KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Knee, actually.

Inner thigh. Dart probably has a long hose. wink

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 11:07 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

2:03 to 2:31. Reaction speed feat for Dart (man does he have all the feats? confused )

Later in the game, Dart is able to keep up with Lloyd's speed whereas during the first disc he was overwhelmed by it.

Again, Lloyd himself is fast enough to do all that. (:01 to :50) He goes completely invisible at times.

Anyway, I'll defer this thread to you for now 5L since you and a friend are actually taking the time to play through it again.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:06 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Originally posted by NemeBro
Shana and Miranda were only useless because they could not use any ****ing additions.

That, the fact that their only good stats were magic def. and that they couldn't use magic. I think Meru, Shana/ Miranda, and Rose should have had magic. I mean hell, Shana is by far the worst character because she just lacks in so many ways. Meru is slightly better, not doesn't come close to even want to use in your party. Also, I think the fact that Dart's dragoon magic is just so much better than the others is crap. Like, Red_Eyed Dragon is 175% to all is just cheap considering nobody else has that kind of power. Sony needs to remake this game and fix that. I think that was the only problem I really with the game. Well that and how those 3 characters were useless because of it. Other than that the game is perfect.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 12:42 AM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Meh I changed my mind. I can't hold back.

7:33-7:37. More of Dart's durability. Takes a punch from Kongol who is easily a class 100 guy as seen in the video on the first page where he catches that massive stone fist. Dart wasn't even knocked out and more to the point he ran INTO the punch making it even more powerful.

6:00-6:59. Dart is shown to be fast enough to tag a thief named Mappi and fast enough to easily sidestep a close range surprise attack from him too. Mappi himself as you can see is fast enough to easily dodge a thrust and a couple of slashes from Rose.

I remember Dart being called 'featless' in the past. As we can see now, this is hardly the case. Hell, thus far it seems to me that LoD had more frequent cutscene feats than FF7 or FF8 did.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 04:55 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
I remember Dart being called 'featless' in the past. As we can see now, this is hardly the case. Hell, thus far it seems to me that LoD had more frequent cutscene feats than FF7 or FF8 did.
Truf.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 05:02 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Another great speed/reaction time feat.

9:18-9:22. The thief Mappi makes a leap at Haschel. Dart who wasn't even in the room somehow dashes in and knocks Mappi back before he even touches the ground. Can someone roughly math that?

Last edited by CosmicComet on Apr 25th, 2010 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 06:18 PM
CosmicComet

4:19-5:06. Heavy bleeding from Emperor Doel after Dart slashes through his thunder dragoon armor, killing him. Good strength feat.

6:21-6:38. Dart sends the giant Virage creature staggering back towards a cliff. Good strength feat again on Dart's part. The Virage themselves are durable enough to survive in lava, can regenerate lost limbs, and of course are very strong--most likely well over class 100.

5:12-5:14. Dart cuts through four ghost knights that charged at him from all sides in an instant. Good speed/reaction time feat.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 09:53 PM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

^why do you keep posting feats that are lame? The only good feat any of them have is killing legendary dragons (one of which was a god but didn't exactly show that kind of strength in battle). Dart doesn't have any good cut scene feats. Hell, Kongol has the only good one: lifting and holding a giant ass statue. What are you trying to accomplish?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 11:18 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

If you are paying attention to anything I've been posting and actually understanding context, then there is no way you can call these feats lame without some mental imbalance. Especially durability wise.

'What are you trying to accomplish?'. What a retarded question, I do believe this is a respect thread of your making. Now kindly shut up, while I make your thread awesome.

Albert shatters Doel's light and shadow swords in a future fight on the moon, starting at 2:34.

Another durability feat for Dart (and Rose). They are fighting the Darkness Dragon which they can't seem to hurt. Rose tells him the weakspot at 5:22, that they have to attack its heart after it fires its Black Lazer cannon at them. That lazer was shown to one shot a Virage, they get hit with it and then go on to win.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 11:52 PM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Originally posted by CosmicComet
If you are paying attention to anything I've been posting and actually understanding context, then there is no way you can call these feats lame without some mental imbalance. Especially durability wise.

'What are you trying to accomplish?'. What a retarded question, I do believe this is a respect thread of your making. Now kindly shut up, while I make your thread awesome.

Albert shatters Doel's light and shadow swords in a future fight on the moon, starting at 2:34.

Another durability feat for Dart (and Rose). They are fighting the Darkness Dragon which they can't seem to hurt. Rose tells him the weakspot at 5:22, that they have to attack its heart after it fires its Black Lazer cannon at them. That lazer was shown to one shot a Virage, they get hit with it and then go on to win.

No no no. I've played the game multiple times. I know all their feats. In fact, I'm currently playing the game AGAIN.

The feats are lame if you compare to other games. I admit, no normal humans could do any of the things they do. Though, I just dont think TLoD has any feats that are worth while. As much as I love this game I just dont see any worth while feats in here. And after watching the first 5 vids you posted, I decided that rest would be more wastes of time. Also, from what I've seen all your posting is game play mechanics (which are non canon for the most part. There are very few exception. TLoD doesn't have any).
This is a respect forum. Constantly posting feats is retarded since this isn't even a "Verses" forum. If you cant give me a valid reason on what you're trying to accomplish, why are you on this thread?

That's just my opinion though. I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch about any of this.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 12:20 AM
NemeBro

The Respect forum's main function is to provide a gateway to feats that may be used on the versus forum.

So stfu.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 12:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Excellent. You truly didn't understand a damn thing. Absolutely nothing I've posted can be termed 'gameplay mechanics', do not go haphazardly using phrases incorrectly.

Everything I've posted is canon. They've been either non-battle scripted events or in-battle scripted events. Scripted events = canon.

Posting feats is exactly the kind of thing that goes in a respect thread, you are somehow unfamiliar with this? No one said anything about this being a 'versus section', however you ironically are making it one yourself by saying they shouldn't be posted because you think they aren't impressive feats relative to other games(I disagree). Who cares?? It's a respect thread for LoD and LoD alone.

And that's exactly what I'm doing here, scouring for cool videos for a game I respect. While all you've contributed is posting a picture and talking about how lame Shana and Miranda are. If you somehow didn't comprehend that as the 'valid reason' why I'm here from the get go, then you are as retarded as my first impression gave me.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Apr 26th, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 12:39 AM
NemeBro

*Gave

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 12:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

^lol thanks.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 12:45 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

^lol thanks.

Dude, you're hogging all the good stuff! stick out tongue

Valley of Corrupted Gravity.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 02:00 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Alright, no more from me. You can have the rest.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 02:02 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I'm gonna need some, time, ok? Me and Yoda are beating it together for nostalgia, and we play about once a week.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 02:19 AM
NemeBro

6:21-6:38. Dart sends the giant Virage creature staggering back towards a cliff. Good strength feat again on Dart's part. The Virage themselves are durable enough to survive in lava, can regenerate lost limbs, and of course are very strong--most likely well over class 100.
I would like to point out that this is not really a strength feat, the Virage did not appear to me to be knocked back by Dart, rather, it fell off the edge due to weakness from its injuries.

Other than that good job.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 03:12 AM
CosmicComet

Well I should have said the initial impact of Dart's blow made it slide back maybe 20 feet, but yeah Dart got the last blow in.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Apr 26th, 2010 at 03:18 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 03:15 AM
Keollyn
Qitian Dasheng

This thread is moving.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 04:04 AM
Keollyn is currently offline Click here to Send Keollyn a Private Message Find more posts by Keollyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote