KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney, Draft 3:

King Kandy's Tourney, Draft 3:
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

can I change my pick to Dr. Strange under those guidelines?

EDIT: jokes of course wink

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:07 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Side note- could we define power copying?

Is power copying like Faust, or Mimic, or even Absorbing Man, where they require an external source to copy/borrow from? Or is it any high level shape shifter who could use another character's powers as inspiration?

Would Meggan shapeshifting to look like Nightcrawler constitute power copying even if it was under her own power (or, I guess, her power comes from the earth/nature/energy, but the point being it doesn't come from Nightcrawler)? Even if Nightcrawler was nowhere near her?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:20 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Existere
Side note- could we define power copying?

Is power copying like Faust, or Mimic, or even Absorbing Man, where they require an external source to copy/borrow from? Or is it any high level shape shifter who could use another character's powers as inspiration?

Would Meggan shapeshifting to look like Nightcrawler constitute power copying even if it was under her own power (or, I guess, her power comes from the earth/nature/energy, but the point being it doesn't come from Nightcrawler)? Even if Nightcrawler was nowhere near her?

Does she get his powers? If so, then IMO, thats power copying.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:22 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

If that's Meggans ability, then she seems over the caps anyways. I understood that she needed another's presence.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:23 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Wouldn't this fall under power copying? The scans are in her respect thread:

"Meggan's most formidable talent is her ability to instantly mimic the powers of other superhumans, in one case turning into fully empowered duplicates of Dazzler, Rogue, Colossus, Longshot, Storm, Wolverine, Rachel Summers, and Havok in rapid succession."

I also seem to remember her using Silver Surfers powers at one point and also growing to such a size as to fight Galactus by herself.
Taking a look at her respect thread, it appears that much of this is context sensitive-

The stuff about her copying the mutants said that she was telepathically connected with Rachel, and used her telepathic guidance to cycle through their different abilities.

The Silver Surfer bit refers to when she was in a magical dimension that heightened her powers significantly.

The Galactus scan seems to imply she could only keep it up for a small amount of time or else she'd burn out her entire energy source (the earth). And she never fought Galactus, just grew really big.

None of those scream > low herald to me, but I'll let Kandy be the judge.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:48 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ha. Welcome to hosting, Kandy. Good job thus far, but the iffy picks are always an excellent test of a host's limits and mettle. It seems like Vulcan was a warmup for this round.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 04:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Existere
The stuff about her copying the mutants said that she was telepathically connected with Rachel, and used her telepathic guidance to cycle through their different abilities.

This worries me. So as long as she has the correct information, she can take on the powers of pretty much anyone (including Omega Levels)? Also, didn't she halt the Chaos Wave at one point?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 05:53 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by King Kandy
This worries me. So as long as she has the correct information, she can take on the powers of pretty much anyone (including Omega Levels)? Also, didn't she halt the Chaos Wave at one point?
That power has never been demonstrated, as far as I know. It all seems to be some basic shape shifting- she turned into Sand, a la Sandman once- or basic energy energy manipulation- guided via Rachel, she was able to turn sound into light like Dazzler.

When she had access to a dimension of magical energy, she was capable of recreating something that was compared to the power cosmic, complete with a Surfer-ish silver glaze.

She's enhanced her senses, given herself the ability of breathing fire, or immunity to toxins. All just natural extensions of being a shape shifter and an elemental.

Here are the Chaos Wave scans

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?...65page19rk5.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?...65page20cv0.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?...65page21sm5.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?...65page22pw0.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?...65page23xk4.jpg

So, it leads to me believe that it was a ridiculous one-time amp (much like the Silver Surfer one) that led to an unquantifiable feat relating to how she was of a similar energy source to the wave/the area the wave was in... like Invisible Woman busting a hole in a celestial.

Again, nothing that screams > Low Herald to me, but all impressive none the less.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 06:24 AM
King Kandy

It states in wiki that she took the powers of Rachel herself. Did she?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 06:38 AM
Smurph
------

It states in wiki that she took the powers of Rachel herself. Did she?
I'm looking into it now. The respect thread scans aren't working.

Rachel isn't an omega level mutant though, and isn't a low herald, so I'm surprised if that's the case make-or-break point.

Also, point of clarity, 'took' is a misleading word, seeing as we've only seen her emulate powers via shapeshifting and energy manipulation, and never actually take other people's attributes or powers from them. Anyways, I'll bring up the info as soon as it's available to me.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 09:17 PM
Smurph
------

So, it's late, but flipping through them, I see her transform into:

Wolverine
Longshot
Dazzler
Havok
Storm
Colossus
Rogue

All for a few panels each, while her mind was taken over by Rachel/Phoenix.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 05:36 AM
King Kandy

Yeah... i'm going to have to reject her then. There's too many possibilities and not enough limits, her capabilities seem clearly above the caps to me.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 06:08 AM
King Kandy

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 10:09 PM
King Kandy

Replacement for Meggan: Living Monolith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Monolith

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 07:43 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Replacement for Meggan: Living Monolith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Monolith

Awesome.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 08:48 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Draft 7: Nyeun Chun Ti (Persuader)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persuader_(comics)

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 02:53 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Draft 7: Nyeun Chun Ti (Persuader)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persuader_(comics)

A Swedish power metal band?

That's hardly fair. They'll **** shit up with magical guitar solos and summoned dragons.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 03:28 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Bentley
Awesome.

co-signed. delph using him in an old High Meta tourney *cough* was a thrill for me to judge.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 06:18 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote