KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Caedus: Questions about Him

Darth Caedus: Questions about Him
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

you said that he lied
but ultimately you are
grasping at the straws

anyway. It always
Comes down to the strongest Vs.
Sidious because

Sidious takes weak
ones out first, like he did on
coruscaunt, silly.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyway who gives
a shit your argument is
so far fetched that you

look so stupid when
you try and defend them and
you're condescending.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Free Man
you said that he lied
but ultimately you are
grasping at the straws

anyway. It always
Comes down to the strongest Vs.
Sidious because

Sidious takes weak
ones out first, like he did on
coruscaunt, silly.

Are you referring to if Luke using Battle Meld w/the NJO Council confronted Sidious?

Luke and the NJO Council would win in a stomp. Sidious as of ROTJ will have been out of practice with a saber, so he couldn't pull off that speed blitz feat from ROTS.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Are you referring to if Luke using Battle Meld w/the NJO Council confronted Sidious?

Luke and the NJO Council would win in a stomp. Sidious as of ROTJ will have been out of practice with a saber, so he couldn't pull off that speed blitz feat from ROTS.
And I am very sure
that you can provide proof and
you are not bullshitting.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:37 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Vader canonically < Caedus
Kyp canonically (well, virtually canonically) < Caedus

Miss the part when I said, "Not saying they'd win, but it'd be up for debate at least."

Pay more attention next time.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I am very sure
that you can provide proof and
you are not bullshitting.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Odd this strange silence
that follows when I demand
proof or evidence.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 12:59 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Odd this strange silence
that follows when I demand
proof or evidence.

I'm busy right now. I'll respond soon.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sure that you are
I have to go somewhere I
have no time left for

YOUR IDIOCY
today so im going to
go and obtain FUN

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 01:05 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok. So it appears that you wish for proof that Luke + the entire NJO Council > Sidious, which is obvious, since by this point in time Luke alone > ROTJ Sidious but here goes:

Luke was able to station himself so that even a supermassive black hole couldn't move him. Therefore, Sidious's TK wouldn't work on Luke. If Sidious tries Force lightning on any of them, the rest just blitz Sidious.

So Luke and the NJO Council could defeat Sidious with Force attacks alone, but, even if they somehow can't, in a saber fight ROTJ Sidious would lose badly to this team. ROTJ Sidious was out of practice in terms of lightsaber combat for quite a while, and he's facing a huge number of Jedi Masters, one of which is his superior, all using a Battle Meld. Luke back in TUF using Battle Meld with just Jaina and Jacen was moving so fast that it appeared as if he was wielding 20 lightsabers at once - take into account the fact that Luke is far stronger by this point in the SW mythos and that he's using Battle Meld with the entire NJO Council, and Luke and the Council easily beat Sidious.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 01:09 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Gideon

Battle rage + an unfair sneak assault before the fight begins = an advantage for Luke.

As we have talked about before: Caedus has NO EXCUSE for not being ready. He was told TWICE by Ben that Luke was right behind him. TWICE.

The term battle rage is interesting, considering that in Allies, Ben states he had never "seen his father fight this hard." That means, apparently, Luke had to have been holding something back against Caedus. Clearly not visible from the text in Inferno, but that is why we get more source materials. While it might have been canon previously to say Luke was going all out in that fight, we now have source material that casts doubt on that fact.

quote:

Ben's stupidity has nothing to do with this fight, since he attacked Caedus as well. A second party intervening on Luke's behalf? Another advantage for Luke.

Luke turned down a chance to kill Caedus early in the fight(while Caedus was entangled in the Vong vine thingy) because Ben was already yelling about killing Caedus.

Caedus later states that he was only lived through that duel because Ben was there.

(not to mention BEN was the one who GAVE AWAY luke's ninja attack. Without the knowledge of WHAT was happening, I have serious misgivings that he would have realized what that snap-hiss meant fast enough to save his life at the beginning of that fight.)

quote:
their third duel was won simply because Lumiya lost her fvcking footing. That's it. He didn't disarm her or annihilate her with a dazzling display of skill.

Lost her footing after being driven straight back to the edge of cliff because Luke was DOMINATING her.

quote:

Luke believed that the "no name Sith Lord" was on par with the two of them as swordsmen, not as a Force user. When you tell me how resisting telekinesis is a product of swordsmanship, I'll concede.

When I see ANYONE else reach out with the force and keep a ship from taking off, I'll admit ANYTHING Luke did in that book was weak. Yoda didn't even try, even though Dooku was still in the hanger when the danger to Kenobi and Anakin was passed.

Sidious didn't even try when the entire Alliance leadership was leaving the deathstar after killing Galan Marek.

Vader didn't try on Hoth, despite being in the room as the Falcon took off.

oh, and big grin

go easy on my new friend Ben. He just doesn't understand how things work yet, and he was making the same observations as I did in the Caedus fight, just didn't put it as elegantly factually.

Love you long time Gideon.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:31 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
TJ

luv u 2

I'm going to annihilate you in a truly epic manner, though. :/

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

TJ
As we have talked about before: Caedus has NO EXCUSE for not being ready. He was told TWICE by Ben that Luke was right behind him. TWICE.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:
Inferno
"You will be, "Ben said. "Dad's not dead. He's coming for you."

Jacen's scowl vanished. "You're not holding up as well as I thought." He patted Ben's arm. "Stop fighting it, and the hallucinations will pass."

You mean where Jacen was under the impression he was hallucinating?

quote:
Inferno
Ben waited until Jacen had closed the channel, then asked, "Still think I'm having hallucinations?"

Jacen glanced up at the ceiling, and Ben could feel him reaching out in the Force, actively searching for Luke-or any other saboteur. Finally, he shook his head and returned his attention to his captive.

"I'm afraid so, "he said. "I don't feel any Jedi presence at all, and if / don't, then neither do you-nothing real, anyway."

"That's because he doesn't want you to feel him, "Ben said. He sensed his father very near now, on the same deck and moving fast. "But he's here."

"And I suppose you'll help me find him if I let you go?' Jacen scoffed. "Nice try."

Ben glimpsed a dark figure stepping into the doorway. "I don't think you'll need any help finding him, Jacen. Dad's right behind you."

...Or where Caedus attempts to seek out the cloaked Luke through the Force and does not find any credible evidence of his presence?

quote:
Inferno
"You'll have to do better than that, Ben." Still facing Ben, Jacen laughed and threw his hands up in mock terror. " 'Look! Behind you!' That ruse was old when the stars were young."

Ben shrugged. "It's your funeral."

"It might be, if I were naive enough to let you summon that."

Jacen pointed at a vibrodagger lying on the deck, about two meters in front of Ben. Luke didn't know what it was doing there-whether Ben had attacked Jacen with it, or whether Jacen had been using it on Ben-but he started to accept that the horrible scene was real. He was, in fact, standing in the doorway of a secret cabin filled with Yuuzhan Vong torture devices, watching his twisted nephew taunt his captive son.

...Or where Jacen identified the possibility that it could simply be a distraction concocted by Ben in order to summon a vibrodagger? Three separate occasions where Jacen doesn't observe any facts or evidence to conclude that Skywalker would somehow be there. This hardly constitutes valid preparation time.

"Luke didn't give Jacen a chance to surrender. He just sprang."

^ Doesn't sound like a particularly courteous or generous way to start a duel.

quote:
TJ
The term battle rage is interesting,

You're right, it is interesting:

"Nothing else could have shocked Luke out of his BATTLE RAGE -- only the sight of Ben slipping so far to the dark side." Inferno, Chapter 20, sixth paragraph (I'm using ze online text).

quote:
TJ
considering that in Allies, Ben states he had never "seen his father fight this hard." That means, apparently, Luke had to have been holding something back against Caedus. Clearly not visible from the text in Inferno, but that is why we get more source materials. While it might have been canon previously to say Luke was going all out in that fight, we now have source material that casts doubt on that fact.

Sorry, I didn't quite make all of that out? Your words were garbled by the sound of you choking on your own desperation. Luke clearly had to fight Abeloth on a different level than his fight with Caedus, since Abeloth was a greater threat. It was desperation that drove Luke to fight this hard against Abeloth, not restraint. There's a difference: nothing suggests that Luke was restraining the use of his considerable skill against Caedus in combat.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Nice try.

quote:
TJ
Luke turned down a chance to kill Caedus early in the fight(while Caedus was entangled in the Vong vine thingy) because Ben was already yelling about killing Caedus.

quote:
Inferno
f Luke wanted to finish this -and it seemed like a good idea, given how battered he was himself- he had only a few seconds.

Luke closed to within two meters without saying a word. What point would there have been? Jacen wasn't going to surrender, and Luke wouldn't have believed him if he offered. It was better to attack quickly, while he still had the advantage. He brought his lightsaber up to strike.

"Wait!" Ben cried from behind him. "Let me do it!"

Astonished and appalled, Luke put a little too much weight on his injured knee-and fell as it buckled. He rolled beyond the reach of Jacen's lightsaber and looked back across the chamber. Ben was still strapped in the Embrace, but he had summoned the vibrodagger off the floor and was battling to cut himself free of the chair's lashing tentacles.

Luke shook his head. "I don't think so, Ben."

"You have to!" Ben insisted. "I deserve it!"

"Deserve it?" Luke returned to his feet, far angrier with Jacen than he had been just a moment earlier. "To kill someone?"

"You don't understand, "Ben insisted. "It was my fault. If I don't do this..."

"I said no, "Luke interrupted. How could Ben believe that he had a right to kill someone? "You're very confused, Ben. We'll talk about this later."

Giving his son no further chance to argue, Luke turned back to Jacen, who by now was almost free. Only one leg remained caught, though it was still entwined in a half a dozen places. Luke limped forward, circling toward Jacen's trapped side.

Jacen stopped cutting at the tendrils and flung a hand toward the ceiling.

"Dad, look — "

Luke was already throwing himself to the deck. A tremendous crash sounded from the illumination panel, and the chamber fell instantly dark. He rolled opposite the direction he had just been moving, but wasn't quick enough. The fixture smashed into his head and shoulders, slamming his face into the deck. He heard something crunch in his nose and was instantly choking on his own thick blood.

Interesting turn of events. We see further proof that Skywalker acknowledges that he hardly had this fight in hand (he seemed rather eager to end it due to the extent of his own injuries) and that he hardly chose not to kill Jacen, he fell as a result of his injured leg and surprise.

But the most damning part? Skywalker was attacked despite the fact that Jacen was still trapped by the tendrils. Whether or not Luke had ignored Ben and continued his assault is irrelevant; Caedus didn't have to be free in order to be dangerous to Luke. What's to say that he wouldn't have dropped the light fixture anyway?

Absolutely nothing, since Luke had warning from Ben and his own precognition to understand that the light fixture was about to be dropped and still couldn't avoid it.

quote:
TJ
Caedus later states that he was only lived through that duel because Ben was there.

:eyeroll:

quote:
Inferno, Chapter 20
In fact, it was probably that attack that had saved Caedus's life.

smile

quote:
TJ
(not to mention BEN was the one who GAVE AWAY luke's ninja attack. Without the knowledge of WHAT was happening, I have serious misgivings that he would have realized what that snap-hiss meant fast enough to save his life at the beginning of that fight.)

Ben "gave it away" more than once, TJ, but Caedus didn't believe him because he couldn't sense Skywalker through the Force. In fact, Caedus identified two very good reasons for Ben to be lying about Luke's presence.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
TJ
Lost her footing after being driven straight back to the edge of cliff because Luke was DOMINATING her.

quote:
Sacrifice
Lumiya raised her arm to flick the whip and get the momentum for the forward stroke. And then she cracked it, sending forks of dark energy crackling into the ground at his feet, making him jump back before he sprang forward again and brought the lightsaber around in a right-to-left arc that she parried with the whip's handle. He leapt out of range of the whirling tails again and again, then she paused and he edged closer again.

"You hate me that much?" he asked.

"I don't hate you at all."

"You killed her. You killed my Mara."

"Nothing personal." She looked as if she was smiling, but the movement was around her eyes rather than her cybernetic mouth. "Just doing what I swore an oath to the Emperor to do. To serve the dark side. Oaths matter, Luke. They're all you're left with in the end."

Nothing important here.

quote:
Sacrifice
She drew back her arm and brought the lightwhip crackling through the air, missing Luke by centimeters. He lunged at her again and again, driven back each time. She'd slow sooner or later.

But so would he.

So she strikes at him and barely misses; he lunges and is driven back each time; and then he muses that he would also grow fatigued from this.

Ownage Meter? Zero.

quote:
Sacrifice
Then, as she began to raise her arm again, he ran at her, so close in that she couldn't get the whip traveling at its maximum lethal speed. He forced her back, step by step, as she tried to maintain the distance she needed.

Skywalker lunges forward, denying her the ability to correctly use her weapon to its maximum lethality; she gives ground, however, in order to gain some distance enough to use the lightwhip. Sounds an awful lot like Anakin and Obi-Wan's duel.

Ownage Meter? I'll give him three points for being clever enough to mitigate her ability to correctly use her weapon. But other than that, the narration says she's letting herself being forced back in an effort to maintain enough distance to use the lightwhip, not because he's in Badass mode.

quote:
Sacrifice
One-two-three-four; she blocked him, handle held this way handle held this way, then that, using the whip like a short lightsaber to deflect him, but Luke didn't pause or shift direction to wrong-foot her. He drove her like a battering ram toward the edge of the mesa, pushing her within meters, then a step, of the edge.

She continues to give ground but blocks all of his strikes.

Ownage Meter? Zero.

quote:
Sacrifice
Lumiya held the whip handle in both hands like a staff and blocked his downward sweep. For a moment they were locked in a stalemate, pushing against each other and grunting with the effort, with only the sounds of exertion because they had nothing left to say to each other.

Does the world "stalemate" suggest ownage on Luke's part? Grunts of exertion, you say?

Ownage Meter? Zero.

quote:
Sacrifice
Her rear foot began to slide backward as she struggled for purchase. The edge of the mesa was cracked and fissured. The smooth glittering stone began to crumble.

Luke reached out and caught her hand as she fell, whip tumbling and bouncing down the steep rock face into oblivion. He leaned back, all his weight on his heels, knuckles clenched white with the strain of holding her weight, and for a second he wanted to see her face dwindling as she fell to her death, mouth open in a scream, but that wasn't the way to end this.

...And she loses her footing. No sign of superior skill or power here.

Ownage Meter? Zero.

quote:
TJ
When I see ANYONE else reach out with the force and keep a ship from taking off, I'll admit ANYTHING Luke did in that book was weak. Yoda didn't even try, even though Dooku was still in the hanger when the danger to Kenobi and Anakin was passed.

Sidious didn't even try when the entire Alliance leadership was leaving the deathstar after killing Galan Marek.

Vader didn't try on Hoth, despite being in the room as the Falcon took off.

oh, and big grin

That's not the point. The point is that if Luke is as powerful as you say he is (able to manipulate dovin basals and resist black holes without incident or effort), then he should be easily capable of immobilizing that shuttle.

quote:
TJ
go easy on my new friend Ben. He just doesn't understand how things work yet, and he was making the same observations as I did in the Caedus fight, just didn't put it as elegantly factually.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You both are terrible at arguing this, though...

luv u 2 baby

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:38 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, let me get down to brass taX. I'm not going to do this in the haiku style, since i'm tired and you're bullshit.
Ok. So it appears that you wish for proof that Luke + the entire NJO Council > Sidious, which is obvious, since by this point in time Luke alone > ROTJ Sidious but here goes:
your breakdown of a self created scenario is bullshit, not proof, as shown before, quite obviously. He doesn't have to be alone, either.
quote:

Luke was able to station himself so that even a supermassive black hole couldn't move him. Therefore, Sidious's TK wouldn't work on Luke. If Sidious tries Force lightning on any of them, the rest just blitz Sidious.
you forget ROTJ Sidious also has vader, boba fett, Old Mara Jade, FOTJ mara jade, and all of his imperial guards, who are pretty damn epic by themselves. We're not talking everyone vs just sidious. I'm just saying, if you get to magically transport your infallible team into sidious's throne room somehow where they all gank him, I get to teleport sidious's team in.

Also, who says sidious has to lightning one of them? He could lightning all of them. He had a force storm that ravaged planet's surfaces for christ's sake. One cast of that and we've got a bunch of toasted jedi.
quote:

So Luke and the NJO Council could defeat Sidious with Force attacks alone, but, even if they somehow can't, in a saber fight ROTJ Sidious would lose badly to this team. ROTJ Sidious was out of practice in terms of lightsaber combat for quite a while,
Says who? Saber skills might not eb with time, especially with a sith as advanced as sidious. He obviously hadn't whipped out the old saber since before 25-year-old anakin was a little boy, at least not onscreen and he blitzed every jedi except mace, and then proceded to toy with mace completely, then got up and fought yoda in the same god damn night. How do you think he's going to fare against Luke's pups?
quote:

and he's facing a huge number of Jedi Masters, one of which is his superior, all using a Battle Meld.
so somehow, the title of jedi master means something, and somehow they all get there alive and unharmed through whatever security/troops guard the emperor. go on...
quote:
Luke back in TUF using Battle Meld with just Jaina and Jacen was moving so fast that it appeared as if he was wielding 20 lightsabers at once
I'm sorry, did I hear someone say "mace windu did the exact same thing only better and without meld?" cause he did.
quote:
- take into account the fact that Luke is far stronger by this point in the SW mythos and that he's using Battle Meld with the entire NJO Council, and Luke and the Council easily beat Sidious.
How do you know all the NJO can perform mind meld at once? hmmmmm??? is there some point where they do this?

Also, it's an ancient practice... why doesn't sidious do it with his home dogs if its so great?

Alright, so wait, what's the official scenario your going with? how do luke and company get there?

EDIT: also, meld doesn't make you hit faster, it makes more than one jedi move as one being, with perfect team work.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:42 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, if you so chose to reply to my post with more bullshit, please copy/paste your reply to the appropriate thread. We would not want to hijack this thread.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:49 AM
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Lumiya > Sidious

Based on the Lumiya v Luke duels discussed in this thread, it sure sounds like Lumiya is probably better than Sidious, since Luke is apparently not able to best Lumiya until "she loses her footing."

So is that the intention of the authors and George Lucas? To show that Lumiya was actually more powerful than Sidious? Or is it merely to show that Luke Skywalker may be extremely powerful, but NOT INVINCIBLE. I think the people are reading too much into the duels with Lumiya and giving her way too much credit....

In the first duel, Luke was distracted at one point by Mara's troubles against Alema. That's because of attachment, which Yoda warns against. That's hardly a reason to devalue Luke's power; it is more to criticize his decision to take a wife.

I'm not saying that Lumiya is weak, not by any means, but the way the texts (Sacrifice, and the other LOTF books) are being interpreted here, you make it sound like Lumiya is on par with Luke. So if Luke > Sidious, as a ton of folks believe, then Lumiya > Sidious?

To the Lumiya lovers, please clarify your thoughts on her power.

Last edited by SWFan4Life on Jun 5th, 2010 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:33 AM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: So Lumiya > Sidious

Originally posted by SWFan4Life
[B]Based on the Lumiya v Luke duels discussed in this thread, it sure sounds like Lumiya is probably better than Sidious, since Luke is apparently not able to best Lumiya until "she loses her footing."
A>B and B>C therefor A>C does not work. Don't even try it.
quote:

So is that the intention of the authors and George Lucas? To show that Lumiya was actually more powerful than Sidious? Or is it merely to show that Luke Skywalker may be extremely powerful, but NOT INVINCIBLE. I think the people are reading too much into the duels with Lumiya and giving her way too much credit....
Or to prove that lukes a sap and sucks at life. Option C is always better.
quote:

In the first duel, Luke was distracted at one point by Mara's troubles against Alema. That's because of attachment, which Yoda warns against. That's hardly a reason to devalue Luke's power; it is more to criticize his decision to take a wife.
"That doesn't count, i'm not ready" philosophy doesn't work here either. Everyone has distractions during combat.
quote:

I'm not saying that Lumiya is weak, not by any means, but the way the texts (Sacrifice, and the other LOTF books) are being interpreted here, you make it sound like Lumiya is on par with Luke. So that means Luke > Sidious, if everyone here believes Luke > Sidious?
No, not necessarily. Luke has more feats, but how does that compare to Sideous's abilities gathered and put into practice for 100 years?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by Moriarty on Jun 5th, 2010 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:38 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

You people who are desperately attempting to wedge your heads neck deep into the dark abyss that is Luke Skywalker's bumhole ought to consider calming down and think about this rationally.

No one here is suggesting that Luke Skywalker is anything other than extremely powerful. No one. No one. NO ONE.

quote:
LukeFan4Life
Based on the Lumiya v Luke duels discussed in this thread, it sure sounds like Lumiya is probably better than Sidious, since Luke is apparently not able to best Lumiya until "she loses her footing."

That makes a ton of sense.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not.

First, Lumiya was one of Palpatine's agents (just like Mara Jade). Her fighting technique and her tactical acumen is largely due to the Emperor's training.

Second, Lumiya confessed to Jacen in the Legacy of the Force series that, like Vader, she lacks the capacity to use the Force to its greatest potential, even though her powers don't seem all that limited. Interestingly enough, she mentions "neither did [Darth Vader's powers seem all that limited], except compared to the Emperor, whose powers had no limit." This is tantamount to an admission that she isn't on par with the Emperor.

Third, unlike Vader, Lumiya has not been established to be remarkably powerful in the Force. She's just a highly trained fighter with excellent technique.

Being able to challenge and defeat Luke Skywalker does not necessarily mean that she's on par with the Emperor, but if you'd like to make your case, feel free to do so.

quote:
GuyWithHeadUpLuke'sAss
So is that the intention of the authors and George Lucas? To show that Lumiya was actually more powerful than Sidious? Or is it merely to show that Luke Skywalker may be extremely powerful, but NOT INVINCIBLE.

Well, since I left my portable mind reader in my dorm room, I couldn't tell you. My guess? The authors and editing team are trying to keep Luke from becoming a walking Marty Stu.

quote:
GuyWithHeadUpLuke'sAss
I think the people are reading too much into the duels with Lumiya and giving her way too much credit....

Well, I can tell you on behalf of all the other Lumiya Lovers, we care a great deal what you think.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm being sarcastic, as Lumiya Lovers are prone to do.

quote:
GuyWithHeadUpLuke'sAss

no expression

You shame your idol with your inability to see the point, which is thus: Skywalker losing to Lumiya or being unable to stop an escaping shuttle isn't proof (or intended to be proof) that he sucks. It's intended to prove that the guy clearly isn't capable of unleashing WTFLOLuber telekinesis capable of manipulating dovin basals or resisting black holes whenever he feels like it. Otherwise he would have clearly been able to crush Lumiya like a tin can and likewise to the shuttle.

quote:
AnnoyingPerson
I'm not saying that Lumiya is weak, not by any means, but the way the texts (Sacrifice, and the other LOTF books) are being interpreted here, you make it sound like Lumiya is on par with Luke.

The texts are being interpreted factually, as judged by the fact that you haven't bothered to refute the points made. You just don't like the conclusions.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: No one cares. Make your case or don't, but for God's sake, don't whine.

quote:
AnnoyingPerson
So if Luke > Sidious, as a ton of folks believe, then Lumiya > Sidious?

Is HWKN some sort of e-solar flare to the rest of the Retard Kingdom? Your invasion of this noble establishment will not succeed!

quote:
HWKN 2.0
To the Lumiya lovers, please clarify your thoughts on her power.

She's a Force user of seemingly moderate capability with considerable technique and training?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:51 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon

You people who are desperately attempting to wedge your heads neck deep into the dark abyss that is Luke Skywalker's bumhole ought to consider calming down and think about this rationally.

No one here is suggesting that Luke Skywalker is anything other than extremely powerful. No one. No one. [B]NO ONE

*Raises hand*

confused

sad

*puts hand down*

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:59 AM
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gideon, I'm not disagreeing with your point that Luke can't ALWAYS be uber TK, Majin Buu, super saiyan, etc.

The assumptions I made in my post are just based on everyone's discussion on Lumiya v. Luke.

And contrary to you, I actually DO care what folks like you think about the EU, because that's why I joined the forums. I enjoy reading people's opinions on these things.

And factual texts are still interpreted differently by different people (i.e. Lumiya blocking all attacks, while continuing to lose ground = Ownage level for Luke is Zero.) Not necessarily, Lumiya is retreating...(but again this is my view compared to others, which I do enjoy reading)

And don't compare me to that HKWhatever lol.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 06:02 AM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote