortress of solitude. I can't remember what happened exactly, because I'm still missing a couple of back issues from that run. big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 06:18 AM
aztec is currently offline Click here to Send aztec a Private Message Find more posts by aztec Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimfaster

Wonder Woman is strong but not stronger than Superman. It is 20 odd years of reading comics and his gun. It can take in a fight, but not for long. But having said that, if neither of them had powers she wiped the floor with him.

While Superman is stronger, it has an advantage, simply because he is Kryptonian. Take away the powers of Diana, she is a seasoned warrior in close combat, sword fighting, archery, etc. She could probably give Batman a run for its money.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 06:44 AM
jimfaster is currently offline Click here to Send jimfaster a Private Message Find more posts by jimfaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Superman Vs Wonder Woman

Originally posted by Hell Lancer
I know [Clark and Diana] have fought on several occassions but I have trouble getting my hands on the issues...

also some of the links on the WonderWoman respect thread are broken sad

When DC Comics Official Message Boards were still in operation
(gone only a month now, actually, beginning of March 2012), I used to look at this place as part-model for how a fan forum SHOULD be, especially when it came to KMC's "respect" threads:

fans simply talking about their favorite characters and subjects --
with a battleship load of visual aids to further dialogue!

KMC had several problems, though. Still does.

1) People rarely, if ever, cite good reference information for their entries.
2) People re-use images without translation, or borrow them from others and fail to translate through a different host provider.

For the first, a simple source, author, penciller, and date for each set might work wonders in making people aware of where they can actually purchase these story favorites.

For the second ... well, it sure would be nice if fans were in the habit of sharing where free, no-registration host providers can be found.

Actually, THE most effective solution I can see is simply to use KMC's own image-uploading programs. That way, for as long as KMC is around, the images are around. When KMC goes out, the images would follow, of course, but, at that point, who would care?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 05:50 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

At any rate, back to the subject of this thread: Superman versus Wonder Woman. I find it more than a little disconcerting that this discussion has to take place in a nearly Superman-exclusive forum, and that there IS no Wonder Woman forum where this could take place.
Granted, most are going to know what Superman is capable of.
How many people are going to know what Diana can do, though?
Where are they going to get THEIR information?

It's a worse problem than most people realize.
It is common in any "versus" discussion to list favorite feats to prove the prowess of one's favorite fighter, for instance.
You can do that with Superman. He has 3 titles to himself, all of which have him showcasing various feats of strength, speed, durability, etcetera.
You can't do that with Wonder Woman.
She only has 1 title. And that one is typically NOT wont to show her doing anything wondrous or particularly noteworthy.
In point of fact, nearly every top-tier feat you will ever see Wonder Woman perform from roughly 1986 to the present year is to be found in some GROUP title.

Still, she does have them. Perhaps if I show some of them in this thread in the days or whatever time periods available to come,
I can raise awareness, challenge perspectives, and give this discussion something more genuinely solid to go on.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, though. Let me just begin, for ...

Attachment: 10 wonder woman v2 221 omactoss007.jpg
This has been downloaded 143 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 06:17 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Tandiandthe223

Wonder Woman versus sound barrier, brick wall, and One Man Army Corps (OMAC) unit, scan 2 ...

Attachment: 20 wonder woman v2 221 brick wall smash.jpg
This has been downloaded 123 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 06:28 AM
bluewaterrider

Tandiandthe223

Actually, now that I think of it, let me post a fuller scan to show the specific MENTION of the sonic-barrier breaking, along with exactly where this is taking place, AND the wall smash.
KMC's 250 KB size limit is stringent, but I still should have enough room for THAT without interuppting the flow ...

Wonder Woman versus OMAC, scan 2 (fuller version)

Attachment: 20 wonder woman v2 221 page 17.jpg
This has been downloaded 132 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 06:47 AM
Q99

quote:

How many people are going to know what Diana can do, though?
Where are they going to get THEIR information?

Let me introduce you to the Comic respect forum and the Wonder Woman respect thread smile

Your posts would be most appreciated there.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:28 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Tandiandthe223

It might be worth a moment to explain, at the least, that an OMAC is a "super" cyborg. The form Diana was fighting was nanotechnology that took over ordinary human people and made them into such powerful fighting forces that they could fight and eliminate people in the class of Captain Marvel, Eradicator, and Superman.

Over in KMC's "All New Supergirl Respect Thread" (which is actually now about 5 years old -- time flies!), one can be seen reversing a choke Supergirl put one in (JLA #122, Volume 1), applying it instead to HER.

This is particularly interesting to note when one considers that the writings of Jeph Loeb, Joe Kelly, and Mark Verheiden all provide evidence that Kara was, in fact, physically stronger than her cousin Kal-el, alias Clark Kent, aka Superman.

Below, you can see an OMAC giving the Man of Steel himself some problems ...

Attachment: superman versus omac. 80 percent.jpg
This has been downloaded 130 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:37 AM
bluewaterrider

Tandi and the 223

... here is how Diana deals with the OMAC.

This scene is powerfully drawn by Rags Morales, who gives Wonder Woman a physically strong and dynamic physique in most portrayals.

It is worth noting, however, that JUST muscling around her opponent wouldn't accomplish her objective.

Diana is ALSO demonstrating tactical battle-planning here.

The extreme cold disables the nanotechnology commanding the relatively innocent victim within the super-unit ...

Attachment: 30 wonder woman v2 221 nitrobath.jpg
This has been downloaded 133 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:47 AM
bluewaterrider

Tandiandthe223

... and once Diana's strong fingers gently crack the ice now encasing the OMAC's victim, her fight is won.

Source: Wonder Woman #221, Volume 2
Writer: Greg Rucka
Pencillers: Rags Morales & Cliff Richards
Date: November 2005

Attachment: 50 wonder woman v2 221 cold reassurance01.jpg
This has been downloaded 125 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:52 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^You can always use one of image hosting sites like photobucket, imageshack or turboimagehost and link the images.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:01 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Alas, Q does not remember me ...

I actually have a few posts in one of the threads you mention.
To be fair, however, my last submission there was more than 2 years ago. Nice to know you're still friendly after all this time, though!
Greetings, once again!

Abhilegend,

I thank you for the tip, and, for the last of your sites, I intend to pay a lot of visitation if it allows no-registration uploading. Know that I intend the scans here to be shared; you are welcome to submit anything I post in this thread through the places Q mentioned. I think it best for me personally to continue with KMC-only uploads for now, however.

You see, I have 3 TIMES in the past had Image Host Providers go out of service on me (ImageHoop.com, picamatic.com, and AllYouCanUpload.com, respectively).

On the other hand, annoying though KMC's limited size is, it has proven a STABLE uploader for several years.
I want the work I share here to last as long as possible, Abhi.
It DOES take time to submit this stuff, after all ...

Thank you once again!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:24 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Alas, Q does not remember me ...

I actually have a few posts in one of the threads you mention.
To be fair, however, my last submission there was more than 2 years ago. Nice to know you're still friendly after all this time, though!
Greetings, once again!

Abhilegend,

I thank you for the tip, and, for the last of your sites, I intend to pay a lot of visitation if it allows no-registration uploading. Know that I intend the scans here to be shared; you are welcome to submit anything I post in this thread through the places Q mentioned. I think it best for me personally to continue with KMC-only uploads for now, however.

You see, I have 3 TIMES in the past had Image Host Providers go out of service on me (ImageHoop.com, picamatic.com, and AllYouCanUpload.com, respectively).

On the other hand, annoying though KMC's limited size is, it has proven a STABLE uploader for several years.
I want the work I share here to last as long as possible, Abhi.
It DOES take time to submit this stuff, after all ...

Thank you once again!

Photobucket is the safest for such type of failure.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, I find it reliable too.

---

One of the things I like most about the OMAC fight- that happens right after her big knock down, drag out fight with Superman, and she's still capable of taking on three high-level foes no prob. Really highlights her endurance/recovery speed.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 09:53 AM
bluewaterrider

You guys rock for trying to give me the input I need, but I don't think you quite understand what I meant.

When I said I had Image Host Providers fail me three times in the past, I don't mean simply that I tried uploading something and it wouldn't upload. I mean that the entire catalogue of images I'd put online to that point, several dozen scans in each case, were forever wiped out because the Image Host Provider WENT OUT OF BUSINESS.

Search "ImageHoop.com" and you will get nothing for your effort.
Same with "AllYouCanUpload.com" or even "Aycu.com", its more convenient acronym address. You will find nary a trace of it.
Picamatic ALMOST became one of these casualties, going out for several weeks before finally being brought back.

No, it is far more than just the annoyance of some mere handful of pictures getting lost that I'M trying to combat.
Only one who has outfitted a thread of some size can understand what it's like to lose the labor of many hours to such an affair, though. Nevertheless, I thank you both again for trying to help.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 09:17 AM
bluewaterrider

Q,

Regarding the OMAC fight, and the fact that Wonder Woman was injured and still doing better than most DC Heroes ...?

I agree. In fact, I was going to point out not only that, but the fact that Diana spent most of that preceeding fight (Sacrifice) battling a Superman who was NOT at his normal levels, nor even at "holding back" levels, nor even at "murderously enraged" levels.

He was SUNCHARGED and murderously enraged, and not holding back, and using every primal resource available to scour "Doomsday" off the face of the Earth. Effectively double or triple-boosted Superman was what Diana was facing.

Attachment: 70 wonder woman v2 219 07.jpg
This has been downloaded 104 time(s).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 09:31 AM
bluewaterrider

To reiterate, the nearly-deciding stage of Sacrifice was, to judge from visual evidence, the Sun's scorching corona, boon to the Man of Steel, bane to Diana:

Attachment: 80 wonder woman v2 219 07. people forget sacrifice's location.jpg
This has been downloaded 108 time(s).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 09:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In fairness, the Superman she fought wasn't exactly at his best. Her lasting as long as she did was still a good feat, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 10:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote