KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic Mangog vs. Tyrant (depowered)

Classic Mangog vs. Tyrant (depowered)
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
He said Mangog. I can say Pak HOTM Hulk hasn't been defeated in combat either that doesn't make someone forget 99 percent of their other showings.

The thread however is calling for Silver Age Mangog, and you brought up a later version of the character. I don't know how well Tyrant would do against a G-Blast to the insides of himself, nor do you. Again this thread calls for the Silver Age version.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 04:02 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Stoic
The thread however is calling for Silver Age Mangog, and you brought up a later version of the character. I don't know how well Tyrant would do against a G-Blast to the insides of himself, nor do you. Again this thread calls for the Silver Age version.
He referred to Mangog like I said if we went both certain arcs the same could be said for many characters so it isn't impressive. Pay attention.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 03:20 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol. Two different characters. Current Mangog and Classic Mangog is different power level wise.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 03:51 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Horrificus
Now, do I really need to start posting Thor's beatings, or the number of times it is stated that Odin cannot defeat Mangog?

There are 2 more story arcs involving Mangog messing up Asgard, where Odin is actually involved.

But, I warn you, all that ever works against Mangog, all Odin is ever able to do, is mess with the spell. And, on one of those occasions, Odin dies doing it, AFTER he is amp'd by outside power Thor had to bring to him.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry. Go back in time and kill the writers.

YOU STATED he beat all of Asgard INCLUDING thor and Odin with ease... yet JUST AS I THOUGHT.. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. I remember the arc in question very well... I've read it.. Thought this is what you were referring to and knew he never defeated Odin. In fact, as soon as Odin awoke... Mangog was defeated with ease. Yet, for some reason, you're trying to act like you were correct in your statements. When in fact, you were not.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 04:56 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

^Actually Kurupt, in Thor 198 Odin almost died trying to defeat Mangog. You are thinking of Mangogs first arc.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 05:27 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

I don't remember it going that way... However, it still doesn't back up Horrificus claim.. that Mangog defeated Odin and Thor and all the asgardians with ease and without a scratch.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 06:08 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
Lol. Two different characters. Current Mangog and Classic Mangog is different power level wise.
No, it's the same character under different writers. When discussing a particular arc of any character you can claim he's never been defeated. It isn't saying much.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 07:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
YOU STATED he beat all of Asgard INCLUDING thor and Odin with ease... yet JUST AS I THOUGHT.. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. I remember the arc in question very well... I've read it.. Thought this is what you were referring to and knew he never defeated Odin. In fact, as soon as Odin awoke... Mangog was defeated with ease. Yet, for some reason, you're trying to act like you were correct in your statements. When in fact, you were not.
OK Clownie.
I will post the next arc, in which he DID do exactly what I said he did.
You really are a bit "goofy" arencha?
Anyway, once I do that, you will have been soundly negated.
I cancelled all of your other arguments and you still haven't been able to remain civil for even a moment.

Kudos to you buddy!

Also, to those of you who are interested, while using Mangog's feats in comparison to the feats of other characters, remember that most of Mangog's greatest feats have taken place in Asgard, against Gods and Giants.

Now, here is the thing, Asgard has 3 times the gravity of Earth and real-space. Also, all matter is described as being roughly 3 times as dense, heavy, strong, etc.

Something to think about.

Last edited by Horrificus on Feb 8th, 2012 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 05:43 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Tongue

No, it's the same character under different writers. When discussing a particular arc of any character you can claim he's never been defeated. It isn't saying much.
I would imagine that is, unless we are using the claim to support your side of an argument.

Hey! Do you like Thanos?
big grin

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 05:54 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Remember, this is a separate story arc from my previous posts.
Here is a taste of my future posts:

Looky here! Thor, knocked out, again. Neat!
And then, without even a coffee break, there is Mangog snatching up Odin, like a lil ole man.
And, yes, that is ODIN being mauled and tossed away by Mangog.
(please log in to view the image)

Here's another goody. Once again, within the space of two pages, Thor is getting PLANTED.
And, yes again! That is Odin unconscious. But, he is only beat up, I don't want to lie and let you believe that THIS is the death scene.
That comes a bit later in the story.
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Horrificus on Feb 8th, 2012 at 06:13 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:08 AM
Horrificus

Horrificus <-------------- Photographic Memory + Many Comic Books

Hey! Quanchi and KuRuPT Thanosi

Do you guys like Thanos?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Horrificus on Feb 8th, 2012 at 06:19 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:16 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I would imagine that is, unless we are using the claim to support your side of an argument.

Hey! Do you like Thanos?
big grin
It's selective logic to use one arc and pretend he cannot be beaten.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 07:00 AM
Horrificus

It's selective logic to use one arc and pretend he cannot be beaten.
But, that's not what I have been doing. The feats I have been presenting, along with Mangog's invincibility have been shown in at least 4 stories.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 02:51 PM
TheLordofMurder

Classic Mangog would own DP Tyrant and Thanos at the same time...

Horrificus has thoroughly cemented his argument...

Horrificus wins 10/10...

smile

Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 04:14 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

But, that's not what I have been doing. The feats I have been presenting, along with Mangog's invincibility have been shown in at least 4 stories.
He was never invincible. He was tough to take down but you are comparing him to Tyrant someone who was beating Galactus.
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Classic Mangog would own DP Tyrant and Thanos at the same time...

Horrificus has thoroughly cemented his argument...

Horrificus wins 10/10...

smile

Happy Dance
He couldn't beat either.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 04:28 PM
ODG

I think classic Mangog takes it pretty handily.

He was basically a Unimind-type being that was purely physical.

Don't see Tyrant getting around that with plot device.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:13 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think classic Mangog takes it pretty handily.

He was basically a Unimind-type being that was purely physical.

Don't see Tyrant getting around that with plot device.
Tyrant is on another level to the point of being a threat to Galactus himself and winning their battle up until the point Morg interfered with the un.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:14 PM
Horrificus

Tyrant is on another level to the point of being a threat to Galactus himself and winning their battle up until the point Morg interfered with the un.
Many characters have been a threat to Galactus, but usually after finding some way to amp themselves by gathering power that is above their true profile norms.

Due to his many feats, taking punishment and dishing it out, as well as the opponents he has defeated, I would describe him as being comparable to a much more powerful version of "Physical-Battle-Zeus".
(as per Hulk #622).
And, of course, with that physical aspect, Mangog still possesses his other abilities.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:46 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Many characters have been a threat to Galactus, but usually after finding some way to amp themselves by gathering power that is above their true profile norms.

Due to his many feats, taking punishment and dishing it out, as well as the opponents he has defeated, I would describe him as being comparable to a much more powerful version of "Physical-Battle-Zeus".
(as per Hulk #622).
And, of course, with that physical aspect, Mangog still possesses his other abilities.
Galactus actually backed down to him and prepared himself by being well fed before their confrotnation.

Tyrant would own that Zeus as well. Tyrant is just on another level.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:49 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Tyrant. De-powered or not, still feel he's way above such petty creatures.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:49 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote