KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » prequel haters

prequel haters
Started by: InfernoJG95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Seriously what are you smoking? I have ZERO issue with you being a Star Wars fan. Good for you, the more the merrier. My issue is with the way you frame your responses making you and your arguments seem juvenile, hence you lose all credibility. Lighten up. People can be fans of the movies or the franchise for that matter and not be blindly in love with every facet of it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2010 10:26 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I didn't like ROTS because the actor who played Anekin made him into a whiner. I like the clone war for the opposite reason; it makes Anekin into a reckless Jedi who later became Darth Vader.

I liked Jar Jar, but the idea of a virgin birth, just made me shutter.

Attack of the clones was my favorite of the three.

you had me up until that last line. damn you. sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 01:33 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ~JP~
Seriously what are you smoking? I have ZERO issue with you being a Star Wars fan. Good for you, the more the merrier. My issue is with the way you frame your responses making you and your arguments seem juvenile, hence you lose all credibility. Lighten up. People can be fans of the movies or the franchise for that matter and not be blindly in love with every facet of it.
I have no idea about your critique of this poster but I do agree if you're a fan of something you don't need to love every facet of it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 04:28 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by -Pr-

JP had me at hello. wink

Old Post Dec 18th, 2010 09:11 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

And I always will baby!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2010 02:20 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by -Pr-

Sorry, but I liked AOTC too...way better than I'll ever like Return of the Jedi or The Phantom Menace. It's 2nd on my list, only to ROTS.

Yeah, AOTC is way too cheesy and too much Sci-Fi bubble gum...but that's what Lucas does best...have fun with his films and in a strange way, it worked for me. The film actually had a story and to those that say it didn't, we're obviously not watching the same movie. It's the story of struggling between living an honest life, or giving into your attachments. Even if the plot was basic, every now and then I enjoy a film that is easy to follow and doesn't fry my brain in the process with too much sophistication and boring crap like most Hollywood film critics like.

If you think about it, the entire Prequel trilogy is one gigantic story of attachment. TPM has Anakin leaving his attachment to persue his dream....AOTC he finds out he can't pursue his dreams without holding on to his attachements...and in ROTS...his attachment to Padme is his inevitable downfall. There are flaws in the story and the way it was executed yes, but when you look at it as a whole and reflect on the message behind each film, it all echoed back to Anakin and his attachments.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Dec 20th, 2010 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

It's a tragedy film cause of anakin turning to the darkside

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 09:37 AM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That what it was supposed to be, yes.

AOTC is obsolete.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 01:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I don't mind the PT even though there are some loop holes in it, but I do prefer the OT...the story for me was much more powerful...the PT was about a whiny little boy who wanted to save his peedo girlfriend so he helped kill younglings and other jedi for some pervert emperor.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 06:47 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I loved the prequel trilogy, the phantom menace is my favorite right after empire, and i grew up with the originals. I went into the movie with the same mind frame as when i saw the originals, to be entertained. The only thing for me that Lucas could of done different would of been to keep darth maul all the way to the begining of ROTS instead of using dooku. People say the PT is full of holes well so is the OT. Luke trains for a week or so and can go up against vader?? In ANH if the star destroyer can tell there are no life signs on the escape pod then how come they have to bring a scanning crew aboard the falcon on the star destroyer? the films are great regardless and will be timeless for all 6 of them.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 08:06 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I blame the "blankie syndrome" on that hate for the PT. What do I mean by "blankie syndrome"? I mean that these people have attachments to their "blankie" and cannot give it up. Some children will not let go of a small blanket that they've had while growing up and it is near impossible to get them to let go of it. The OT is their "blankie". They have gone as far as to try and justify their positions in elaborate manners rather than just giving up their "blankies." Now, this is not to say that everyone in this thread fits that category: some of you have legitimate complaints about the PT, and such. However, I notice a lot of Star Wars blankie syndrome on KMC and it annoys me, but I am happy to say that there are several of you that like the PT better than the OT.

Not matter what GL did, OT fanboys would have hated the PT. There was nothing to avoid that.

Fact is, the PT is better in almost every single facet.

Better acting.
Better effects.
Better story.
Better characters.
Better cinematography.
Better fantasy elements.
Better movie score.
Better sound and sound effects.
Ground breaking effects has to go to the OT, hands down.
Wow factor, however, has to go to the PT, easily.

Any time I hear some fanboy say that the OT acting is better than the PT, I just remind them of Luke Skywalker and/or link them to Luke's whine fest against Vader in ESB: quite shitty acting and it should make any normal person laugh.

Hayden was whiny?

Ha!

Hamil was much whinier in the first two OT films.

There was no ground breaking efforts in the PT? Sure, maybe if we are speaking only about RoTS, but the fact is, Lucas and his team made leaps of CGI progress in TPM. They made even more progress in AoTC. The kept that advances from AoTC and used that in RotS. If some were as big of "Star Wars" fans as they profess, they would know that.

That said, I still think both the OT and PT are some of the best movies of all time. All 6 of them go in my top 20. I love them shits really really badly. sad

Edit - Side note, I've gotta give props to my boy, darthmaul1, for approaching the PT movies with an open mind and judging the films exactly for what they were: excellent films. I wish every Star Wars fanboy approached the PT like that: we might have had much better Star Wars goodness than what we have now but the haters may have prevented us from getting anymore films. GL was thinking about doing episodes 7, 8, and 9, when he was working on TPM...but he changed his mind somwhere between AoTC and RotS. If he had gotten almost universal praise, his distaste for all of that hard work might have been outweighed by the love he got. Just saying that you haters may have prevented the best episodes from being made into GL-level quality of films. For that, I hate you. no expression (not really, I still love you guys.)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 09:55 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by dadudemon
I blame the "blankie syndrome" on that hate for the PT. What do I mean by "blankie syndrome"? I mean that these people have attachments to their "blankie" and cannot give it up. Some children will not let go of a small blanket that they've had while growing up and it is near impossible to get them to let go of it. The OT is their "blankie". They have gone as far as to try and justify their positions in elaborate manners rather than just giving up their "blankies." Now, this is not to say that everyone in this thread fits that category: some of you have legitimate complaints about the PT, and such. However, I notice a lot of Star Wars blankie syndrome on KMC and it annoys me, but I am happy to say that there are several of you that like the PT better than the OT.

Not matter what GL did, OT fanboys would have hated the PT. There was nothing to avoid that.

Better acting.
Better effects.
Better story.
Better characters.
Better cinematography.
Better fantasy elements.
Better movie score.

Any time I hear some fanboy say that the OT acting is better than the PT, I just remind them of Luke Skywalker and/or link them to Luke's whine fest against Vader in ESB: quite shitty acting and it should make any normal person laugh.

Hayden was whiny?

Ha!

There was no ground breaking efforts in the PT? Sure, maybe if we are speaking only about RoTS, but the fact is, Lucas and his team made leaps of CGI progress in TPM. They made even more progress in AoTC. The kept that advances from AoTC and used that in RotS. If some were as big of "Star Wars" fans as they profess, they would know that.

That said, I still think both the OT and PT are some of the best movies of all time. All 6 of them go in my top 20. I love them shits really really badly. sad

Edit - Side note, I've gotta give props to my boy, darthmaul1, for approaching the PT movies with an open mind and judging the films exactly for what they were: excellent films. I wish every Star Wars fanboy approached the PT like that: we might have had much better Star Wars goodness than what we have now but the haters may have prevented us from getting anymore films. GL was thinking about doing episodes 7, 8, and 9, when he was working on TPM...but he changed his mind somwhere between AoTC and RotS. If he had gotten almost universal praise, his distaste for all of that hard work might have been outweighed by the love he got. Just saying that you haters may have prevented the best episodes from being made into GL-level quality of films. For that, I hate you. no expression (not really, I still love you guys.)

Great response!!
Awww Thanks. smile for the props
IMO The PT followed the same formula as the OT in the way the story was presented and told. with regards to Jar Jar, was he annoying, yes to a certain extent but there again so were the ewoks, and people have to look at what they are there for, comedy and for the kids.
I still think the clone troopers in ATOC and ROTS look great and it's extremely difficult to tell they are CGI. Until i saw the behind the scenes i didn't know. Makes me think of AVATAR and how cameron had to wait for the tech to catch up? he could of done that move 10 years ago, and IMO the Clones and Gungans look better than the Na'vi.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 10:36 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Better acting.
Better effects.
Better story.
Better characters.
Better cinematography.
Better fantasy elements.
Better movie score.

Hayden was whiny?

Ha!

Better effects don't count in this situation, of course the effects were better...these movies were made later on. If the OT had been made AFTER the PT then the graphics would be amazing...heck they'd probably be avatar like graphics.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 01:24 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by steverules_2
Better effects don't count in this situation, of course the effects were better...these movies were made later on. If the OT had been made AFTER the PT then the graphics would be amazing...heck they'd probably be avatar like graphics.

It certainly does count because they are saying the OT is better than the PT. Part of the large attraction to Star Wars was the tech and the effects. To overlook the SFX is to not really appreciate what Star Wars is intended to be: an fun sci-fi adventure with second to none SFX.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Great response!!
Awww Thanks. smile for the props
IMO The PT followed the same formula as the OT in the way the story was presented and told. with regards to Jar Jar, was he annoying, yes to a certain extent but there again so were the ewoks, and people have to look at what they are there for, comedy and for the kids.
I still think the clone troopers in ATOC and ROTS look great and it's extremely difficult to tell they are CGI. Until i saw the behind the scenes i didn't know. Makes me think of AVATAR and how cameron had to wait for the tech to catch up? he could of done that move 10 years ago, and IMO the Clones and Gungans look better than the Na'vi.

You bet. You get flack from others but you certainly approach shit with an open mind.

Also, yes, I think we could have done the Na'vi with technology from 10 years ago, but it would have taken much much longer to render. That was part of Cameron's deal: he waited until it was financially feasible. Even then, it took a while to complete.

And, yeah, I did not realize that they were CGI: i thought they were real until I watched the "making of" stuff. Just amazing. Lighting, fog, reflection, surface textures. Just amazing.

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 01:54 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

It certainly does count because they are saying the OT is better than the PT. Part of the large attraction to Star Wars was the tech and the effects. To overlook the SFX is to not really appreciate what Star Wars is intended to be: an fun sci-fi adventure with second to none SFX.

I guess I can't expect little kids to understand that better effects were around in the 70's/80's

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 10:41 AM
coolmovies

I dont hate the PT its just that it could have been made better. Even EP 3 is not as good becouse everything is happning too fast (Anakin's turn to the dark side)

The script was weak and could have been better there was too much focus on CGI and not much on the storyline by Lucus.

Last edited by coolmovies on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 03:44 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by steverules_2
I guess I can't expect little kids to understand that better effects were around in the 70's/80's

exsqueeze me, baking powder?? That depends on the movie. There were more models and live explosions in the OT no CGI, but even in the PT they still used some models and pyrotechnics. The super star destroyer hitting the 2nd death star looked soooo cool, NOT!
that would be one effect i would redo cause when it hits and blows up you can see the matt lines clear as day. Even look at the first terminator some of the effects in there are very crappy compared to today. there are very few movies that can with stand the test of time, the OT with some exceptions is one of them.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 05:16 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Even look at the first terminator some of the effects in there are very crappy compared to today.

They're like some of Ray Harryhausen's stuff.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 07:30 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Originally posted by InfernoJG95
Ummm I'm a hardcore star wars fan allright ask anyone I know....I get picked on at school loads for it so I should no how much I love it. It changed my life since I saw episode IV. It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan or how much you know: I know alot aswell: it's how much you love it. JP if your gay comment is to stop me loving star wars I'm pissed off. I love star wars. I don't care if I never got to see it in 1977. I got to experiance the PT in the cinema. And with star wars in 3D coming up I'll finally get to experiance the originals. I'll never stop loving star wars. It's my favourite thing in the world

There's more to life then star wars son big grin

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 11:00 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 08:46 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote