KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Avatar: The Legend of Korra
Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (127): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

yeah it did, and not just from a fans perspective, it was just a bad movie


__________________

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 12:16 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Gender: Male
Location: Up and Down and All Around

From a movie stand point, it's a bad movie. Effects are tolerable if suspension of disbelief is present. Otherwise, every thing is either mild or horrible depending on perspective. And the movie logically makes no sense either.

Fire Lord:"We don't need the Earth Benders bending earth. Throw them on slave boats to prevent that."
Fire Nation Grunt:"Well.....we do have them in camps and their spirit is broken."
Fire Lord:"Well where are the camps?"
Fire Nation Grunt:"Next to a mountain. Don't worry, their spirit is broken and we have 4 campfires there just in case."
Fire Lord:"Hahahaha brilliant."

/Movie logic fail.


__________________

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 03:08 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

my personal favorites

zuko: "come with me, or i will destroy the village"
aang: "I'll come with you, just don't hurt the village"

then there is possibly the most horrible and most pointless line in the show

aang: stops in the middle of a large battle, to say "the monks would meditate a lot, some monks would meditate for four days" paraphrasing, i probably butchered the line, but still, you get the idea.

aang: after escaping from zuko "we need to go to the northern water tribe."
soka: "there are a lot of villages on the way that are controlled by the fire nation, we could go from town to town, freeing them, on our way to the northern water tribe."
aang nods. rest of movie is a montage of them doing this.


__________________

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 03:46 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by menokokoro


though earth has some awesome aspects to it, because almost no one could sneak up on you, and almost nothing could stand in your way, like doors, walls etc. also finding things would be really quick, your stability is greater than the others, and obviously an iron man suit made from a door.


Most of those abilities aren't from being an Earthbender, they're from being Toph. She's basically the best Earthbender in the World of Avatar, the only Metal Bender and someone who can see with her feet via Earthbending.

Pretty much all other Earthbenders lack those traits.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 04:39 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

i said earlier on that post that that is assuming you mastered everything about the bending. anyway, other benders could learn those things, Aang learned to feel like toph at the end, toph is just like an uber prodigy of earth bending, she would pretty much have to teach it to someone else, otherwise it would be pretty difficult to learn


__________________

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 04:49 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by menokokoro
i said earlier on that post that that is assuming you mastered everything about the bending. anyway, other benders could learn those things, Aang learned to feel like toph at the end, toph is just like an uber prodigy of earth bending, she would pretty much have to teach it to someone else, otherwise it would be pretty difficult to learn

A lot of Toph's attributes can most likely only be attained by being blind and thus able to better "listen" to the Earth. Aang is the Avatar so of course he could learn but I'm not sure anyone else could.

Look at Bumi, he was 113 years old and (other than Toph) probably the greatest living Earthbender. With all his years of experience he still couldn't metal bend or sense things like Toph did. That was why he knew Toph would be a better teacher for Aang.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 05:16 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Lost

Well Toph could do it because she was in the same situation as the badger moles, blind as hell and needing a way to see. Besides the Avatar, I'm not sure any other bender could learn that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 06:24 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Toph could do it because she was in the same situation as the badger moles, blind as hell and needing a way to see. Besides the Avatar, I'm not sure any other bender could learn that.

Yeah. Blindness plays a big part in explaining Toph's success as a bender. Without the distraction of sight she can listen to the Earth.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 06:37 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A lot of Toph's attributes can most likely only be attained by being blind and thus able to better "listen" to the Earth. Aang is the Avatar so of course he could learn but I'm not sure anyone else could.

Look at Bumi, he was 113 years old and (other than Toph) probably the greatest living Earthbender. With all his years of experience he still couldn't metal bend or sense things like Toph did. That was why he knew Toph would be a better teacher for Aang.
the only thing superior about the avatar (besides the avatar state) is being able to bend all the elements, the rest is up to the individual. and like i said, aang was taught by toff, a blind earth bender who learned these abilities because she is blind. so she could teach those things to someone else, there is no reason to think that she couldn't.

I agree that to just learn on your own you would have to be blind to learn. and since bumi isn't blind it makes sense that he doesn't know it. bumi didn't know about toff, he just said that he needs to find someone who waits and listens, it just so happens that toff was that person, it had nothing to do with metal bending or seeing with your feet.


__________________

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 01:54 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by menokokoro
the only thing superior about the avatar (besides the avatar state) is being able to bend all the elements, the rest is up to the individual. and like i said, aang was taught by toff, a blind earth bender who learned these abilities because she is blind. so she could teach those things to someone else, there is no reason to think that she couldn't.

I agree that to just learn on your own you would have to be blind to learn. and since bumi isn't blind it makes sense that he doesn't know it. bumi didn't know about toff, he just said that he needs to find someone who waits and listens, it just so happens that toff was that person, it had nothing to do with metal bending or seeing with your feet.

I like to believe that being a 113 year old crazy-genius Bumi knew of Toph. stick out tongue


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 02:09 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

lol, that would be cool, but thats not how i see it.

but there is no evidence to the contrary, so you could be right.


__________________

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 02:30 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gender: Male
Location: Tending the throne.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I like to believe that being a 113 year old crazy-genius Bumi knew of Toph. stick out tongue


Bumi was a mad genius, you ignorant cretin.

And if he wasn't referring to Toph from that statement, then I'm a flying lemur's uncle.


__________________
-"My internet is currently so bad I'm time traveling. Don't worry about it."

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 06:29 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Lost

There's no way Bumi wasn't talking about Toph.

Some who waits, and listens.

That's how she fights, she waits for her opponent to make a move, then listens/feels their vibrations.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 06:37 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

lol seems im the unpopular one on this subject.

but just because thats exactly what she does, does not mean that she was who he meant. It could mean that bumi knew aang needed that sort of teacher, and toff was that sort of teacher he needed.

anyway, back to the argument that spawned this one. I think bumi could have learned metal bending and seeing with his feet at a younger age (like toff/aangs age) but right now i think he is too set in his ways for him to learn something new, or it would be really tough for him.


__________________

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 04:32 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Lost

If he was younger and trained with Badger-Moles...I'm sure there's a chance he could have learned it.

But yeah, not now. I'm still curious as to how Aang figured out how to do it with no formal training.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 04:56 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
If he was younger and trained with Badger-Moles...I'm sure there's a chance he could have learned it.

But yeah, not now. I'm still curious as to how Aang figured out how to do it with no formal training.

He's the Avatar. He was able to perform rudimentary firebending after next to no training with the deserter in Season One. He was also able to copy Katara's water bending just from seeing her do it once.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 05:43 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He's the Avatar. He was able to perform rudimentary firebending after next to no training with the deserter in Season One. He was also able to copy Katara's water bending just from seeing her do it once.
I don't think thats because he is the avatar, i think that is because he is just good, he learned VERY quickly, partly because he had to, and partly because he is a prodigy. f/e avatar roku took years to master each element, aang did them in what, a few weeks.

its like i said, the reason he leaned to see through earthbending is because he was taught by toff. imo


__________________

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 10:25 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by menokokoro
I don't think thats because he is the avatar, i think that is because he is just good, he learned VERY quickly, partly because he had to, and partly because he is a prodigy. f/e avatar roku took years to master each element, aang did them in what, a few weeks.

its like i said, the reason he leaned to see through earthbending is because he was taught by toff. imo

No it's definitely because he's the Avatar. As the reincarnation of the previous Avatar (and all those before him) he has A Priori knowledge of bending that is just waiting to be unlocked and coaxed out of him. That's the only reason the Avatar can learn more than one style of bending. Some Avatars are probably more skilled than others (I'd reckon Kyoshi was probably number one before Aang came along) but they all have the same innate capacity to learn incredibly fast and well.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 12:42 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Lost

Well, all the Avatars shown had some crazy feats....and each was number 1 in their prospective element.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 01:00 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, all the Avatars shown had some crazy feats....and each was number 1 in their prospective element.

What was the most recent Waterbender Avatar's uber feat?


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 04:19 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 07:44 PM.
Pages (127): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.