KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Human form Dart can jump about 6 ft in the air.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 04:47 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

^Much more than that.

Crew fights Kongol again, this time he comes wearing special Gigantos armor, according to him the strongest there is. His steps cause the tower they are in to shake. At 2:32 Rose shatters his armor with a single stab after the fight is over.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 05:19 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Oh yeah, I forgot about those finishing blows, like to the Virage, for example. stick out tongue

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 05:24 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Here's the Dragoon question of the century: Is Haschel's 2nd addition called "Flurry of Styx", "Ferry of Styx", or "Fury of Styx"?

I think it's "Ferry of Styx" because that makes the most sense.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 04:56 PM
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Shit... I miss that game, I wanna play again.
The Legend Of Dragoon rocks.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 05:44 PM
GrieverSquall is currently offline Click here to Send GrieverSquall a Private Message Find more posts by GrieverSquall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

There is a petition online for a LoD remake. Find it, and sign it.
These kinds of things never work, but at least an effort was made.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOD2/petition.html

That's the link for one:

Last edited by LLLLLink on May 2nd, 2010 at 07:29 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 07:27 PM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I remember doing that petition like 2 years ago. Not enough people even care about that game to do it. T_T

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 04:10 AM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LLLLLink
There is a petition online for a LoD remake. Find it, and sign it.
These kinds of things never work, but at least an effort was made.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOD2/petition.html

That's the link for one:

Yeah, I did that petition a year ago. But... I wonder if they are really thinking in making a sequel... Let's pray for that.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 03:20 AM
GrieverSquall is currently offline Click here to Send GrieverSquall a Private Message Find more posts by GrieverSquall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I just got to the part where Kongol catches that rock. It was a lot bigger than I remembered.
Also, Haschel busted a 20+ ft rock door.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 04:20 AM
CosmicComet

I believe there was a scene where Dart demonstrates that he can turn into a dragoon as quickly as he thinks about it. I forgot exactly what was happening though but it was outside of battle in a 3d 'sprite' scene in one of the towns.

Also I'm going to be playing through the game soon myself (with some cheats to make it faster) so I can point out all this stuff easier.

Old Post May 7th, 2010 08:05 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Dragoons are powered by insanity, according to Rose.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 01:34 AM
CosmicComet

3:59-8:26
Dart and Lavitz engage and beat a ninja-esque opponent that can use a shadow clone technique as seen at 6:35.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:27 PM
CosmicComet

Dart and crew defeat an underground creature called Jiango after they are dropped down to its lair. Jiango is strong enough and heavy enough to shake the entire cave they are in and subsequently bring down stalactites from the ceiling--all with just a little jumping up and down.

When you beat it, it crashes into a boulder and the boulder collapses opening up a secret path. Again, that's how heavy/dense it is. Its a big feat to be able to damage that thing.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 01:42 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I'm pretty sure this thread died because of your nonsense. Making a respect thread into a thread about feats within game mechanics, which 99% of the time dont even apply. I hate you.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 01:45 AM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

You moron. gtfo with your nonsense, nothing 'died' here. respect threads aren't discussion threads, they are for archiving feats which i am doing.

Again, don't ever use words that you have no idea the meaning of either. 'gameplay mechanics'. Lmao.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 01:57 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Yeah, because if nobody is posting anything on a thread it totally isn't dead.
And you're wrong about your "argument" about the feats thing. Feats in respect threads are used to compliment the character on top of everything else that makes them, them. Just posting feats doesn't accomplish anything you imbecile.
And how are you going to get out of my own thread. F****** troll

Last edited by Omnislash Kid on May 13th, 2010 at 02:03 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2010 01:59 AM
CosmicComet

Again. You have no idea what you are talking about or the purpose of respect threads here. Noob.

They archive feats so as to use them as a database for possible threads. Besides that, the feats I'm posting ARE making the characters look good. If you don't think they do, its simply the dated graphical representations that are getting to you. Don't be so simple minded.

You've contributed nothing to your own thread. I and LLLLLink have made your thread awesome.

And who's the troll here, the guy abiding by the POINT of respect threads or the guy who randomly drops by to complain like a fool for some odd reason?

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 13th, 2010 at 02:09 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2010 02:06 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Every vid your posting are all game mechanics. They dont count for much. And I'm not really trolling. I'm simply stating that what you're doing in my opinion is retarded. Also, based off the fact that nobody is even posting anything on this thread it's probably because the amount of ridiculous space you're using posting nonsense. Go to every other respect thread, not only on this site but others, and tell me if you see every single person posting vids about gameplay mechanics (which is what they are). I can promise you that a respect thread is meant for conversation and discussing the characters abilities and things they like about the game. Not just the characters, fool. And you're not really justifying they're badassary with all of these vids, considering they're all gameplay. Unless it's something like fighting Melbu Frahma, it's not very special. You dont count any items or weapons in games as anything to consider when it comes to feats, exceot in this case Dragon Buster, since it was actually used to kill dragon. However, when actually using it it's nowhere near the level it's at when it's referenced to. That's because of gameplay mechanics. Damn.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 02:18 AM
CosmicComet

God ****ing damn. There is not a single Legend of Dragoon respect thread that I can find on the net that has anything more than 2 posts. Other than this one. Perhaps understand the reason for your thread's relative invariance of posters; HARDLY ANYONE REMEMBERS OR HAS PLAYED THIS GAME.

I am doing your thread, (that would have sunk forever after 5 posts) a service by posting things.

Also:

Game mechanics: items, potions, HP, MP, stats in general etc.

Do you understand simpleton? What am I posting here? I am posting canon fact. Everything I have posted, is canon fact.

I am not talking about hypothetical item combinations, boss strategies, or anything that has to do with mere player input/results. I am posting things like mid-battle, and out-of-battle cutscenes and whatever in general that highlights either party character or boss character abilities.

Never before have I come across a retard that complains that his own thread is being used appropriately, shall I start my own and just post all of this over? Apparently, you sir, would rather your thread be barren, dead, forgotten, and useless.

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 13th, 2010 at 02:36 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2010 02:32 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I'm not saying that I would have no one do anything with it. And items, weapons/ armor, ect. Are only used in verses threads or guides for explanation of what is best for what situation and for what character. Also, there are few cutscenes that really make them look amazing. I'm not saying these guys aren't amazing, but a lot of the game made them seem feeble until disk 3. Well, with the exceptions of bosses that are part of the main story line or are referenced to, which in this case are all part of the main story line. Emperor Doel would be a good fight to post since they're killing someone with the powers of the violet dragon, which is a main part of the story line. If you think about it, mos tof the things they fight up until disk three aren't very impressive. Though, I'm not saying they are either. I mean they killed a freaking god. That's remarkable. The only vid I've actually agreed with that has a good feet is Kongol catching and lifting up the statue and Haschel breaking through the stone wall. I'm not sure if you posted it or not, but when Shana obliterates the Uroboros, I think that was impressive. I thank you for trying to help, but I think you could post things better than unimpressive feats. I've also noticed a lot of the video you posted, like the fight between Dart and Lloyd would be debatable over whether or not it can be considered canon. No doubt it happened, but since it happened as part of a battle that's why I say it's debatable. A lot of the vids you're posted are like that.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 02:45 AM